Results

Options
2»

Replies

• kayenne78
    kayenne78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! What fabulous results!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hey Dawn- you are up next! Can't wait to see some results posted!
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Hey Dawn- you are up next! Can't wait to see some results posted!

Lol stacey,

My results aren't going to be anywhere near as dramatic as yours as i'm in maintenance and my BR has been about "fine tuning" more than anything else. I really miss having the major changes like i had during 30DS, RI30 and 6W6P but as it's BF% i'm working on, i've read this takes time and effort...and lots of both!
  • cindy82569
    Options
    Wow, so excited to come across this. Your b4/after pics are amazing. I am finishing week 3 and though I haven't dropped any real lbs, I feel fabulous. Excited to get into Phase 2! Thanks for posting, totally keeps me motivated!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Ok, well i finished my Body Revolution journey yesterday, and although my results do not compare with those of the fantastic Staceypunk, i thought i would still share them as i think it would be a useful insight to have results from someone who is in maintenance compared to someone who is looking for weight loss.

Since reaching my goal weight my 3 main aims are:

To "tone" my remaining wobbly bits, to concentrate on reducing BF% and to gain strength and stamina. I was hoping a combination of the 1st two aims would enable me to skim an inch or two off in the process!

A quick note: I started BR just after Xmas with an over-indulgent gain, i was 135lbs, but i don't class that as true weight gain so will use the weight i recorded after my last workout program.

.................BEFORE ............AFTER.........DIFFERENCE

Weight.........132. 6............. 130.8.......... -1.6lb (I wasn't looking for any loss as i'm in maintenance)
    Waist.............29.....................28...................-1
    Hips..............35..................33.75.............-1.25
    Bust..............35.....................34.................. -1

I didn't record any change on my arm measurements, but i have improved "guns" (see pic) :laugh:

My thigh measurements puzzled me, i had a sneaky measure after Phase 1 and they both measured in at 0.25" smaller, but today shows no change, i'm not sure if i measured incorrectly after Phase 1, or if the newly discovered muscle on the side of my thighs is the reason for a slight increase on the sneaky measurements.

No change on under bust measurement.

So, not alot of inches lost, but i'm happy there is *some*. If i am completely honest with myself, i did expect a little more after working my *kitten* of for 90 days, especially in the thigh area, BUT i do need to remind myself that reducing BF% is a long, slow process... and i'm no longer able to achieve the massive transformations that i am used to having in my previous workouts when i was in weight loss mode. Also, i haven't logged my food for the duration of the program and my diet probably isn't as clean as it should be (vital for reducing BF%) :frown:

The numbers may not be huge but i have still taken alot of other things away from BR:

- I've never had saggy boobs, but i do think they seem a little more "pert" than they were before :bigsmile:
    - I have muscle definition on the outside of my thighs (stated above)
    - My bottom has shown quite a big reduction in size and shape, my husband was the first to notice it!
    - My saddlebags (Love handles) are much reduced :heart: :heart: (love this change - always a main problem area of mine)
    - I'm feeling generally tighter around the tummy/abs and have a little less "wobble" overall
    - My strength has increased enormously, i recently invested in some 5KGs!
    - I am no longer "bottom" heavy. My hips used to look huge in comparison to my small-ish waist, i now look more balanced
    - My clothes seem to fit better

I do think that i am what you would call "Skinny-fat". I think i look fine clothed, but i still need more work to be happy with my nakedness. I find it hard to see past my terrible stretch marks too, especially one that i have right about my belly button...but it is improving, very slowly.

I honestly think that my abs weren't worked nearly as much as I'd liked in BR, I know this is a full body conditioning program but I wish there had been a little more focus on some more controlled ab moves. This is probably me just being fussy after experiencing Jillian's hardcore six week 6 pack DVD.

I did want to write about my Body Fat percentage but i'm unsure about how accurate the figures are. My previous calculator using fat2fit radio was 25.4.... i used two different calculators today and they gave me two very different results: 25.08 and 22! :frown: I am planning to buy a BF measuring tool so i can monitor this properly

I did take some "before" pictures but they accidentally got deleted when I upgraded my old phone, but this is how I look now:

60ef5584-3fae-437e-bba3-d9add75f068f_zps82e3037c.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality of the pics, for some reason they went all grainy after they were cropped on my phone.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Dawn. You do need to post better pics! Don't be so hard on yourself. You are fit and beautiful! I agree though, it would be frustrating not to have much movement in numbers. YOU DID IT GIRL! 90 days! I think most people posted directly on your wall but we are all impressed!
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Dawn. You do need to post better pics! Don't be so hard on yourself. You are fit and beautiful! I agree though, it would be frustrating not to have much movement in numbers. YOU DID IT GIRL! 90 days! I think most people posted directly on your wall but we are all impressed!

