June Week 1 Mini Challenge

Options
luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Good Morning All,
Welcome to all the new members and great to see past members carrying on with their journey.

Monday Mini Challenge:
Food: Stay within your calorie limit and have a no refined sugar day (fruits and vegetables are ok)
Cardio: Do 125 jumping jacks. See how many you can do without stopping for the first set and then spread out the rest throughout the day.
Strength: Do 150 crunches (3 different kinds). Again see how many you can do in the first set and then spread out the rest throughtout the day.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today.

Tuesday Mini Challenge.
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you eat at least 3 vegetables and 2 fruits.
Cardio: Do 30 minutes brisk walk.
Strength: do 150 squats. The trick today is to see how many you can do in the first set and then spread the remainder throughout the day.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today.

Wednesday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you are eating enough protein to help repair the muscles damaged from exercise.
Cardio: Do an interval workout. 5 minute warm-up, 1 minute jog, 2 minute walk, X6, 5 minute cool-down
Strength: do 100 push-ups and again try to see how many you cab do in the first set and then spread the remainder throughout the day.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Thursday Mini Challenge
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure you are including lots of fibre in your diet. This will help you feel fuller and keep everything regular.
Cardio: Do 30 minutes brisk walk
Strength: do 10 sets of 10 side lunges with front arm raise. video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-3JnFrFUOw
Water: drink at least 64 ozs today

Friday Mini Challenge:
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make sure to keep your sodium intake below 2500. Try to avoid pre-packaged or prepared food.
Cardio/Strength: Do 30 minutes of aerobic activity. Try some knee lifts, butt kicks, jumping jacks, jogging, grapevines with some squats, arm raises, crunches, etc. Just keep moving.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food: stay within your calorie limit and make good snack choices
Cardio: 30 minute brisk walk
Strength: do some extra crunches, squats, pushups, or arm exercise on the part that needs more.
Water: drink at least 64 ozs

Sunday Mini Challenge
Enjoy a day off because you deserve it.
❤❤❤

Note: I am by no means a professional in diet or exercise and everything that I post here is from things I have read and tried on my own. Please do everything at your level and anything that a professional says to you will definitely supersede what I say. Please remember to stretch before and after exercise. If there are any suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask. If you would like to post everyday and let us know what and how your challenge went please feel free to do so.

Have a great week.

Keep Smiling, :smile: :laugh: :wink:
Donna

Replies

• MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Love this. Was just driving to work think of this challenge, and what I need to do this week (being a complete beginner to exercise). All these seem manageable and I can't wait to get started!

:smile:
  • dcjackson50
    dcjackson50 Posts: 196
    Options
    Great Goals to help us all be accountable and to stay on track,....THANKS !!

Feeling very motivated this beautiful & Sunny Monday Morning,....good luck to everyone ~!

Donna:smile:
  • mistyg07
    mistyg07 Posts: 29
    Options
    Love this cause it gives me an idea of stuff to do instead of just boring things. I can actually feel like I am doing something productive. Going to get started now. :smile:
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I love this. One is forces me to add to my routine. I do need to figure out what I can do in lieu of some of the exercises that I am not able to do any longer or what variations there are - (ie squats and lunges) - having an artifical hip has its challenges but its certainly better than what it used to be! :-)

To me its about pushing the boundries which is turn will push my fitness level. Thank you!!!
  • jessvaughn74
    jessvaughn74 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Monday challenge complete :)

Thank you Donna! These mini challenges are great motivators!!
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,270 Member
    Options
    Monday Mini Challenge:
    Food: Stay within your calorie limit and have a no refined sugar day (fruits and vegetables are ok) DONE!!
    Cardio: Do 125 jumping jacks. DONE!
    Strength: Do 150 crunches (3 different kinds). DONE in three sets of 50. 50 standing oblique twists w/4 pound medicine ball, 50 regular crunches, 50 reverse crunches.
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs today. DONE!!

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

Chris
  • cpanus
    Options
    I drive to and from work in heavy commute traffic five days a week. I've done it for 11 years. Some days really suck. Today, I hear a horrific sound coming from outside. I was sure it was the hot rod in the lane to my right. I lowered my passenger window. No...the sound was behind me...I look around...everything seems normal. I don't see anything that would make that kind of noise. Then I look down at my dash and my "low tire" light is flashing red at me! I have to get over...I have to get to the shoulder...the noise is so loud! The hot rod lets me in with a nod from the driver...the far right lane is a merge lane and then the shoulder...there's a big fat truck in my way! omg! the only time I can't speed up to over-take and jump in front of a lumbering semi has to be now!! The seconds it takes the truck to pull ahead of me are each a lifetime. Suddenly, the horrific sound stops, but things are not right...the automobile gods are laughing their *kitten* off because they know two things about me...one - I know where to put the key to start the car...and two -- I know how to put gas in the tank to keep the car running. That's it..One --Two. I make it to the shoulder and shut off the car. I am fairly safe. There are a lot of cars, but they are going slow, trying to merge. I have room, but I climb over to the passenger side anyway. I push the door open and the fierce wind pushes it shut. I try again, this time holding it open until I climb out and then let it go...nothing...it stays open. I can hear the laughter...I push it shut then walk to the front of the car...everything is fine. I walk to the back of the car...passenger side is fine, the driver's side rear tire is flat as flat can be. I climb back in the passenger seat and call my SO...I tell him what and where. He is only blocks from home...I am a very long way from home. "Call the auto club," he instructs, and tells me he's on his way. I don't know if I need him there or not, but feel better knowing he is on his way to rescue me. (The last time they left me alone in charge of car repair, the mechanics had convinced me I needed a new engine.) The auto club arrives in record time, changes my tire -- the whole time with his back to traffic and all the dangers that holds -- tells me he likes the color of my hoody, puts the dead tire in the tire hold in the trunk and climbs back in his truck to leave just as my SO pulls up. My SO follows me to the tire shop and stays until my new tire is mounted and I am ready to leave.

I am exhausted and needless to say...I did NOTHING in the way of exercising, challenges, walking or biking. I am off half of tomorrow, Thursday, Friday and all of next week. I plan to make up today before the end of this week.

I hope you avoid all the bolts in the roadway and have a great Wednesday!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Wednesday's challenge DONE!! Well, still working on the water...always working on the water. I managed Slim in 6 and JM's Body Revolution and some smaller challenges. It was a good day!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Thursday is my REST DAY, I wasn't going to take it because of Tuesday but ended up needing to.

Friday's challenge DONE! Even the water!!!!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Saturday Mini Challenge
    Food: stay within your calorie limit and make good snack choices DONE!
    Cardio: 30 minute brisk walk -- 3.68 MILES in 55 MINS.
    Strength: do some extra crunches, squats, pushups, or arm exercise on the part that needs more. -- DID THEM ALLl!!!
    Water: drink at least 64 ozs. -- DONE!!!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Sunday Mini Challenge
    Enjoy a day off because you deserve it.

COMPLETED IN PERFECT FORM!!!!!!