Check-ins 6/2 - 6/8

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
It'll be easier for you guys to organize daily checkin-ins in a weekly thread I think. Here ya go! I'm excited to be able to participate starting next week. Woot!!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RoseTears143
    Options
    Please use the weekly threads I will be creating for daily check-ins so we don't clog up the group with a ton of threads for each day. :wink:
  • amshumaker88
    amshumaker88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This morning I went in to have my tooth fixed. I broke one of my molars a few weeks back because when I had a root canal done 3 years ago they were supposed to crown it and didn't. Well fast forward and when I took my vitamin several weeks ago it broke in half. They put a temporary in it until today when they could fix it. Well in the process my mouth/jaw is all bruised and it has affected my sinuses tonight. So I decided to make today a rest day, and double up my HIIT and Combat 45 workouts tomorrow.
  • Dharmafor1
    Dharmafor1 Posts: 32
    Options
    Day one completed!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    This morning I went in to have my tooth fixed. I broke one of my molars a few weeks back because when I had a root canal done 3 years ago they were supposed to crown it and didn't. Well fast forward and when I took my vitamin several weeks ago it broke in half. They put a temporary in it until today when they could fix it. Well in the process my mouth/jaw is all bruised and it has affected my sinuses tonight. So I decided to make today a rest day, and double up my HIIT and Combat 45 workouts tomorrow.

OMG :( I hope it heals up nicely. Sounds rough
  • 20kb13
    20kb13 Posts: 161
    Options
    Today was Day 4- Combat 60 Cardio Fighter (so far this is my absolute favorite of them all). There are a couple of the combinations it takes me awhile to learn them and get them right, but I'm actually starting to do some jump kicks now.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Today was Day 4- Combat 60 Cardio Fighter (so far this is my absolute favorite of them all). There are a couple of the combinations it takes me awhile to learn them and get them right, but I'm actually starting to do some jump kicks now.

I knew you'd get there quickly!! YAY!! :drinker:
  • Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options

Good for you! Before you know it a week will pass!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Well since I had taken the night off on Monday I went ahead and did my Tuesday workout Combat 60 Cardio Fighter, and will do doubles tonight with Kick Start 30 and Kata 45. Yesterday was my day 30! I am half way there!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Well since I had taken the night off on Monday I went ahead and did my Tuesday workout Combat 60 Cardio Fighter, and will do doubles tonight with Kick Start 30 and Kata 45. Yesterday was my day 30! I am half way there!

It's flying by for you!! Have you taken day 1 and day 30 photos? I'd love to see them posted in the Progress thread. I bet you feel amazing.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I started on Monday (6/3) and today was Combat 30 + Core Attack. That Core workout is TOUGH! The kicks are tricky, but I did better today than on Monday.

I had gained a few pounds over the past couple of months so I've reset my calories to 1200 here on MFP and am eating back my exercise calories. I wear a HRM and burn about 200 calories in the 30 minute workouts (Combat 30 and HIIT 1) and 75 for the shoter add-ons (Warrior Stretch and Core Attack). I've been crabby the past couple of days with the low calorie count...but the scale is moving so I'll deal with it.

Is anyone else wearing a HRM? What are your burns?

Michelle
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Hi All! I started on Monday (6/3) and today was Combat 30 + Core Attack. That Core workout is TOUGH! The kicks are tricky, but I did better today than on Monday.

I had gained a few pounds over the past couple of months so I've reset my calories to 1200 here on MFP and am eating back my exercise calories. I wear a HRM and burn about 200 calories in the 30 minute workouts (Combat 30 and HIIT 1) and 75 for the shoter add-ons (Warrior Stretch and Core Attack). I've been crabby the past couple of days with the low calorie count...but the scale is moving so I'll deal with it.

Michelle

The gain could be water weight. When I started the 2nd phase of Insanity I was incredibly sore and I "gained" a little weight for a few days but due to the soreness I had I knew my muscles were retaining a ton of water. It all came right off as the soreness went away. I wouldn't freak out and decrease your calories for a temporary gain right off the bat. If you were losing at what you were eating and the only thing that changed is starting LMC - I'm willing to bet you didn't actually gain weight.

