Training week of 6/2-6/8

Options
RoseTears143
RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
Keep us up to date on what you plan to or do accomplish for the week :)

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    M-Th run 10K road run
    F run 10K & half hour of hill repeats
    Sat 13.1 mile on trail
    Sun 2 miles of beach run and hit the road on the bike for an hour

M-Squats 255lb t, 140lb OP, 160lb rows, DIPs with total of 235lbs, 5 versions of pullups/chin up
    W-Squats 275ibs, BP-if neck feels better, DL 265lbs bi/tri acc
    Fr~Squat 295 lb,
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    M-Th run 10K road run
    F run 10K & half hour of hill repeats
    Sat 13.1 mile on trail
    Sun 2 miles of beach run and hit the road on the bike for an hour

M-Squats 255lb t, 140lb OP, 160lb rows, DIPs with total of 235lbs, 5 versions of pullups/chin up
    W-Squats 275ibs, BP-if neck feels better, DL 265lbs bi/tri acc
    Fr~Squat 295 lb,

Fantastic!!! wow
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    For 6/2 I did my long run - 5 miles. It was a little tough for me but I got it done in 1:06:56 :) I also did 45 minutes of swimming to cool off.
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    For 6/2 I did my long run - 5 miles. It was a little tough for me but I got it done in 1:06:56 :) I also did 45 minutes of swimming to cool off.

Brilliant with your run!

More of the same for me, weights, circuits, PT etc. Need to get a couple of runs in too though.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Yesterday I was laid back, did a 30 minute walk with my dog and a 20 minutes swim. Today will be an easy 3 mile run and some Insanity.

ETA - didn't do Insanity, but I got my 3 mile run done with some coaxing to myself. I was tired. But killed my pace compared to my Tuesday run last week! Average pace of 12:00 min/mile as opposed to 12:56 min/mile last week. 3.03 miles in 36:19 :)
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options
    Nursing a badly sprained ankle so no running for me until at least August. This week, my training breaks down as follows:

Monday - Off day (long day at work)
    Tuesday - Crossfit
    Wednesday - Off day (long day at work)
    Thursday - Crossfit
    Friday - Crossfit
    Saturday - Yoga
    Sunday - Strength Training (Back Squats, Bench Press, Deadlifts)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Monday - Run - Zombie 5k training
    Tuesday - gym
    Wednesday - Run - Zombie 5k training
    Thursday - gym and p/t
    Friday - Run - Zombie 5k training
    Saturday -rest day
    Sunday - Gym

Next week will be be taking a step back as exam week for me so need to concentrate on my studies - plus away at weekend for oldest and youngest birthdays.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I could have sworn I posted in here yesterday! Well, I did a 3 mile run both on the 4th and 5th. For 6/4 my time was 39:16 for 3.03 miles, and for 6/5 my time was 34:41 for 3.00 miles. :D Seeing HUGE improvements in my pace already!

I can't wait for my long run on Sunday (5 miles) to see if I can do the entire thing without having to stop.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You are doing very well RoseTears.

I'm getting better at this running malarky although fair way to go to catch up with you.
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    You are doing very well RoseTears.

I'm getting better at this running malarky although fair way to go to catch up with you.

You are doing great! I love seeing your daily posts for your C25k Zombie runs :)
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Well, yesterday I went outside to do my 3 mile run and realized it was a 4 mile run -_- lol! I wasn't mentally prepared for that, but I did great! It was a nice temp, and sprinkling on and off, which felt AMAZING by mile 2. Oh yes. lol Did the run in 45:15, avg pace of 11:16 min/mile which is better than my pace for my Wednesday run. I don't know how I managed it since I had to add another mile, but I'm really pleased with myself :)

No run today. I'm sort of glad after running 3 days in a row. :)
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi there! So glad I came across this group! I have my Tough Mudder race next weekend and I am little nervous about it. I did it last year and various other obstacle races (4 spartan, 2 warrior dash, 1 dirty dozen) but TM races always get my nervous.

My workouts so far this week:

Mon: GRC Fury class, 50 tire flips, 200 sledge hammer tire, 6 stair sprints, 30 burpees, 30 box jumps, then I don't remember the exact number of pushups, TRX pullups, squats, sit ups, etc during skills part of class
    Tues: 4.5 m road run
    Wed: GRC Fury class, 2 min jumprope, 3 miles, 50 burpees, 100 pushups, 50 jump squats, also had skills part of class but don't remember what we did during that
    Thurs: 3 m treadmill hill run
    Fri: GRC Fury: 100 mtn climbers, 100 jumping jacks, 4 laps of bearcrawl, 2 laps walking lunges, 20 thrusters (25#), 30 straight pull-ups (I still have to jump up to complete it), 30 double clap push-ups, 2 sprints, 40 situps (20#)

There is 10K trail race this weekend that I am hoping I can do but if not I will run 6-8M trail on Sunday.

Happy Friday!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Hi there! So glad I came across this group! I have my Tough Mudder race next weekend and I am little nervous about it. I did it last year and various other obstacle races (4 spartan, 2 warrior dash, 1 dirty dozen) but TM races always get my nervous.

My workouts so far this week:

Mon: GRC Fury class, 50 tire flips, 200 sledge hammer tire, 6 stair sprints, 30 burpees, 30 box jumps, then I don't remember the exact number of pushups, TRX pullups, squats, sit ups, etc during skills part of class
    Tues: 4.5 m road run
    Wed: GRC Fury class, 2 min jumprope, 3 miles, 50 burpees, 100 pushups, 50 jump squats, also had skills part of class but don't remember what we did during that
    Thurs: 3 m treadmill hill run
    Fri: GRC Fury: 100 mtn climbers, 100 jumping jacks, 4 laps of bearcrawl, 2 laps walking lunges, 20 thrusters (25#), 30 straight pull-ups (I still have to jump up to complete it), 30 double clap push-ups, 2 sprints, 40 situps (20#)

There is 10K trail race this weekend that I am hoping I can do but if not I will run 6-8M trail on Sunday.

Happy Friday!

That's an incredible schedule there!! :) I'm sure you will do great!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    Yesterday I ran 3 miles in 33:10 - best time yet!
  • Nikki_G30
    Nikki_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was able to do the trail race yesterday which I was excited about. I really wanted to compare my time from last year since I feel so much stronger. I beat my last years time by 24 minutes! WooHoo! The only downside is the course was shortened from 7.5 miles to 6.8 miles so not quite an absolute comparison but still an improvement!
  • RoseTears143
    Options
    I was able to do the trail race yesterday which I was excited about. I really wanted to compare my time from last year since I feel so much stronger. I beat my last years time by 24 minutes! WooHoo! The only downside is the course was shortened from 7.5 miles to 6.8 miles so not quite an absolute comparison but still an improvement!

that still sounds like an awesome improvement to me!!