May 31, 2013

Options
nice-motivational-Inspirational-quotes-thoughts-start-new-beginning-ending-best-great.jpg

I thought this a fitting close to the month of May. Let's go out with a bang! :happy:

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Morning!

It has turned into a very busy week for me, sorry that I have not really been around much - or posting personals to you guys. I had laringitis, then caught a rotten cold. Ended up working a 12 hr day on Wednesday and then yesterady and today (regular hours). So, I haven't had a lot of time for running. I am hoping for a run today after work, its going to be nice out so it is a must.

It is now the end of May, and I'm still not where I want to be on the scales.

Have a good friday everyone :)
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Well I still have this bloody cold and I haven't been exercising this week. I am planning on going for a run on Sunday hopefully by then my body will be healed and I will be able to breathe normally. Hope everyone is having a good week and weekend!
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Morning, I didn't workout or do any thing yesterday.... My mom who has dementia has had a rough few days In turn so have I. Its unfortunate but this can be extremely mentally exhausting. I try to remain positive for her but by the evening my usual workout time...my brain hurts. Trying to make sense of this and I can't...... even though I know to live in the moment for her I can't always stay in that imagined moment... aye see its a lot of ?'s sometimes.... I will get my workout in today I realize that's for me my enjoyment.

6-1-13 I am starting the Plank challenge and the Squat challenge....

Have a good day,thanks for listening :-)
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It's tough to be a caretaker hang in there.

I have very busy day at work but going to try to walk on my short lunch, and a friend who knows I have to sit a lot today invited me over to swim after work and make my husband and I dinner.

Luckily she is a skinny friend so dinner won't be junk food....

My sinus stuff seems to be mostly better. I had final dentist appt yesterday to finish crown I got and just having him mess with my mouth made my glands around jaw hurt again.

I got new iPhone yesterday, we just had regular phones and text before so it's a new toy. I added MFP as first icon!!
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Hey, TGIF EVERYBODY!

Liz, I love today's reminder. I need to remember that. And it's great for the last day of the month!

Maureen & Julie, sorry to hear you guys are still not feeling well. It sure makes you appreciate a well working, healthy body, doesn't it? I've had so many of those nasty bugs and I always tell myself, "When you're well, remember to appreciate it." So that's what I'm doing right now in your honor.

Toni, that must be tough. My mother has some stuff going on that keeps her heavily medicated and her social skills have suffered (I think it causes her to be quite inappropriate). That, in addition to her general malaise and lack of joy for living is absolutely draining. Of course, I live thousands of miles away, but our last visit was very difficult, as are phonecalls and emails, which are always so "blue". Luckily I have siblings to "vent" with and it helps. I hope you can do something nice for yourself, to relax.

Marla, don't even say the "D" word...or more accurately the "DDS" word! I have some teeth stuff going on right now. :-/ Hope your DDS visit doesn't trigger the illness back again. Congrats on the iPhone!!! How cool!! I have the simplest, cheapest phone (due to 2year old at home), but dream of having all those cool MFP, running, heartmonitor apps someday! Have fun with it.

Today was another dud for me. I had some shopping that had to get done this afternoon after my son's lessons. My husband worked late, so I only walked a tad on my own, and then had to hit shopping with lil girl in the sling. It wasn't lots of walking, because I took the tram for part of it, but every little bit with that extra 37 whiny, singing (generally emotionally unstable) pounds attached to me adds up. lol (in her defense, it ~was~ nap/rest time of day)
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Guess who is finally back??? Yep, lil ole me...:wink:

I had such a fun and loving time visiting with our DD and family the past few days. It was so sweet watching one graduate from kindergarten in full cap & gown. The baby is too cute and developing his own personality. Everyone seems to say that he gets very calm whenever I am around...LOL! He takes to his Granny like white on white rice...:laugh: Love all of them!

Okay, I was able to do ALL of my scheduled CLX Burn Phase strength workouts but none of the cardio which is usually for only two days per week. I am going to do one of them on Saturday. With that said, all of my outdoor chores with working the grounds and all that walking is cardio in my book and counts but I didn't log it yet. We ended up purchasing a yellow lab who is 5 weeks old so he should keep me in cardio...:laugh:

Toni: I do understand the challenges in the care of a parent with debilitating illnesses. My father passed in 2005 from an extremely difficult disease to diagnose called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. By the time he was "officially" diagnosed with this terminal disease, he was with us for 18 more months. It is so great the time you are taking to care for your mom and doing those things that can make it possible for her to be comfortable and it helps you at the same time. Thank you for noticing the "changes" in me per my profile pic, too. Photos can usually show us what's happening better than any ole scale...lol. Keep taking care of you and your mom. Btw, I love love your newest profile pic...you are such a beautiful lady.

Gigbg01: Welcome to the group!!

Liz: The May 25th health photo image was HILARIOUS!! I can see NOT making that eye contact with another while doing THAT! :laugh: :blushing: I also liked May 30th poster!! You selected so really good ones!:flowerforyou:

I sure hope that those of you that are suffering laryngitis, sinusitis and allergies start feeling much better soon. Those ailments sure can zap energy from the body.

Marla: I know that feeling of being a new iPhone user...lol. I am love mine and have MFP app downloaded.

Sherry: it's nice to be able to post in the forum again. I missed coming around her even for just the three days. Have a great end of the month!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Went to yoga class this afternoon. Will be moving boxes out of our interior closet, so we can go there if more tornadoes come our way. (that's exercise..right?) So ready for tornado season to be over. Pray for our state as we face yet another night of storms favorable for twisters.
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Well, I started my workout before midnight and finished it after midnight, so I'm going to count it as going out with a bang for the month of May! I am at work and used my one hour break to hit the treadmill. Felt good since I've been slacking lately. Thanks for keeping me motivated, friends! :wink:

ETA: I wasn't be sarcastic, since I just said I've been slacking. Reading the June Extreme Accountability got me up and moving! :laugh: