Level 3 Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    L3D5 done! It went much better today, but that may be because I didn't workout till 11:00am, a couple hours after I ate breakfast. Restes, awake, and well fed make a big difference for me!

Modern_eye: My left shoulder has been hurting since last Sunday. All these plank moves are killing me!

bpalferys: COngrats on finishing, and have a lovely hilidasy!
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    L3D3 done today. This one seems easier than level two to me. everything 'cept all the jumping. lil too much impact goin on
    My neck and shoulders have been screaming for the past 5 days, to the point I can't lie down comfortably. I wake up stiff and can't even turn my head
    ^ Yeah, I feel like they dont stretch enough! I added a few extra stretches before and after. I do mostly quads and hammie's but you could do extra arm/shoulder stretches too and that might help
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Yeah..my shoulders sometimes feel stiff but it feels better since I started doing some more warm ups for them...and a couple days per week I do Pilates and my body feels so much better...how many calories is everyone burning?? It says my burning 400 plus I just want to know if this is normal cause I eat back calories....L3 D2 done!!
  • heywithers
    heywithers Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My HRM says I burn usually 250-300.

My days are soo messed up because I kept skipping days haha BUT i think I will be finished on June 11. I'm ready to move on to something a bit longer than 20 min, want to get more cardio in to get this fat off!!
  • jlcarcajc4
    jlcarcajc4 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I did Level3 Day 2 last night, will do Day 3 today hopefully. My HRM says I burn about the same as heywithers....anywhere from about 225-300. I do have to do modifications on some of these. I can't do the advanced version on some of this. Hopefully by the end I'll be able to do the advanced version! :tongue:
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    L3D6 done, and I did all Natalie except for the jumping lunges. Those are just too tough on my knees and hips so I just do the alternating lunges. They are hard enough!

It was such a beautiful morning so I did a 45 minute power walk before the rain comes in. My legs were dead by the end of it.

What type of HRM do you all use? I really should get one, especially since I'm exercising under my cardiologist's orders!
  • LoseSyra
    LoseSyra Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes, very interested in HRMs. Do they keep track of your steps too or just heart rate & calories burned? Also can they be used while swimming?
  • jlcarcajc4
    Options
    L3D6 done, and I did all Natalie except for the jumping lunges. Those are just too tough on my knees and hips so I just do the alternating lunges. They are hard enough!

It was such a beautiful morning so I did a 45 minute power walk before the rain comes in. My legs were dead by the end of it.

What type of HRM do you all use? I really should get one, especially since I'm exercising under my cardiologist's orders!

I bought mine at walmart for $20. It's a watch, I know a lot of people on here use the high price chest bands, etc. and feel the cheap watch at Walmart is not accurate. I know that anytime I have actually taken the time to check my pulse, it is pretty accurate. It might be off by maybe 3 or 4 beats. I might calculate 86 beats it will say 84 for an example. It gives me a rough estimate at least. Better than nothing I feel like. As far as it water proof, I honestly do not recall. Sorry.....I'll try to get back with you on that this evening if no one else does. :) Also, it does not calculate my steps.
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    [/quote]

I bought mine at walmart for $20. It's a watch, I know a lot of people on here use the high price chest bands, etc. and feel the cheap watch at Walmart is not accurate. I know that anytime I have actually taken the time to check my pulse, it is pretty accurate. It might be off by maybe 3 or 4 beats. I might calculate 86 beats it will say 84 for an example. It gives me a rough estimate at least. Better than nothing I feel like. As far as it water proof, I honestly do not recall. Sorry.....I'll try to get back with you on that this evening if no one else does. :) Also, it does not calculate my steps.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the info. I didn't know you could get one for $20! I'll definitely check it out.
  • LindieLu79
    LindieLu79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I started level 3 yesterday... I can't believe I'm going to say that but... i actually liked it! I feel like I've gotten stronger over the course of the past few weeks... I still pretty much do Anita moves, but even so, my butt is still getting whooped! :-)
  • RedRita32
    Options
    Lol yeah I still do Anita moves but I also like this level! I have a cheap wrist HRM from walmart..I don't know how accurate it is though..Lol I still use it cause it's better than nothing...mine has a timer (stop watch) ,light,clock/date, calorie burn, and another mode but have no idea what it is lol...it does go in water but I don't remember how deep...it is a sportline...L3D3 completed..:tongue:
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    L3D3 done! sweatin like crazy! probably because I was actually trying to give it a real go this time lol

@tiznonay--yeah, I've been lightly stretching my neck and shoulders all day and gave it an extra minute or so at the end...it seems to be making today tolerable!
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    Posting kind of late, but I complete Level 3, day 2. I took Saturday off as a rest day, and I was forced to take Sunday off by TOM. Cramps were so painful I couldn't even dream of doing 30DS at all.
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Completed level 3 D1 on Sunday, D2 yesterday and plan on D3 today. I'm a little behind on my posting LOL.
    I prefer this level than level 2, I'm not sure why exactly but I do. I do struggle getting through a couple of the moves, the jumping lunges for one and the rock star jumps - yikes!
  • jlcarcajc4
    Options
    Well I did Level 3 Day 3 last night and got up and did Day 4 this morning. I prefer to do it in the mornings if I can. I tell ya, kickin' butt!!! I do have to do some modifications, I generally start with advanced & then have to decrease to modified. Only 6 more days...wow! Not sure what I'll do next....still thinking. I was considering Insanity but I read a forum yesterday that a lot of people stopped doing it due to different types of injuries. That it is too intense and not enough recovery time for the intensity. Anyone here done Insanity? If so, what was your thoughts on it?
  • lovingmyreflection
    Options
    I did Level 3 day 3 today, and followed it up with 30 minutes of moderate elliptical training.
  • CCNYE63
    Options
    30DS rest day for me. Hoping to get a run in after work.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of level 3 = done! Glad that my abs are FINALLY starting to really get a work out!
  • RedRita32
    Options
    L3D4 done..my muscles were a kinda sore and tight...didn't burn as many calories today .I wonder why. I've been wondering about insanity too..has anyone done it????..hope you all have a great day today!!
  • myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    L3D3 done today. I struggled through some of it and didn't feel I did as well as the first 2 days.I wonder if that means that maybe some rest is required. I don't really want to stop though. Does anyone else do that? Take a rest day because you're finding it difficult after a couple of days in a row?