Thank you Stacey.

I wouldn't say I was "disappointed" with my numbers, I skimmed a little off so I'm happy. I may not have LOST much as far as ins and lbs go, but that's unimportant to me personally, it was never my aim, I feel like I have GAINED in so many other ways. My ONLY disappointment is that my chunky thighs have hardly budged since I first started on my weight loss journey, but I guess I'm just one of the unlucky ones who are made this way!

One point I wanted to put forward though - the small amount of inches and pounds I lost does not reflect a small amount of effort put in! I worked my *kitten* off during every single workout!

I thought it would be a good idea for me to post my results so that other people in maintenance who had similar results wouldn't feel disappointed, or think they had done something wrong because they don't have massive amounts of loss to report.
  • a_new_dawn
    Options
    Stacey, I just noticed the dates on your pics... They're 5 months apart. Did you do an extended Body Revolution program?
  • staceypunk
    Options
    The only before pic that I had that showed my body was vacation pics from Aug 2012. Then I did 30DS, I lost 15 pounds during the shred and I actually did 30DS for 45 days (after I finished I didn't know what to do next, then was waiting about a week for Body Revolution to come in the mail). I did BR for the 90 days straight, one week off when I had the flu. So probably like 100 days total. :)
  • harlychic
    harlychic Posts: 58
    Options
    I just seen the results today been busy....You done a great job I think you look great. Im sure when in maintance its hard not to see the extreme changes you were once used to seeing. Ive still got a few pounds to lose and if I hadnt taken pics and mesurements I would have been disappointed with the scales. Im a lucky on that could have BF measured before and after so those are the #'s Im looking foward to seeing in a few more weeks.
    Great Job :drinker:
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've been doing JMBR and weight watchers instead of Jillian's diet. I went to my WW meeting and I'm down 3lbs in 2 weeks. It might not be a lot for some but until I started JMBR 2 weeks ago, I had been seeing 0.5lb drop in weight each week and sometimes no changes at all. So 3lbs is good for me. So today is going to be the start of week 3 for me.
  • JenRN2
    JenRN2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    WOWZAS Stacey!!! great job girl!!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey JMBR fans I just wanted to post a few notes on my results. As I didn't need to lose weight (apart from a few pounds gained in Australia) my results aren't numbers based.

1. Increased strength. I can now use heavier weights for most exercises.
    2. Increased stamina. I'm not getting as tired as I used to.
    3. Balance. The balance related exercises became easier for me as the programme went along.
    4. The ability to do exercises I couldn't do before. Push ups in any form, jumping lunges, statue of liberties.
    5. Liking exercises I didn't like before! Rock stars and canon balls!!
    6. Improved core strength which is showing in my posture.
    7. My arms looked toned and I have abs!!!

Enjoy the rest of the programme guys!!
  • Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You guys all did so well. Even motivated my guy to get up and join in. Good job again.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Nice Angie!
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am officially a JMBR graduate as of 5/26/13!

Here are my stats:

MEASUREMENT.....................DAY0........DAY 30..........DAY 60.......DAY 90
    WEIGHT.....................................193.0.........183.6..........174.4..........162.4
    CHEST........................................42.00........40.50..........41.00..........39.00
    NECK..........................................14.00........14.00..........13.00...........13.25
    WAIST.........................................35.00.........35.00..........32.00...........32.00
    ACROSS BELLYBUTTON.......41.00........41.50...........37.00..........35.00
    RIGHT THIGH............................27.00........25.00..........24.00...........22.00
    LEFT THIGH...............................26.50........25.00..........24.00...........22.50
    RIGHT BICEP............................12.50........12.00...........11.50..........11.00
    LEFT BICEP...............................12.00........12.00...........11.25..........11.00
    HIPS............................................44.00........42.50...........41.00...........39.00

Overall, I lost 30.6 pounds and 29.25 inches!!!! Very happy with my results!! I started P90X on Monday so hopefully I can tone even more in the coming 90 days!!!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Wow Jordan, awesome job!!!
  • jennbme24
    jennbme24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is awesome!!! Good job. I am only on week 5 but my results so far are on the same track as yours. Cant wait to see my final results!!!!
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Jordan- check out those measurements! You had AMAZING progress!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    wow they are great results