FromHereOnOut
FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpTOqHJFFPkPu0QMW1OmpLyTSSQI9dkTctm8gKsm2NWPBG286q

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    Options
    Hello and Happy Hump Day!

I'm reading so many of y'all are sooo close to goal! Yay! I wish I could say the same. I'm still just so squishy. ugh. BUT, I'm much better than I was when I started. Some of my workout clothes are falling off of me, I look and feel like a different person, and I can do things now that I couldn't dream of doing before. The squishiness will be gone eventually, but I have allll of these improvements in my life until then! :)

Today I did the same body weight exercises as Monday. As sore as they made me, they must be good for me. I also have the same strange schedule as Monday (have to go here to there to there and back), so getting a run or walk might be tricky. I'm hoping my husband can cooperate like Monday, so I can get it done. Which reminds me: I've long held that trains should have stationary bikes on them for people who want to get a little workout done during their commute. Am I right? :happy:
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning, the sun is out....that makes me happy! I will run today at some point this morning. Yesterday I did 6K..or was it 5K...I can't even remember. Busy day yesterday - had to go and pick up a tux for my youngest (prom) and the pants were too short so they have to rush us another pair. Prom is on Saturday.

Lately my runs have been hard, I think its this cold I have. It is better than it was but still there.

Pam - I did get in my flowerbed ! Not done yet though, it rained the next day so I haven't been out there since.

Happy Wednesday!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    That would be great if trains had that.

I actually have a box of those heat patches, have to find.

I will be fine, my back is strong stress causes it.

Going for a walk before work. Have bookclub after work.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Happy National Running Day friends! Today I plan to... RUN! Have a great Wednesday! <3
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Happy National Running Day friends! Today I plan to... RUN! Have a great Wednesday! <3

Well, now I just feel obligated to get out and run this evening after it cools some! :laugh:

I forgot to mention yesterday that I did 3 sets of hip thrusts for a total of 100 throughout the day. I'm trying to get a nice, firm booty. :wink:

Today, I completed JM 30DS L2. Whew. It's much warmer this time of year than when I did it in January. Talk about sweaty. I feel good getting it done though! :happy:
  • FromHereOnOut
    Options

Today, I completed JM 30DS L2. Whew. It's much warmer this time of year than when I did it in January. Talk about sweaty. I feel good getting it done though! :happy:

Yep, I feel long overdue another stint with Jillian, but it's just gonna be too hot until about Sep/Oct here. I guess vids will be my Fall/Winter program and I'm gonna hafta man up and not slack off doing my own stuff until then.

This afternoon, I ran 2 miles. I notice my stomach starts to ache a little, like hunger, after about a mile and it always distracts me. I don't know what causes it, perhaps thirst (or hunger, duh?). It seems 2miles is my limit lately for daily runs. I'd like to run 3miles every single day, but IDK, maybe that's unrealistic (for me). Definitely 2mi is better than nothing! And I can always just calibrate my exertion based on speed I guess.

Great day friends! Keep it up!
  • JulesX1982
    JulesX1982 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    It is cloudy outside but I got my running shoes on and ran a total of 9.40 miles in 1:34:03 minutes. I got leg cramps halfway through the run I think it was lactic acid build up and had to stop and rub my legs for the rest of my run my legs were good! Hope everyone has a great day! Going to a friends for a BBQ tonight I am bringing the salad! ????
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone...
    It is partly sunny and a hot 93 degrees in central Texas today. Glad that my scheduled workout for today was indoors. Completed the last day of CLX Burn Circuit 2 this morning and even my fingers were shaking clumsily while updating my logs. Tough tough tough is the only way to describe how it felt to me getting through this session. Last Wednesday I was out of town and only had 10 pound dumbbell sets to use for this session. Today I used the following sets: 10, 12.5, 15, 16.25, 20 pounds. I did all the triple-threat push-ups from my knees.

Julie - you leave some dust behind with those runs that you are doing! Sorry you suffered leg cramps and do you know that I got one while asleep in the bed last night??:laugh: It must have been a side effect from my interval type walk on yesterday. Enjoy the BBQ gathering tonight and YOUR salad.:smile:

Sherry - those stomach aches during your run is a common occurrence for runners from what I've read.

"Stomach cramps: Again, incorrect breathing can play a role, Galloway says. But so can what you've eaten or drank before the workout. "If you have put too much fluid or food in your stomach, you can't get a large breath," Galloway says. If your levels of sodium, potassium, and calcium are off kilter, it could contribute to stomach cramps, too, McCall says."

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/how-to-stop-runners-cramps

Sam - I just noticed on your siggie banner that you are at goal with your weight....WTG!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: Enjoy that run celebrating National Run Day!!

Liz - you too enjoy celebrating today with a run and good for you getting the 30DS workout completed!

Marla - enjoy the book club...what are you all discussing? Start feeling better in the back soon, too!
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Today was C25K W6D3. 5 minute warmup walk 22 minute jog 5 minute cooldown. I also did some light yoga to stretch. Oh and my best friend had a beautiful little boy (That's a workout..right?!)! <3
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My computer I and phone is trip pin...I walked with mom 70squats and 40sec plank..

Till tomorrow