WEEKEND - I want to be happy when MONDAY rolls around!

Options
Hello Fiesty Fifties,

I often have the most difficulty on weekends with motivation for eating right and exercising.

What do you do to have a successful weekend with following eating and exercising program?

Paula

P.S. feel free to add me as a friend for support / listening ear!

Replies

• viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Yes, I know what you mean. I've found that I drink more during the week which keeps me well hydrated and less hungry. I get bored with just plain water so I've bought a few bottles of lemon & lime flavoured water in an attempt to keep myself hydrated and hopefully not have the urge to snack as much as usual. Fortunately, i enjoy being active so exercise isn't a problem. It's surprising how many calories are burnt by cleaning, walking to the shops etc!
  • JanetteBradleyMahnken
    JanetteBradleyMahnken Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weekends can be hard for me too, because then I have two more people that can help or hurt my attempts to eat healthy and exercise. I usually don't get to do my exercises on the Wii every other weekend when my boyfriend's son is with us because he is hogging it play mario carts or some sponge bob game or some thing like that where you are just moving your fingers and/or hands. Not my idea of exercise on it. And Saturdays, means I am sitting for an hour or so watching him do some type of sport like baseball or martial arts or such. And a lot of my week night can be the same, me just sitting some where for an hour or more watching him play some sport. Most of the time on the weekends they just want to play on the computer, or the Wii - but not active Wii games, or they just want to sit and watch tv. So I have to find another way to get my exercise on the the weekends. I will do a lot of house work then, or go for a long walk with my dog, or go out and walk up and down our long steep drive way, or go out and throw my basket ball in our basketball hoop that I bought the family for Christmas a couple of years ago.
  • Leena1225
    Leena1225 Posts: 16
    Options
    Weekends are hard for me too, food wise. But I try to do things that'll burn those extra calories. I usually am outside working in the garden and flower beds. And since I live on a gravel road, one of the only ones left in our area, I try to wash my car. I read an hour of washing your car can burn 400 calories. I try to do laps in our pool, but I'm not that good at it yet. It helps too for me to stay busy, then I eat less. If I just sit around, then I graze all day.