Let's get (re)motivated

Options
Clemmi17
Clemmi17 Posts: 50 Member
Hello everyone. I don't know about all of you but I'm feeling the need to get motivated once more. It all started off brilliantly but with me, I can feel one or two bad habits starting to creep back in. I have lost 6.8 kg so far, which I'm happy about but I still have a long way to go. This week, I pulled a muscle in my back so haven't been able to do my normal exercise and i have eaten one or two things completely off my plan such as 6 chocolate and caramel biscuits, 2 bags of crisps and 2 glasses of wine! Miraculously, I haven't put any weight back on but I need to really focus and get back on track. So this is what I did. Yesterday, I tried on all my summer clothes and found quite a few items which nearly fit. I reckon if I lose another 3kg, I'll have 2 'new' pairs of linen trousers, 2 nice shirts, a dress and a skirt which I haven't worn for about 4 years. Since then, I've weighed all my food and have stuck exactly to the plan. I've also done a lot of walking. What are all of you doing to stay motivated?

Replies

• Clemmi17
    Options
    Is anybody there?

I'm surprised how quiet it's become on the 12 week challenge. I hope I'm not the only person still aiming for a big improvement at the end of 12 weeks. If you're still up for the challenge, please respond or I'll feel like a 'Billy no mates'.

Incidently, one week into the challenge, I switched to the 5:2 fast diet plan which is AMAZING. I am losing loads of weight and have very high energy levels.
  • bits4226
    bits4226 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I must agree with you that it seems like the initially excitement about the group has fallen and all the help seems to have gone out of the window. I am a bit disappointed about it and fell off the band wagon seriously for the past few weeks. I did my 5k in 32 minutes and is motivating myself by trying to sign up for at least one race per month.... I hope everyone (including mike) comes back.... sad how things ended up
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Weren't we due for a weigh in this week? Not that I wanted to mind you because I lost 2lbs then found 3.. :sad: But I did lose another inch of my waist...so it wasn't a total loss...I just need to be more strict and stop eating the JF. I have a bad habit of sabotaging myself after a 1 week 2lb drop....I have "GOT" to stop this.

Good news, I'm back running and only off my pre injury pace by 15 seconds/mile...and I'm only on week 2 back running.
  • chaunasmith
    chaunasmith Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm still here. My weight has stayed the same since the challenge but I'm in a plateau right now unfortunately. I'm re-energized to do better though. Ate way less carbs today and more protein. Stepped up my exercise too. I'm here for motivation and support if y'all need some :) Mike hasn't been heard from either?? Strange.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When is are next weigh in? I have been going to the gym 5-6 days a week with friends to try to stay motivated.
  • bits4226
    Options
    good to know some of us are still trying.. I've increased my running but haven't been strict on my food diary and logging... I haven't gain weight and i've signed up for two additional races so far... Keep on going guys
  • jwpe
    jwpe Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am still here! I had a weigh in last Friday and was down to 151.5. Missed my 10 week goal (from another challenge) by 1.5 pounds but was happy with it still :)
  • phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm still here!!!! I saw that we were supposed to weigh in again about 2 weeks ago, but I didn't know where to go. I've lost 7 pounds and am still plenty motivated. Let's keep it going.
  • Clemmi17
    Options
    I'm so happy that there are still quite a few of us around and we're all determined to make this challenge happen. Well done to all of us who are sticking to it and to those of us who have fallen off the bandwagon and are now back on it :)

I did put 4lb on when I went on holiday for a week (south of France, cheese, red wine!) but since I got back I've been working hard to get rid of it and then more. I do not want to be the fat, sweaty, embarassed person on the beach this summer so even though I won't be properly slim by this summer I will be a whole lot better.

We can all help each other keep motivated by posting on here. Let's do this!
  • Clemmi17
    Options
    I just had an idea. As the rest of the challenge posts have been inactive for a while, why don't we post our progress on here? I think we all started at different times so we could put our start date on too. How about every Friday, starting tomorrow?
    I will if you will.
  • ksmiley412
    Options
    Sounds good to me I will post my progress tomorrow on this page.
  • Clemmi17
    Options
    171 cm tall
    Start date 13th March 2013
    Starting weight 93.8 kg
    Today’s weight 87.3kg (9 weeks 2 days from start)
    12 week target 87kg
    Goal weight 73kg

So, 0.3kg away from my 12 week target despite gaining whilst away on holiday. I’ve lost 6.5kg in total but feel and look quite a lot slimmer. I do lots of slow-burn cardio such as walking and gardening (sometimes up to 4 hours). My target over the next 3 weeks is to get out on my bike and do some hills.

Please post on here with your progress and what you plan to do to push it further in the remaining time of the 12 week challenge.
    Keep going 12 week challenge TEAM- Together Everyone Achieves More!
  • ksmiley412
    Options
    SW 158
    GW 135
    UGW 125
    CW 144

Loss 14 lbs
  • Clemmi17
    Options
    Well done ksmiley :)

I'm disappointed that for a lot of people, this challenge seems to have finished. I will continue.
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    5'2" 30 yr old
    SW:204 lbs
    CW:190.8 lbs (for now)
    Almost 14 lbs lost
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Great to see some highly motivated people on here. After the first weigh in when we had about 15% of the people weighed in I was discouraged. I personally have been fluctuating between 213-220 lbs. I'm trying to figure out where I am going wrong myself. I'm still willing to help I've been crazy busy with my business in PA I hope I will be more active.
  • Clemmi17
    Options
    Nice weightloss jsykesgirl :)

How is the food plan going and what are you doing for exercise? I'm still trying to lose back the weight I put on over the holiday but as I've been very good with exercise and food over the last 4 days i reckon I could be there when I weigh in tomorrow. Well i hope so anyway.

I'm in this for the long haul but a short term 12 week challenge has been a good start.

Is anyone else going to be brave and tell us their weight change? At the end of the challenge I will record my measurements to compare with the 'before' and hope to see a difference. My pyjama trousers fell down the other day but maybe the it's just the elastic getting old.

Please keep using this thread, if your still on the challenge. And, nice to see you back, Mike.

Remember, as I said before, Together, Everyone Achieves More.:happy:
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I'm bummed because I have been so busy with travel, company, and graduation...that exercise took a back burner. Also, I seem to be in a holding pattern. I am gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I'm hoping to hop back on tomorrow. Good news is that I have some new ideas to try out at the gym.
  • bits4226
    Options
    hi guys just checking in that I am still here... Since getting the blackberry z10 which didnt have endomondo i was bummed out and didnt log anything. I have another race this saturday and trying to keep on keeping on!! keep it up guys
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Height: 5'6
    SW: 185 lbs.
    GW: 135 lbs.

12 week challenge:
    March 16 --- 167 lbs.
    April 13 --- 162 lbs.
    May 13 --- 155 lbs.

Down 12 lbs in the first 8 weeks!!

June 13 GW --- 150lbs.