Struggling

Options
tsamons
tsamons Posts: 26 Member
Day 3 and I'm really struggling. I'm eating good, fruits, veggies, chicken, greek yogurt, etc. 1250 calories but really hungry today. Drinking almost 64 oz of water along with hot green tea. Working out on elliptical for 35 min burning 330 calories. Drinking all of that water but getting cramps in my feet or calves after working out. Greatly reduced sodium and a banana every day. Any suggestions, thoughts?

Starving,
Tammy
47 with 40 lbs to loose

Replies

• IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back some of the calories you burned too? I believe 1250 is where MFP put you based on your goals - not including exercise. Since you burned about 330 calories, you are effectively only eating 920 calories. You should eat some of those back to get back to a net amount of 1250 (i.e., [(1250 + 330 = 1580) - 330 from exercise] = 1250).
  • tsamons
    tsamons Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think that may be the problem. I think I cut my calories too drastically plus working out. I'm going to try more veggies today plus more foods with fiber to fill me up longer. But the cramps in my feet and calves are killing me. I only walked my dog last night and I was awake all night with cramps in the bottom and top of my feet and my calves so bad I wanted to cry. :( But I'm going to keep drinking my water and push passed this!
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say about the cramping except that maybe you need to make sure that your sodium isn't too low. Probably also consider some sort of electrolyte drink - bananas are a good thing. Web MD has a "rehydration drink" recipe. I put it into MFP as a recipe to see what it calculates at: 90 calories, 24 carbs, 834 sodium. I don't know sugar because I track calcium instead. If you have that much room for sodium, you might benefit from it. (Bananas are a good move too.)
  • Powerfocus
    Powerfocus Posts: 18
    Options
    Worked out two days in a row more than 60 mins on treadmill. I had blisters on my two big toes from rubbing against my sneaker and my finger has a tingle I guess from holding the treadmill. How much exercise is enough and how much exercise is to much? I didn't think about that I just wanted to burn as many calories as I could. Next time I am getting on the arc it doesn't put a strain my body as much as the treadmill. Probably going to he doc about my finger.
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, about cramps in your feet, it is loss of Ca and Mg for sure when you sweet you loose water, salts and microelements with them. When you cut your sodium you cut and some replenishment of them so you should get some food supplements for those or some sport drink with daily dose of Ca and Mg, because later on it can affect your hart.