Progress (lower Cals or Maintain)

Options

Replies

• tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I mentioned I sometimes eat breakfast on workout days, not sur eif this makes any difference to the advice you will give
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thanks - sorry for the delay in the follow up - I will hopefully be able to respond better shortly.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Just to confirm - you have lost 1lb a week on the current intake you are on?
  • tempest501
    Options

I did over those 2 weeks period but this week my weight has stayed the same.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I did over those 2 weeks period but this week my weight has stayed the same.

Thanks. I will be chatting to SideSteel in the next day or two about the threads so we will get back to you with input after that.
  • tempest501
    Options
    Thank you i really appreciate the help. So much info and disinfo when you google its nice to have somewhere to try get on the right path.
  • tempest501
    Options
    Bump
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Hi! We are going to attempt a big catch up today, so hopefully will be responding shortly. Thank you for your patience.
  • tempest501
    Options
    I thought I would add a couple of pic that i took last friday incase that helps with the advice:

dsc0088ij.jpgdsc0087kx.jpg

Sorry i uploaded images too small trying to fix it now. Ok i think its ok now.
  • tempest501
    Options
    Small update, weighed in this week and weight has stayed the same (so has been same for 2 weeks now). My body confuses me it really does lol. Really not sure what to do i.e cut downs more, move to maint or even if i should move to maint and then a lil more to try put some mass on so I can start seeing some results.

P.S Is bmi releavant to me as saw Doc for general check and he said I was in perfect health aprt from my weight putting me in the overweight category, I was like wtf I dont think I am overweight lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    We should be chatting to today - as I mentioned on another thread, the last few times we chatted I have had to deal with SIdeSteel getting all emo about losing his abs when he decided to eat all the foodz while on vacation. It is a bit hard to chat with a grown man sobbing into his frozen berries - very sad, very sad indeed.

Don't worry about the BMI - it has me as overweight also. It really depends on how much muscle mass you have as to whether it will be 'reasonable' or not..
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    We should be chatting to today - as I mentioned on another thread, the last few times we chatted I have had to deal with SIdeSteel getting all emo about losing his abs when he decided to eat all the foodz while on vacation. It is a bit hard to chat with a grown man sobbing into his frozen berries - very sad, very sad indeed.

Don't worry about the BMI - it has me as overweight also. It really depends on how much muscle mass you have as to whether it will be 'reasonable' or not..

LOL
  • SideSteel
    Options
    Sorry if you've already covered this but what is your total activity for the week?

Please just tell me:

1) Number of training days/week (approx duration)
    2) Any additional cardio?
    3) How active outside of gym?

Your average intake over the past week was 2124 according to what I'm pulling for data. There's room to either cut this back by a bit or possibly increase activity to increase your energy deficit.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    I have had to deal with SIdeSteel getting all emo about losing his abs when he decided to eat all the foodz while on vacation. It is a bit hard to chat with a grown man sobbing into his frozen berries - very sad, very sad indeed.

Seriously Sara can you help me cut?

muh4ig.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I have had to deal with SIdeSteel getting all emo about losing his abs when he decided to eat all the foodz while on vacation. It is a bit hard to chat with a grown man sobbing into his frozen berries - very sad, very sad indeed.

muh4ig.jpg

I think you should try going paleo.

Also, you should try carb cycling with keto and IF to regulate leptin /end thread
  • SideSteel
    Options

muh4ig.jpg

I think you should try going paleo.

Also, you should try carb cycling with keto and IF to regulate leptin /end thread

98tz6q.jpg
  • tempest501
    Options
    1) Number of training days/week (approx duration) 3 Days a week 45min- 60min str trainings.
    2) Any additional cardio? 20-30 mins Cardio each gym session , I aim for about 300-400 cals on treadmill
    3) How active outside of gym? This depends on the weather really, I love wandering about in so if its sunny I will go for walks etc. If the weather is not very nice my excercise stays in the gym mostly.

So you think it would be best for me to go back to diet cals? I could prob do this now as this time at 1800 has let me regains my sanity. The thing I am struggling with I think is I never started this to look like your average Jo and starting to get frustrated with not seeing myself become more muscular/bigger which I know is pretty hard if you not eating in a surplus.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    If I were in your position I would reduce cals by about 10% and see what pace you lose at over the next 3-4 weeks. Re-assess every 4 weeks or so and eventually bring cals up and bulk.
  • tempest501
    Options
    So try 1680 cals + excercise cals? (have been doing 1800 + excercise at the moment)

Also I wanted to ask if yuo guys have heard of endamundo. I have been using it to track walks and used to put in str training one day but I noticed it gave quite a lot more burned cals than MFP so not sure which is best to use. I have been using MFp so far to be on the safe side.
  • SideSteel
    Options
    The alternative to doing that would be to just set your intake to about 1900 flat, no exercise calories, and monitor results over the next two weeks and adjust accordingly. The potential issue being (as you mention above)- if your exercise expenditure is over-stated it can cause you to over consume on those days.

Either way though, I'd reduce.

Your previous week, assuming everything was logged and tracked meticulously, shows about 2100 and change for average intake.
This discussion has been closed.