Daily Check in!

Options
Run4Me2Day
Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
Day 19 done last night! 60 minutes of Cardio Fighter! Wow, I am feeling it today...a good hurt..I can't wait to get off work today and hit play later and get in some outside fun!

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! I can't wait to get that muscle soreness :)
  • VAGirl2BFit
    VAGirl2BFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well today is my Day 1. It will be a miracle if I even make it through this one workout tonight! I dont feel like I'm co-ordinated enough when I watch them do the moves. My sister has been doing it for almost 120 days and seen amazing results!! I figured I'd try it out. I dont even know how long workout 1 is! I need to look up some info today while at work but I'll be doing it tonight when I get home from work. Happy Tuesday Group! :smile:
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Well today is my Day 1. It will be a miracle if I even make it through this one workout tonight! I dont feel like I'm co-ordinated enough when I watch them do the moves. My sister has been doing it for almost 120 days and seen amazing results!! I figured I'd try it out. I dont even know how long workout 1 is! I need to look up some info today while at work but I'll be doing it tonight when I get home from work. Happy Tuesday Group! :smile:

Awesome! Let us know how it goes :) I don't know how long the workouts are yet either lol. Are you going to use the gloves or just bare-fist? I've read the gloves help you activate more arm muscles, but I'm sure there will be tons of muscle contraction on regardless with all the punching and such!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in over the weekend. I got in some Great exercise this weekend. Did some nice walking and Combat on Saturday. Took Sunday off, so had to double up yesterday! I did 60 minutes of cardio fighter and 30 minutes of Plyo...I do love my combat journey and will be doing updated pictures next week.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in over the weekend. I got in some Great exercise this weekend. Did some nice walking and Combat on Saturday. Took Sunday off, so had to double up yesterday! I did 60 minutes of cardio fighter and 30 minutes of Plyo...I do love my combat journey and will be doing updated pictures next week.

Fantastic. Share here as well if you remember to! I'll create a "progress" thread for stuff like that. :)
  • VAGirl2BFit
    Options
    Awesome! Let us know how it goes :) I don't know how long the workouts are yet either lol. Are you going to use the gloves or just bare-fist? I've read the gloves help you activate more arm muscles, but I'm sure there will be tons of muscle contraction on regardless with all the punching and such!
    [/quote]

My sister didnt order the gloves. I'm a total newbie to this! I'm gonna do it without them and if I want them I'll order them. I do have weights that i can use that strap on so we'll see how it goes. I'll just be amazed if I make it thru the workout! Hope it goes well! :)
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    My sister didnt order the gloves. I'm a total newbie to this! I'm gonna do it without them and if I want them I'll order them. I do have weights that i can use that strap on so we'll see how it goes. I'll just be amazed if I make it thru the workout! Hope it goes well! :)
    [/quote]
    I don't use the gloves and I still love it! The workouts range from 30 to 60 minutes, but the time goes by quickly I think. The workouts are action packed and always changing...between kicking and punching. The gloves aren't weighted I don't think, so you could even pick up a pair at Wal-Mart or something I suppose.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You could definitely pick up a pair of gloves at a sporting goods store--look for light bag gloves. That is what I use because I had them already. BTW, it is recommended NOT to use weighted gloves (see this instructor thread re: use of them in BODYCOMBAT classes):
    http://www.lesmills.com/Community/forums/thread/49189.aspx

Also, Dan was asked about this one time on a live videochat and he said that if anything at all, if you need more weight to use a weighted vest. I personally think that with a workout like this it is easy to ramp up intensity just by bouncing during knee strikes and putting more into your punches and kicks.
  • VAGirl2BFit
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!! I've gotta say... I'm pretty excited. I finished the Combat 30 DVD! I actually loved it! :) Is that crazy? I hope that the feeling lasts. ha ha. I know I didn't have perfect form and it took me a lil bit a few times to catch on to the moves in the right order but I did really like it and stuck with the workout for the entire DVD. I think I'll pass on the gloves for now. My sister hasn't used anything and shes looking awesome! Good way to break me into the Combat I think. I know it gets much harder from here but its ok if I dont burst that bubble until tomorrow right? :tongue:

Day 1 = Complete! Go Me!!!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Thanks Ladies!!! I've gotta say... I'm pretty excited. I finished the Combat 30 DVD! I actually loved it! :) Is that crazy? I hope that the feeling lasts. ha ha. I know I didn't have perfect form and it took me a lil bit a few times to catch on to the moves in the right order but I did really like it and stuck with the workout for the entire DVD. I think I'll pass on the gloves for now. My sister hasn't used anything and shes looking awesome! Good way to break me into the Combat I think. I know it gets much harder from here but its ok if I dont burst that bubble until tomorrow right? :tongue:

