Thai Food

Options
Hello friends! A girlfriend is coming to town for a girls night in this Friday. Against my suggestions/offerings to cook/bring dinner over, the ladies are wanting to go to a Thai restaurant. I know I could always decline the dinner and meet up afterwards, or order a salad… my question is: What do you folks order when at a Thai restaurant? The bulk of my favorites are out (Pad Se Ew, Pad Thai, etc.) but I also like Green Chicken Curry, etc. Thoughts? Recommendations?

Thanks!

Replies

• fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Sorry I can't help you, but I'm curious to see any responses!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I'd just go with a meat/veggie curry and skip the rice. Last time I went I got a mango shrimp dish. So good!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd order a double order of curry chicken with no rice or noodles. Some Thai places carry vegetable sides (although I'm drawing a blank on what they're called). Does the place have an online menu?
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I tend to order a meat and vegetable curry or just cheat with some rice noodles. One meal is not make or break.
  • nynvilva
    nynvilva Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, guys! The menu is http://tarathaifallschurch.com/image/menu_tarathaifallschurch.pdf

I am leaning towards Green Curry Chicken sans rice. Maybe add brocolli or something like that? I don't know if I could eat two (lol, I guess it depends on how hungry I am that day!).
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    the curries are good, lots of fat from the coconut milk.

but damn if i'm going to a thai restaurant i am eating whatever i want (sticky coconut rice and mango!)...i am salivating as i type this.

i LOVE thai food.
  • Eat2Live2Run
    Eat2Live2Run Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The things I see that I think you could probably work with are: Hoi Obb (mussels), Larb Gai (chicken), Moo Yang (pork skewers), Siamese Beef entree (OMG, sounds yum!), Deep Sea ... ok ... I'm stopping there, I'm getting way too hungry. LOL

Anyway, looks like there are tons of things you can work with. Just order extra veggies and no rice.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Exactly I go for the curry chicken. Sometimes they have great salmon too (although it has a sugar glaze on it).
    Tumeric is your friend and there is probably plenty in the curries. Think of that as your bonus.
  • nynvilva
    nynvilva Posts: 54
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I am getting really excited for tomorrow night's dinner!! :):)