Progress (lower Cals or Maintain)

Options
13»

Replies

• tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have been really good logging now not sure why average is so high as I normally only do 1800 + excercise.

I have adjusted my cals as you recommended and I think I might stop logging any excercise that is not on a gym day or log it it but wont eat it back.

I will keep it up until I go on weeks hols then review it then and possibly seek your advice. Thanks for the help , I think I am mentally prepared to diet at this level again now was nice to have a break though and sit at 1800 for a while. I think I just got so frustrated and worried about metabolism slowing down.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I have been really good logging now not sure why average is so high as I normally only do 1800 + excercise.

I have adjusted my cals as you recommended and I think I might stop logging any excercise that is not on a gym day or log it it but wont eat it back.

I will keep it up until I go on weeks hols then review it then and possibly seek your advice. Thanks for the help , I think I am mentally prepared to diet at this level again now was nice to have a break though and sit at 1800 for a while. I think I just got so frustrated and worried about metabolism slowing down.

I think that while metabolic slowdown does occur to some degree, it's not like you're doing an extended crash diet and you're not going to put yourself in any danger by reducing calories. The idea of wrecking your metabolism is a bit over-blown IMO.

If you think about it from a logical standpoint, your choices are to stop losing fat, increase activity or decrease intake.

All of these are fine solutions. If you would rather bulk now, you can certainly do that, I'm just suggesting that you should cut a while longer before doing so and in that case, creating a slightly larger deficit is warranted.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Just adding as it seems like there may be some confusion - the 2,100 that SS mentioned includes exercise, so it is your gross calories.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Just adding as it seems like there may be some confusion - the 2,100 that SS mentioned includes exercise, so it is your gross calories.

^ Correct.
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

^ Correct.

Oh I see, sorry I was being stupid. I took the 10% off my cals now and I am going to give it a go. I am also not going to eat back any extra excercise i do on non workout days so lets see if I can get this weight loss going before end of month.

I will check in in 4 weeks if thats ok with you guys? or sooner if I have any problems. Once again I cant thank you guys enough for helping me. Especially with the full body workout advice, I am having a blast with it and seeing some nice str gains.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Sounds like a plan.

Glad you are enjoying the lifting and you are very welcome.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Locking so we can keep track of active threads. If you wish for the thread to be unlocked so you can update us or have further questions, please feel free to PM either myself or SideSteel, including a link to this thread and we will unlock it so you can.
This discussion has been closed.