Introductions

Options

Replies

• Estrada262
    Estrada262 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Dennis from Chicago. I am training for my fourth Chicago Marathon. I run with Team World Vision to raise funds for clean water initiatives in Africa. I have been blessed with having raised over $10,000 which has provided clean water for over 200 children. This year, I'm a team captain and help lead a group of over 200 runners. I just set a personal record of 1:20:31 for a 10 mile race. I am hoping to acquire a USTAF coaching certification before the end of the year and running my first Ultra Marathon (54 miles) by next summer.

Check out my site: www.teamworldvision.org/goto/dennisestrada
  • Estrada262
    Estrada262 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started running last may. I have completed 2 1/2 marathons(one in sept one in march) I am registered for the chicago marathon in October

That is awesome. It truly is a world class race. You will enjoy it so much. Happy training.
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Joy. I'm 32 and I just started running about 16 months ago as part of my efforts to recover from a spinal cord injury. So far I've logged over 1600 miles running, and have lost over 100 pounds in the process. I ran my first half marathon April 2013 and am training for the Philly full marathon which is November 2013. I didn't think I was a distance running but maybe I am? :-)
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I was a distance running but maybe I am? :-)
    You have ran a half marathon and are training for a full? Yes you are a distance runner :) Welcome to the group
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Joy. I'm 32 and I just started running about 16 months ago as part of my efforts to recover from a spinal cord injury. So far I've logged over 1600 miles running, and have lost over 100 pounds in the process. I ran my first half marathon April 2013 and am training for the Philly full marathon which is November 2013. I didn't think I was a distance running but maybe I am? :-)

Freaking impressive, you are
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Been running for a while. Plenty of half marathons, one full, 10 milers and 10K. Lots of trail runs from10 to 25k. Run three times a week at least with a long run on the weekend. A heavy HIIT weight workout once a week and a yoga session I am just getting into as well. Looking forward to hanging out with other runners from around the world!
  • Marlene_33
    Marlene_33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Marlene. I have been a runner now just about a year. I decided to run when I was challenged to run a 1/2 marathon last year. Because I am so competitive, I took the challenge and now I am addicted to running. LOL I run 4-5 times a week, and also love doing Pilates every week. I plan to run my second half marathon this September and one day will build up to run a full. Feel free to friend me for daily support.
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Fábio , 26, from Brazil. I start running with seriously 14 months ago. I usually run 4 times a week or how my spreadsheet training tells me to run .. I already ran some 10k's race and just one with 5k. In 27 April I did 26 yr so to celebrate I ran 26k and that was my longest run, so far...
    The next goal gonna be in 30 Jun, officially my first half-marathon.

Just feel free to add my runners friends.
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is where I fit...I started running 1 1/2 years ago at the age of 59. With a challenged 5k that I walk and trotted through. Since then I built up and by 6 months had run 10-10ks in a month plus my milage. I have run 2-1/2 marathons.I am not fast but I do better than average I think for my age. I run only on dirt to save on my joints so do not find many races in my area to join...but who needs another tshirt or medal,Irun for the joy of running!! So today may be a 10k next sat might be a 1/2 mary????? I live in the Eastern Sierras of Calif. HOT in summer but great for year round running.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Oy, just realized I never introduced myself...

My name's Aileen and I live in Connecticut. I used to run xc and track in high school, but I wasn't a distance runner, I was a jumper. Thanks to the pounding, my arches collapsed, knees hurt, coaches had me in stability shoes, and I quit running. Fastforward 12 years to 2012 and I got a pair of VFFs and started running again--pain-free. Last year I ran two 5Ks, a 10K, 2 mud runs, and a half marathon. So far this year I've run a half marathon, have a 10K tomorrow, and am signed up for other races, including my first marathon in October.
  • utrunner
    utrunner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey - To honor the death of my father 13 years ago my sister and I are running 13 half marathons in 2013 my 6th one will be Saturday. The 8th and 9th with be the St. George marathon the first week in October. I hope to lose 20 pounds by then.
  • veg_jen
    veg_jen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I've been running for about 12 years and have also done triathlons. I tend to do the long distance stuff. I'm trying to drop a few pounds in prep for a marathon in August.
  • runpalal
    runpalal Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Everyone:

my name is Al. I have ran 10 marathons, am an instructor for marathon clinics at a store called Running Room in Canada. I have just completed a 50 mile run. I am signed up for another 50 miler. I am enjoying the trails. I hope soon to be training for a 100 miler.

Happy Trails

"SMILEAGE WITH MILEAGE"

Running Pal Al
  • Tikaboom28
    Tikaboom28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Martika (: I will be running my third marathon this year and use this app as motivation. Looking for fun recipes, workouts, and members to keep this positive energy going! Other than marathons, I have done a handful of 5ks, one half marathon, and track in high school. Running has always been a part of my life!
  • Tikaboom28
    Tikaboom28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's a huge commitment and I applaud you! Happy trails to you and I'm sure you'll be inspiring many!
  • samanthlou
    samanthlou Posts: 12
    Options
    Samantha, just a smidge north of Dallas. High school track drop out, anti-athlete. I started running just over three years ago. I ran my first full marathon in October, my second in December, my first half in Feb, and my first 10k in June (because I pretty much do everything backwards :-P )
    I just started training for Detroit again and am excited to see how much I've learned and improved over a year. :)
  • JT_Taylor_99
    Options
    My name is Jeff, I have ran 20 or so 5ks, a marathon a part of a relay team and most recently completed my first half marathon May 13. Looking forward to seeing and sharing information with fellow runners.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm Dee...I live in England, I am the biggest 49er fan in the Universe, and I just ran a marathon going from no running experience to 26.2 miles ..love c25k and the year flew by.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm Tim. I started running when I was about 21 years old. i could barely make it to the end of the block. That was a very long time ago. Lately, I cannot run because of plantar fasciitis -- the result of too much soccer in addition to the running.
    I love running hills much more than long flats.
  • barrpc
    barrpc Posts: 96
    Options
    Hello all, this is Paul from Houston. I hope I am posting right....it says "reply"....didn't see a "post" message anywhere?!?!?
    I have ran 5 marathons and several halfs during training. Last one was Big Sur and hoping to break 4 hours next year on Houston marathon. So I got me a sports nutritionist to help knock some body fat off this year and started tracking my food and exercise on MFP. Right now I am sitting on 21% :-(. Would like that to get to about 15%. Thoughts???

Anyway, Looking forward to reading your ideas and stories on this board.