Gloves

Options
So I've heard differing opinions on wearing gloves at TM. As an experiment, my wife and I wore the Gorilla Grip gloves from Home Depot. We cut the tips of the fingers off of them so that water could drain out of them. They are designed for use in wet conditions like changing oil. They are pretty thin but sturdy enough for a mud run.

They worked wonderfully. There were several obstacles where we moved right along because we had a good grip on a wall or rope while others struggled. They are only $5 so we just tossed them after the race and will buy a new pair for TM. The mediums were a bit big on her but after cutting out the finger tips they fit fine.

We definitely recommend the Gorilla Grip gloves.

Replies

• Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Good tip, thanks!

Not sure we get those brand in the UK but will look for something similar.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Good tip, thanks!

Not sure we get those brand in the UK but will look for something similar.

For us in the UK these might be useful:
    http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/111072012561?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=63&ff19=0
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Fantastic tip indeed. Thanks!! I'll be looking for these :)
  • kels1152
    kels1152 Posts: 74
    Options
    I also will be looking into those! Last year I wore youth football gloves and they worked but once they got wet, it kind of ruined the grippy stuff on it, haha. Off to home depot I go!!! :)
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options
    I also will be looking into those! Last year I wore youth football gloves and they worked but once they got wet, it kind of ruined the grippy stuff on it, haha. Off to home depot I go!!! :)

I think the gorilla grip gloves actually got more "grip-y" when they got wet.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I have freakishly small hands... I wonder if those will fit me. I shall investigste
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! I was starting to wonder about that for the TM I'm doing (in August). I'll definitely check those out.. I also like the price :)
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check these out. Almost every person I saw in my previous 2 TM's that wore gloves failed at the funky monkey and rings though. I succeeded at both while not wearing gloves BUT my hands got pretty cut up in the end so worth at least checking out and chucking if I decide I don't like them! Thanks!