Day 1

Options
jennileemarie
jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
Good luck everybody! This group came at the perfect time since this month I will be attending a wedding, a 50th anniversary party, and going to Orlando for 4 days (3 of which will be spent at the universal parks)! I need all the motivation in the world to keep me on track this month.

My personal goal is to lose 20 pounds between now and Agust 30, I am hoping this challenge group will help me start things off right. Can't wait to get rid of my flabby tummy and chunky thighs.

What are your goals for this month?

Replies

• Mom2my3girls
    Mom2my3girls Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You can totally do 20lbs by August! Just keep tracking :)

My goal is another 10-15 by mid July when we go to our lake house. That would put me down 25 to 30 so my swim suit should fit better. I am so excited to see what I can do this month!

Good Luck everyone!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just started using MyFitnessPal on Tuesday. My goal is to be down 20 pounds (to my wedding weight) by the end of July for our Oregon vacation. They really don't lie about that post-wedding weight gain. All that stress goes away and so does your control - you get very comfortable in your married life haha.

Good luck to everyone! I'm ready to kick start my weight loss journey with this challenge group!
  • Cryssy27
    Cryssy27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am super excited to join this group! This should keep me honest with myself and try to be more active! Good luck everyone!
  • plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you, this is perfect timing for me as well, jumped back on the bandwagon after gaining back everything I had lost in the past. Our family trip will be at the end of July, this will include amusement parks and water parks, so my goal is to lose 30 lbs by then. That will put my pretty close to where I was.
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    goal: workout EVERY day
  • laurelar
    laurelar Posts: 1
    Options
    I just joined last weekend, so this was perfect for me as well. My husband has lost 30 pounds since January using MFP so I finally got on board too. We are going to Hawaii at the end of the month.... so I will take any loss I can get by then! MY bigger goal is to lose 20-40 pounds by the end of the year to get myself in as good a place as possible for TTC next year.

MFP doesn't even think I can lose a pound a week on 1200 calories. :( But I've lost 2 so far. Edit: Don't know why the tracker isn't working.
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've also just joined MFP this week. Looks like there's lots of us newbies here! This looks like a great group to start with. Thanks for being so motivating!! I'll take any help I can get. My hope is to lose 20 pounds by the end of the Summer, but I'd like to lose a total of 35 pounds. Not for any special reason - just so I can be healthy and stop being such a hypocrite with my boys! It's hard to teach them about eating properly and exercising when I'm 50 pounds overweight myself.

Good luck to everyone. We can absolutely do this!
  • RTheHutt
    RTheHutt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Joined! Looking forward to staying on track, and trying to keep up with you all!
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Options
    So the nerd in me (OK, I'm pretty much all nerd) has been adding formulas to your awesome spreadsheet and challenge. I just added these formulas and I think it's awesome that we have already lost the weight equivalent to a NFL cornerback (a nerd that loves football)....

Capture.jpg
  • Mom2my3girls
    Options
    I just joined last weekend, so this was perfect for me as well. My husband has lost 30 pounds since January using MFP so I finally got on board too. We are going to Hawaii at the end of the month.... so I will take any loss I can get by then! MY bigger goal is to lose 20-40 pounds by the end of the year to get myself in as good a place as possible for TTC next year.

MFP doesn't even think I can lose a pound a week on 1200 calories. :( But I've lost 2 so far. Edit: Don't know why the tracker isn't working.

My tracker didn't update properly today either...maybe they are having an issue with it?
  • Mom2my3girls
    Options
    So the nerd in me (OK, I'm pretty much all nerd) has been adding formulas to your awesome spreadsheet and challenge. I just added these formulas and I think it's awesome that we have already lost the weight equivalent to a NFL cornerback (a nerd that loves football)....

Capture.jpg

Nerds are good! I would love a % loss column too!
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Options

Capture.jpg

Nerds are good! I would love a % loss column too!

Done!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just updated my weight. Trollivier lost 14.2 lbs? That's insane!
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    Wow, lose 14 lbs in one week,,,,WOW and HOW
  • jennileemarie
    jennileemarie Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Capture.jpg

Good additions! Thanks!
  • DanaLynnMN
    DanaLynnMN Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this group!!! And I'm a total spreadsheet lover, so this will be right up my alley!!!

I've been doing the 30 Day Shred (along with others in another group), but I'm on my last 10 days.
    I will be done with it by mid June, so this group will hopefully keep me motivated to go onto another workout routine.

Thank you all in advance for all the support you are going to give me.
    I will do all I can to repay you by supporting and motivating you.
  • mamaluvsuns
    mamaluvsuns Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad you started this I need all the motivation I can get!! Would love to have my bathing suit be too big & go out and buy a new one!!
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making this group! My goal this month is to lose 10 lbs and bring my blood pressure back down to *normal* Today was a great day!
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Soon to be Mother-of the-bride on October 26. I got my gown when I traveled to Asia before the Holidays of 2012 - BMI was 24.9 and size 6/8 (I am pear shape). Guess what the gown is now tight. When I joined MFP I was a size 12 and now I am a size down. I have one or 2 dress sizes left. I will be trying my gown June 1st to see how it fits.

I am not focusing so much on the pounds, but dress sizes. I also measure my body fat ratio or composition.

http://www.shape.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-strategies/help-why-does-my-workout-cause-weight-gain

Please read the article to understand why the weighing scale is not the only basis of being healthy.
  • Kate029
    Kate029 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm excited, have planned my menu for the week and my exercise, just need to remember to drink my 8 glasses of water and find my exercise mojo and get the motivation to get out of my trackies and go running in the cold cold weather :P