Meat every day is "bad"

Options
Lauramh31
Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
I was just talking to people who were saying that having meat every day is bad and not healthy. ?????? If I could raise one eye brow like this ----> :huh: I would have. Instead I just chose not to get into the debate on fat, cholesterol, grass fed, organic, etc. Sigh. Yay for this support group :drinker:

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    There are far too many people out there with an agenda. They would have no interest in reading an actual non-observational study because it would crush their soapbox.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to people who were saying that having meat every day is bad and not healthy

People lied.
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    haha I know. It's just funny that everyone thinks the way they eat is the "right" way and believe all of the things they hear on the news or in the "health" magazines like "bananas are evil" and "fat makes you fat" and "red meat causes heart disease". :grumble: It's the reason I try not to talk much about food w/ most people.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    agreed, its frusterating...I don't even bother anymore defending my way of eating, and yes it feels like I am defending it ..:ohwell:
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid to say that I used to be one of "those people." Because a read a few books and ate that way for a few months, I apparently thought I was an expert. Now that I eat Paleo/Primal, and I'm feeling better than I ever have in my life...I've decided to shut my mouth unless someone directly inquires. I'm also planning to send my "Happy Herbivore" and "The China Study" books to a friend that recently became vegan....!
  • blueimp
    blueimp Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Other people's opinions are...theirs.