How to log DDP yoga?

Options
How do I count this for exercise.
It's not really yoga - calisthenics maybe??

What do you do?

Replies

• StephieWillcox
    StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I use my HRM and manually enter the cals burnt.

If you don't have a HRM I would advise getting one as it really helps to ensure you stay in your zone, and makes sure you're working hard enough, but not too hard!

DDP sells one himself that you can get cheaper if you order a DVD at the same time
  • kiwipez
    kiwipez Posts: 144
    Options
    Oh, duh! That makes sense!
    Thanks!
    Mary
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    No worries :)

I'm also a bit anal about it and have made an exercise for each DVD so that I can see what I did and when - i.e. "DDP Yoga: Strength Builder" or "DDP Yoga: Fat Burner"
  • EchoDelta1013
    EchoDelta1013 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    No worries :)

I'm also a bit anal about it and have made an exercise for each DVD so that I can see what I did and when - i.e. "DDP Yoga: Strength Builder" or "DDP Yoga: Fat Burner"

I did the same thing. I created the DDP exercises so they remain in my database. Ditto on theheart rate monitor. But I wouldn't buy the Pyle HRM DDP sells. I hate it. It reads my heart rate about 75% of the time even with using a gel. So frustrating.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to afford the heart rate monitor yet. Do you think my fitbit will do the trick?

14877786.png
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Fitbit isn't going to give you any credit at all really (you won't be stepping anywhere), so it would be better to use the "Yoga" estimate either on MFP or on the Fitbit website to override whatever Fitbit credits you with.
  • jenifee15
    jenifee15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had to look up an hour of vinyasa (power) yoga, and then you just change the minutes. I don't have the patience to log each DVD separately. I used to do calisthenics as my log, but it seems this helps more knowing I calculated it out. It might not be the most accurate thing in the world, but at least I know that it is being logged, even without an HRM.
  • AmyMoenae
    AmyMoenae Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question kiwipez and for the answers StephieWillcox!