Submit General Feedback Here

Options

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So far I really like the updates to the app. It is more user friendly and easier to navigate. I think it is definitely easier to use. My main issue is the lack of forum support or even viewing your own profile (possible I am just missing it). I catch myself using the browser on my phone to access the site more frequently because I can easily view the forums as well as my profile and see if I have missed any posts on my wall. What has been done so far looks great though.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    One thing that I would like to see (wasn't in the old app either) is a larger precision for decimal places.

When weighing food, the results are often in fractions (5/8). It would be nice to keep the precision out to at least three decimal places (or have an option to select the precision)

Just to play devil's advocate..........The extra .026 grams on whatever you are weighing are not going to have any significant impact on your intake for that food. I think this would overcomplicate things where it is not necessary. JMHO
  • info_nrs
    info_nrs Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I haven't read through all these replies, so I apologize if someone already said this, but I do not like the new graphics/color scheme. Some of the place that should be outlined as 'buttons' have nothing on them to set them apart for you to know what to select/click on. I think this would be frustrating to new users. A lot of the menu titles are simply words when in the old version they were buttons.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So far I really like the updates to the app. It is more user friendly and easier to navigate. I think it is definitely easier to use. My main issue is the lack of forum support or even viewing your own profile (possible I am just missing it). I catch myself using the browser on my phone to access the site more frequently because I can easily view the forums as well as my profile and see if I have missed any posts on my wall. What has been done so far looks great though.

I agree with all of the above.

I am on a Galaxy SII and have had zero issues so far.

As far as viewing your own profile. When you click and get the left pane to expand, click on your picture and it takes you to your wall. ( took me a while to find this )
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options

you can see your own profile, if you click to bring up the left hand menu, then click on your own name at the top it will take you there :)
  • viscome
    viscome Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    As I use the app more I'm finding it frustrating when trying to edit selections in the diary.

- You have to delete them one at a time, no option to multi-select and delete all at once
    - When deleting (or editing) one at a time, if you try to go to fast, the app gets behind and you receive odd results (doubling of content, wrong things get deleted, etc)

It seems like there needs to be some more synchronization between the UI and the updates to the server.
  • viscome
    viscome Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One thing that I would like to see (wasn't in the old app either) is a larger precision for decimal places.

When weighing food, the results are often in fractions (5/8). It would be nice to keep the precision out to at least three decimal places (or have an option to select the precision)

Just to play devil's advocate..........The extra .026 grams on whatever you are weighing are not going to have any significant impact on your intake for that food. I think this would overcomplicate things where it is not necessary. JMHO

You're right, its not about the extra tenths (or hundredths) for the calorie count. It would just be nice to see the actual amounts that were consumed. I know the iPad app provides a select list of fractions to select from - this would be even better.

I'm not sure how it would overcomplicate to allow an extension of the precision (not like it would be required). But, then again, this was just a suggestion as a nice to have, not a requirement :)
  • kcmsmith0405
    kcmsmith0405 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Nice looking app,

I have to agree with some of the previous posters here are my thoughts:

1) you moved the add button for the diary but now it looks like a menu not a button, even after using it a while I still have to look to remember where it is.
    2) community access would be nice but I understand why you do not do it.
    3) I would love if my recent foods would actually sync with my recent web foods. the 2 right now do not appear to talk so when I am going back and forth I have to search for foods all over again to enter them instead of just being able to go to my recents tab and add them from there.
    4) entering and editing in the diary is a lot more cumbersome than the webpage, making it work closer to how the webpage works would be amazing.

Keep up the good work!

Kelly
  • JenOman
    JenOman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    So far I am loving the new app. I think it looks clean and has the same ease of use. My only issue is it took me a minute to find the hidden menu where I could access my diary. I would rather have that on the main page than say the weekly stats, but that could just be me. (And I did manage to make it crash the first day, but I haven't been able to replicate what I was doing at the time)

Oh, I also LOVE that I can change the foods I am looking at while trying to add them, switching between recent/frequent and then between all meals and say, lunch. I tend to eat random foods for meals, so it is nice to be able to switch between the frequent food choices on the fly instead of in the settings. (hopefully, this makes sense)

The reminder feature also seems really cool. I haven't used it yet, but I think it would be helpful on the weekend.

