Atkins style keto diet

Options
Hi! Any one have any experience with Atkins or keyogenic eating/diet? Or opinions? Lets hear them!

Replies

• Merrylass4ever
    Merrylass4ever Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have done Atkins twice, South Beach, and the Dukan Diet (all variations on the low carb diet). IF you follow the diets, yes you can lose weight and in many cases, lose lots of weight quickly BUT (you knew there was a "but"), the diets are not fun and I think they set you up to do "yo yo" dieting. Although I was successful in losing the weight, it seemed the minute I started to add carbs back into my diet (and I followed the diets carefully), my weight zoomed right back up really fast.

Oddly when I first did Atkins (many years ago), I didn't have much weight to lose but I believe it contributed to messing up my metabolism.

Do a lot of reading and make sure you understand the potential downsides -- you may want take a more moderate approach by lowering your carb intake without going through the induction period.
  • karolinasychta
    karolinasychta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recoment them. I They're good for a fast weight loss but the weight comes back no matter how hard you try to follow the maintaining stage, I lost 3st on dukan diet 3 years ago but the yoyo efect was horrible. They're bd for your kidneys too. I tried to start the diet out of desperation but it's hard to do it the second, third time cause of the foods you eat. You're just fed up with eating the same thing over and over xx
  • jakesgirl05
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I really appreciate your replies!! I think I will stick to my own version of low carb.
    I get skeptical when it comes to super high fat stuff like "bullet proof coffee". It seems to work for a lot of people BUT I just can't get my head around it. It seems like your body will grab ahold of every carb it can if you try to eat even whole sprouted grains. I don't want that. I would like to reach my goal weight and then begin adding certain whole foods in. I want to maintain my goal weight after all the hard work! You guys are awesome!!