Fortnightly Weigh ins

Options

Replies

• sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Lost 1 lb since last WI. So at 171.2 (didn't WI yesterday due to period) and will WI again next Monday or Thursday. Looking to hit the 160s again, soon!!! Really looking to be at mid 160s in another 8 weeks...about 1/2 lb/wk realistically...
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Oh...plus I changed my GW from 159.8 to 155...see what happens...
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    i weighed in this morning at 153 lbs. SO BUMMED. fortnight is 20 days if i remember correctly, w/o googling lol
    Is fortnight a UK thing?! I never knew! It's two weeks - 14 days :)

I never knew it was just a UK thing. One thing I love about this thing is all the things you learn about different cultures.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Finally finished 30 Day Shred. Hardly any difference overall. Lost 1/2lb and 1" over the course of a month. The inch loss is pretty typical of what I'd probably have lost anyways, so I'm a little bummed as far as numbers go. However I have gotten some nice definition in my legs and arms, which makes me feel much more confident to wear shorts and tank tops in this heat. :) No significant change in my core, though my back fat seems to be smoothing out. Well everything is kinda smoothing out, just the same size. I can tell there's some muscle underneath all the jiggly bits, it just can't show through yet. :/

Overall it isn't helping me get to the finish line any sooner, but I feel better and my strength, endurance, and muscle tone have improved. I can't stop checking out my thighs. lol This last week I finally got rid of all that water retention from eating back the extra exercise calories and from my muscles retaining water. I think if I keep with it for another month (Ripped in 30) that I may see larger results than with this month.

I'd still recommend trying it out if you haven't. :)

BACK FAT- I soooooooo want to get rid of my back fat.
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hello! How do you all cope with weighing yourselves so often? I'm so frightened of my scales. If I calculate and imagine that I'm losing say 1lb a week then I can keep that motivation up, but if I step on the scales and they tell me otherwise I just lose all commitment.
    I tend to set myself big 12 week type goals, where I'll weigh myself after a long stint where I can see and feel the difference in the mirror and the fit of my clothes. Small fluctuations just bring out the obsessive in me :(
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    i weighed in this morning at 153 lbs. SO BUMMED. fortnight is 20 days if i remember correctly, w/o googling lol
    Is fortnight a UK thing?! I never knew! It's two weeks - 14 days :)

I never knew it was just a UK thing. One thing I love about this thing is all the things you learn about different cultures.

I've heard it before in old literature, so I know what it means, but it isn't used in every day conversation at all in the US anymore. When I hear fortnight, I think 18th or 19th century. Only time I hear it is when I'm watching old civil war movies or something.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Question answered - the day after I started YAYOG, I was up 4 lbs. I finished the 1st week and then took one off - no choice, was traveling for work and was on the go 6:30am-10pm. This morning, I weighed in at 129.6 - down 1/2 lb from before I started YAYOG.
  • wbandel
    Options
    Question answered - the day after I started YAYOG, I was up 4 lbs. I finished the 1st week and then took one off - no choice, was traveling for work and was on the go 6:30am-10pm. This morning, I weighed in at 129.6 - down 1/2 lb from before I started YAYOG.

That's what I was going to guess, I'm just not familiar with how YAYOG works. Best of luck! :)
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just an update that I haven't lost anything yet.. Can't seem to get past 130 and I keep gaining and losing the same 2 lbs. I'm going to have to be a lot stricter and more serious about this now because 3 months of this is insane.
  • wbandel
    Options
    Not sure the last time I weighed in on here. Now that I'm doing Ripped in 30 and being stricter on not going over on weekly calories I've been losing about a lb a week again. :) Hopefully I'll be at my "final" goal in a month. Though now I'm thinking about lowering it by 5lbs. I guess I'll just have to see when I get there.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I weighed in at 144, only 4 lbs to healthy BMI.

Some of that loss was due to gall bladder surgery, but hopefully I'll be able to keep it off!

I think it's getting about time for me to adjust my goal weight to a final goal. When I started this journey last year, my aim was just to be healthy!
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Result! Weighed this morning and have lost 2lbs :bigsmile:

Now weigh 145lbs and have a BMI of 23.3.

Still aiming for 140lbs, which will be a total loss of 5 stone. Am hoping to reach that by the time we go on holiday in August.
  • HulaHoopQueen
    HulaHoopQueen Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Down .4 at WI this morning, so 9.6 pounds until my goal! : )
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oooh - don't think I've weighed in yet! As of Monday 17th June I was 138 lbs. Roughly around 19 lbs to go until my goal (though that's a rough goal that's not set in stone).

I've been quite slack recently though - mainly trying to get my calories to around 1300-1400. Not doing much exercise.

I'm gonna try and shake things up for a month and get myself back into the 'zone'!!
  • wbandel
    Options
    I'm back to weighing in every day, at least on my own (won't post on here that often), because I'm just a lb shy of losing 80lbs. I take a new picture with every 10 lbs I lose, and I'm terribly excited to see the difference. My 1 yr MFP anniversary is coming up, and the end of a challenge I'm part of. I really wanna lose 3 lbs in these next 2-3 weeks so I can hit my original final goal by then. This last week I lost 1lb, so I think I might just meet my deadline.
  • helyg
    Options
    Good luck with that wbandel!
  • HulaHoopQueen
    Options
    Fingers crossed for ya, wbandel! : )
  • HulaHoopQueen
    Options
    Down .8 at WI, so only 8.8 more pounds until goal! :smile:
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Last post here was June 09, weighed in at 129.6. Since then I've been bouncing between 128 and 129. Probably would have seen the 127s, but had a couple of weekends of celebratory dinners = high salt + alcohol + higher cal than normal. Hoping I can manage this weekend better and get the losses going again.
  • helyg
    Options
    Weighed in today, lost another 1lb. Only 4lbs to go to target!