As for a HRM, I don't have one right now. I have the BodyMedia LINK armband that tracks my calories burned. I might get the new one that is coming out this fall that will have an optional HRM band as well which would be cool to see if it changes my burn. :)
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options

Michelle

I do wear a heart rate monitro and my burns on combat for a 3 minute workout is usually 250 or more...There are a lot of factors that go into it though.....You can check my diary...it shows my my burn...tonight I am doing doubles, so it will be a little different.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    Last night I was going to do doubles, I made it through Kick Start 30 and about 20 minutes of Kata 45 and I was done! Tonight is my rest night and I will probably do the Kata 45 workout to stay on track! With Kick Start 30 I burned 253 Calories and with what I did on teh Kata 45 I burned an additional 207 calories. I also threw in an additional 70 squats for good measure! Hope everyone else is having a great Combat journey!
  • Miche11e5
    Options

Michelle

The gain could be water weight. When I started the 2nd phase of Insanity I was incredibly sore and I "gained" a little weight for a few days but due to the soreness I had I knew my muscles were retaining a ton of water. It all came right off as the soreness went away. I wouldn't freak out and decrease your calories for a temporary gain right off the bat. If you were losing at what you were eating and the only thing that changed is starting LMC - I'm willing to bet you didn't actually gain weight.

As for a HRM, I don't have one right now. I have the BodyMedia LINK armband that tracks my calories burned. I might get the new one that is coming out this fall that will have an optional HRM band as well which would be cool to see if it changes my burn. :)

Thanks for your reply! The weight came on over time, before I started LMC, mainly because I haven't been eating the best, and drinking too many adult beverages. I'm using this new beginning as a way to shed those pounds! I have decided that MFP's suggested 1200 is too low for me though, so I'm taking it up to 1400.
  • Miche11e5
    Options
    Last night I was going to do doubles, I made it through Kick Start 30 and about 20 minutes of Kata 45 and I was done! Tonight is my rest night and I will probably do the Kata 45 workout to stay on track! With Kick Start 30 I burned 253 Calories and with what I did on teh Kata 45 I burned an additional 207 calories. I also threw in an additional 70 squats for good measure! Hope everyone else is having a great Combat journey!

Today was my first time doing Shock Plyo HIIT 2 - WOW! My burn was 275 for that less-than 30-minute workout! I'm interested to see what it will be next time when I am more familiar and get more of the moves in! Followed that up with the Warrior Stretch as the schedule suggests, for a total burn of 350 today. Tomorrow I do Kata 45 for the first time and Saturday Warrior 2-Lower Body Lean Out. So far, I'm liking this program!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options

Michelle

Thanks for your reply! The weight came on over time, before I started LMC, mainly because I haven't been eating the best, and drinking too many adult beverages. I'm using this new beginning as a way to shed those pounds! I have decided that MFP's suggested 1200 is too low for me though, so I'm taking it up to 1400.
    I personally have mine set to 1700 calories and that works for me. You may find that by bumping it up you might drop a few. I lost 6 lbs in a month when I bumped mine up.
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options

Today was my first time doing Shock Plyo HIIT 2 - WOW! My burn was 275 for that less-than 30-minute workout! I'm interested to see what it will be next time when I am more familiar and get more of the moves in! Followed that up with the Warrior Stretch as the schedule suggests, for a total burn of 350 today. Tomorrow I do Kata 45 for the first time and Saturday Warrior 2-Lower Body Lean Out. So far, I'm liking this program!
    The more you do it the easier it gets......and the harder you can push yourself.
  • amshumaker88
    amshumaker88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do wear a HRM when I workout. Usually burning 300 for Combat30 KS. That's usually the least I burn unless I have an off day when it comes to working out....

Today is my rest day and I am taking it. I am extremely tired and one of my little girls isn't feeling too well.....back at it tomorrow!
  • Run4Me2Day
    Options
    I do wear a HRM when I workout. Usually burning 300 for Combat30 KS. That's usually the least I burn unless I have an off day when it comes to working out....

Today is my rest day and I am taking it. I am extremely tired and one of my little girls isn't feeling too well.....back at it tomorrow!

I am with you! Was going to workout, but decided to take my rest day also...Did get a little in, but listening to my body. Tomorrow is a new Day!
  • breakawaygurl
    breakawaygurl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and did HIIT Plyo and Inner Warrior. Though I only had a few hours of sleep last night so I didn't do my all during the workout. At least I did it though. :happy: