Done my research...I'm jumping in!

Options
Ladyshaf
Ladyshaf Posts: 7 Member
I have tried every diet out there and have failed. I have done the research on Medifast and I am impressed by what I have found. I am going to give myself a goal of 3 months to see how I do. Any thoughts? Feel free to "friend" me. I need all the help I can get and I will help you if I can! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dugrn
    dugrn Posts: 47
    Options
    Do the plan by the book for at least 1 month. Do not game the system The first 3 days are hard.

Get a food scale and weigh everything in your L&G!!!

Like most everybody..myself included... no diet has worked long term because we only changed to get the weight off than reverted back to bad habits. Medifast and for that matter any diet requires a change in more than just what you put in your mouth. If you didn't buy Dr. A's book I highly recommend it. My mind is in the right place for success for the first time ever because of this book. Success for me will be assessed by whether I have kept the weight off for 1 year after goal. 85% of us "dieter" (regardless of program) will gain all the weight back. I throw this stat on the table not to discourage but to emphasize the importance of understanding that a person has to change the way they think about food not just cut calories for a period of time and learn nothing.
  • MCLA4mom
    MCLA4mom Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Go for it! It's a great program. If you think of it as a program, you will be able to keep your weight off and it will stay off. If you look at it as a diet, it won't work out well in the end. The Medifast food is a wonder tool to get weight off. It takes the burden and stress of weight loss out of the equation so that you can relax and do the internal work to see what part you played in getting to an unhealthy weight.
  • Ladyshaf
    Options
    Third day done and I think I am doing well. Hopefully I can make it through my first weekend and stay on track. I have my resolve! :glasses:
  • tpcooper
    tpcooper Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Stay strong this weekend! The longer I go staying on program, the easier it gets.
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 and feeling great. How are you doing? I'm going to send you a friend request.
  • MCLA4mom
    Options
    If your not feeling so great hang in there. Its common to feel kinda lethargic on day three and four. BUT hten you turn a corner and when your in fat burn you feel great! Also, Powerade Zero is your friend. Its an electrolyte drink without sugar or carbs. It often makes clients feel better in those first few days.
  • MCLA4mom
    Options
    If your not feeling so great hang in there. Its common to feel kinda lethargic on day three and four. BUT hten you turn a corner and when your in fat burn you feel great! Also, Powerade Zero is your friend. Its an electrolyte drink without sugar or carbs. It often makes clients feel better in those first few days.
  • Ladyshaf
    Options
    Hey there! I'm at my one-week mark and am down 4.2 (5 as of yesterday before I ate rotisserie chicken with too much sodium)! :)
    How are you holding up?
  • MCLA4mom
    Options
    How are you feeling? Better?