Plus, I love the fact I can see my fitbit tracker progress via the app. That is WAY nice!

Basically, I LOVE the new app!!
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A suggestion: How about a sync icon / button on the top bar, static across all pages. It would be grey if there are no changes to sync, lit up if there are changes, and animated if it's currently syncing. You could also tap it to force a sync.

I know there's already a data sync in the settings menu, but this would be easier to see at a glance and use.
  • ukulelist
    ukulelist Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feature request: quick navigate to current day in diary.

The web interface has a reasonably intuitive way of navigating back to the current day's diary if, say, you're browsing past diary entries (click on calendar icon, today's date is in yellow). It's not *incredibly* discoverable, but it is convenient once you figure it out.

Would love to see a similar feature on mobile. I have eventually discovered that clicking on the date causes a date picker interface to pop up, but it can be time consuming to turn the spinner to the current day. "return to current day" is a common enough operation that it would be nice to see it be easier.
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    A thought... The cursor stays on "to" screen when replying to messages. This is rather counter intuitive, would prefer it straight in the message box. Also haven't seen how you are notified of new messages in this build, I have had an email alerting me but nothing obvious in the app?
  • richUK
    richUK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of problems last week with the app crashing when searching. latest patch appears to have covered this, so thanks.

One issue I had in the non-Beta version was a problem when entering exercise time always saving as the wrong time, either in the am, or the am minus one hour - even when I stated that it was afternoon/evening exercise - this seems to be working fine in the Beta version, so thanks for that.

still looking at things, and need to read some of the other threads to see if I've spotted anything that no-one else has.

Notes:

Accessing the diary is non-intuitive, but once you get used to it, it's okay.. I'd prefer it to be easier to access from the main page.

Entering a new recipe under settings seems really oddly located? took me a while to find it. Also, when entering ingredients in a recipe, I was scanning barcodes, and when I disagreed with the automatically selected result, I was being jettisoned out of the recipe entry - hence losing all of my ingredients that hadn't been saved.

EDIT: LG Nexus 4
  • koolade1027
    Options
    Really like all the changes thus far to the app. Much cleaner. Took me a while to figure out the top left was a button too but now it's second nature.
  • lwoodroff
    Options
    this isn't new to this release, but sometimes when the app opens it goes to a really odd message screen (which looks like spam) - something about Albert?! don't know if the developers are aware?

also sometimes it opens on '[blank] completed his diary'...

these are both relatively regular occurrences rather than opening on the main screen.
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I like the look of the new app, but I don't see much "NEW" about it. As others have stated, I was looking forward to checking the new version out - expecting for community to be available to at least some extent.

Can you update your weight on the mobile app? I haven't been able to find that.

Also, it's really touchy and is constantly changing the date while I'm scrolling on the home page.

I like the new set up. Nice color. Nice font sizes.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    My HTC Thunderbolt reached the end of its useful life in the middle of this Beta test. That's probably good though, it's a real world test. The app worked fine on the Thunderbolt, it was the phone that was sluggish. I just loaded MFP onto my new Nexus 4 and it's working well. Everything installed and synced perfectly. I'm not surprised because I was already running it on my Nexus 10. USA.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Man, this runs GREAT on a Nexus 4!
  • Alan
    Alan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Can you update your weight on the mobile app? I haven't been able to find that.
    Click the side menu button (top left) and go to Progress
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Usability of Sync Now

I would like a quicker way to perform a Sync Now operation. I use both the app and the web site extensively. The app's data is often out of sync with the web site, either one way or the other. The app appears to sync on its own when it's open... but not always, and not quickly enough at times.

Currently the only way I know how to request sync explicitly is to tap four UI elements (sidebar/Settings/Data Sync/Sync Now), then a fifth to get back to the home screen. If there's a faster way to request "sync now", I'd like to know.

I'd prefer that it operate this way: from any screen, choose Menu -> Sync Now (in the same place as Menu -> Send Feedback), then the sync should happen "in the background" -- meaning we don't move to a different screen from the one we were at. For example, if I'm looking at my Diary and do Menu -> Sync Now, I want it to perform the sync (perhaps with a notification and/or an info pop-up) and continue with looking at my Diary. Same with the Home/Summary or Home/Daily screens.

Thanks