Beginner questions

Options
JonathanBB
JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
I just got Insanity as a gift. No idea where it was ordered from. I am starting June 4 (I want my off day to be Monday not Sunday).

1. I usually workout at home barefoot. That okay or should I be wearing sneakers for these workouts?

2. Does the program include a warm-up or just launch right in assuming you have warmed up on your own? If on your own any suggested warm-ups?

Replies

• CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I have TurboFire. However, I do believe they all do warm ups and cool downs. Sometimes I do more of a warm up before the work out though.

Since mine is cardio based, I like to wear a barely there shoe. Very light. Traction is not my friend in this work out.
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just got Insanity as a gift. No idea where it was ordered from. I am starting June 4 (I want my off day to be Monday not Sunday).

1. I usually workout at home barefoot. That okay or should I be wearing sneakers for these workouts?

2. Does the program include a warm-up or just launch right in assuming you have warmed up on your own? If on your own any suggested warm-ups?

Hi Jonathan,

What type of floors do you have? I know Shaun T recommends wearing shoes because a lot of the moves are high impact. I have several friends that have done Insanity barefoot with no problems. I also have several friends who tried it and could not do it barefoot because of their carpet and rug burn. I tried P90X Plyometrics without shoes and I could not do it for the same reasons. I would say to try it and if it does hurt then wear some type of shoe.

Yes Insanity has warm ups and stretches. However I always stretch a little before on my own because I know my body well. I used to be always prone to shin splints. You may want to do a little stretching on your own. The warm ups are tough from the start. Depending on your fitness level you may get exhausted during the warm ups. It will get easier just got at your own pace and take longer breaks if you have to and do your best.