Yay!! Day 1 done, how fantastic :)
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options

I am glad you liked it! I took the night off last night, so will hit doubles probably tonight. And it is so cool that we live so close to each other.
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options

I've been doing week 1 for the past week and a half or so, but I officially start my 60 days (doing measurements) on June 2nd. I felt the same way.. I LOVED combat 30 and was able to do the whole thing, which I didn't think I would be able to do. I'm not very coordinated and still trying to get used to some of the moves, but I LOVE the workout and am definitely sore from it.
  • VAGirl2BFit
    Options
    Good Luck with it 20kb13! Sticking with it is what will bring results of any kind. That's what I keep telling myself at least. Ha ha!

AMP - Um.. I cant even Imagine doubling it up! My sister did a triple workout one day b/c she had been so busy with work. There's NO WAY! ha ha! Rock On for your Double Workout!

Day 2 = Complete!! I didn't LOVE this DVD as much as I loved the Combat 30 DVD. Tonight was HIIT 1. I wasn't great at it by any means but i kept moving to stay active throughout the whole workout. Not giving up though. I feel good that I finished the DVD today as well. Sore already though and that's a good thing. 2 days down!!! 58 more! My Oh My!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Good Luck with it 20kb13! Sticking with it is what will bring results of any kind. That's what I keep telling myself at least. Ha ha!

AMP - Um.. I cant even Imagine doubling it up! My sister did a triple workout one day b/c she had been so busy with work. There's NO WAY! ha ha! Rock On for your Double Workout!

Day 2 = Complete!! I didn't LOVE this DVD as much as I loved the Combat 30 DVD. Tonight was HIIT 1. I wasn't great at it by any means but i kept moving to stay active throughout the whole workout. Not giving up though. I feel good that I finished the DVD today as well. Sore already though and that's a good thing. 2 days down!!! 58 more! My Oh My!

You are on your way! You got this! HIIT 1 gets easier, and I find I usually really feel it the next day...let me know how you feel! I did doubles again last night: HIIT 2 PLYo & Kick Start 30! I was on a roll and it went by so quickly! That was after I cleaned the pool. I had dreams about working out last night am I sick or what??? Hope y'all have a GREAT Day!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    You guys are keeping me pumped up!! :) Good job so far this week ladies :wink:
  • VAGirl2BFit
    Options
    I'm Super SORE!!! But alive :) Ha Ha! I'm on track for tonights workout. Day 3 - I think its Combat 45? I'm not sure. My sister said she likes the workout so I hope I like it too. I also hope that I'm not too sore while doing it. Slept great last night I think b/c of the workout. Finally figure out my HRM too (I think!) So I'm gonna wear it tonight with my workout. If not then I'm going to go out at lunch and buy a new one from BestBuy. I've been wanting a FitBit. They track everything! I might still decide to go get it! Anyone else have one?
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    I'm Super SORE!!! But alive :) Ha Ha! I'm on track for tonights workout. Day 3 - I think its Combat 45? I'm not sure. My sister said she likes the workout so I hope I like it too. I also hope that I'm not too sore while doing it. Slept great last night I think b/c of the workout. Finally figure out my HRM too (I think!) So I'm gonna wear it tonight with my workout. If not then I'm going to go out at lunch and buy a new one from BestBuy. I've been wanting a FitBit. They track everything! I might still decide to go get it! Anyone else have one?
    I would get one with a chest strap...they tend to be more accurate. I have a Polar FT4, and love it.
  • karach2005
    karach2005 Posts: 7
    Options
    Day 1--Combat 30. Finished and said, "Wow, that was fun!" Love kickboxing kind of workouts.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Combat 45/Power Kata is my FAVORITE because of the inclusion of capoeria and Muay Thai moves. The HIIT ones weren't my favorite, but I looked to them as challenges. I am no expert in fitness, but I do think that they are really key to success with this program.

So on Monday, it being Memorial Day I knew I needed to expend a lot of calories due to the cookout I was going to later that afternoon. I started off with Muay Thai XT from Tapout XT, and the for some reason I thought I didn't workout enough and so I just put in Combat 30. Let me tell you--not the best decision. I was dying at the end! Combat 30 is no joke.
  • VAGirl2BFit
    Options
    Day 3 = Done!! Combat 45 was AWESOME!! I'm shocked that I feel that way. I loved doing the DVD and it just flew by! I was kinda mad that I forgot my HRM to accurately measure but I used the input on here. I'm going to take it down and leave it next to the DVD player so I dont forget again. Tomorrow is my day off and then I've got Plyo over the weekend along with Combat 30 again! Woo Hoo!! WINNING!! :)