Paleo recipie swap

Options
Hey I'm Lisa,
I'm new to the paleo thing, but was wondering does anyone have some favorite paleo dishes?! If so please share

This weeks highlights for me have been taco salad with made from scratch seasoning and guac! So yummy!
And I made chocolate chip cookies, that were so good, my non paleo family ate them all up, they tasted like a coconutty oatmeal chocolate chip!
Here is a like to the food lovers kitchen http://www.primalpalate.com/recipe/chocolate-chip-cookies/

Replies

• zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I don't really have specific recipes, but here are some ideas. I err on the side of minimal effort and almost all of our seasoning is done by guessing and tasting (sorry!).

We do Paleo Chili (make your favorite chili, leave out the beans). Same with meatballs (sub ground flaxseed or almond meal for breadcrumbs). Scrambled eggs happen a lot and I've been known to have Lara bars for dinner.

My husband does a lot of baked potatoes and steak; curry shrimp is a favorite of mine (dump curry powder on shrimp, cook in oven until done). Since it's salmon season, we're also eating a lot of fresh salmon (mix Dijon mustard with herbs de Provence spice blend, spread on salmon and bake until thoroughly dead). My husband's salmon recipe includes using a lot of spices, sliced garlic, shallots and lemon and then baking it all in a tinfoil pouch.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I found a great website today called Supid Easy Paleo. they have some really good recipes. I found some stuff for dinner next week like cabbage rolls and enchiladas and a sausage for breakfast.
  • craudi
    craudi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm like Zella in that I just create as I go. I often poke around websites like Primal Palate, Foodgawker, and Tastespotting and find something that I want to make...I look at the ingredients and change what I need to to be primal (or if I just don't have or like something, I change that too). I use recipes more as inspiration than guides.

Last night I made Chicken Tikka Masala based on this recipe: http://www.jopreetskitchen.com/2013/05/chicken-tikka-masala-restaurant-style.html I made cauliflower curry rice to eat with it. SO GOOD. And I'm so glad I have leftovers for lunch. :)
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Bumping, so I can come back for the web addys!
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have no proper recipes, really but I can tell ya', single skillet meals are awesome.

Cook some meat in a bunch of fat (I like coconut oil), throw a bunch of vegetables in with it (and unsweetend flaked/shredded coconut - seriously, try it) spice to taste and cook until delicious. That's my usual M.O.
  • nynvilva
    nynvilva Posts: 54
    Options
    I make a lot of the recipes I normally made, just Paleo friendly (i.e. no grains, no dairy, no legumes).

My go-to:

Chicken Meatballs:
    1 package (1 lb) ground chicken (if your super market does not have ground chicken, throw a lb of chicken breast into a food processer)
    3 cloves of garlic, minced
    4 stalks of scallions, chopped (sub chives)
    Zest of 1 whole lemon
    Juice of 1 whole lemon

Mix, roll into balls (I tend to do smaller ones, so this yields 12 for me), brown on both sides in pan, transfer to baking dish and bake at 350 for 15mins or until 165 degrees

Additional adds:
    Jalapenos
    Cayenne Pepper

For Mexican style, change up the scallions for cilantro and replace the lemon with two limes.
  • aps81
    aps81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Three of my favorite paleo recipe sites are nomnompaleo.com , paleomg.com , and elanaspantry.com . I've tried A LOT of different recipes and always seems to consistently pull from these three from main dishes to desserts. My favorites include anything with spaghetti squash and cauliflower that's been through the food processor. If you are new to paleo, I'd suggest keeping some staples (besides the meat and veggies) handy: coconut oil, coconut aminos, almond flour, coconut flour, honey, eggs, and flavor/seasoning like garlic and ginger just to name a few.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I love the blog:

theclothesmakethegirl - Mellisa Joulwan BEST chicken ever!! Pad Thai, scotch eggs....all staples in my house (most of the recipies from her Well Fed cookbook are on the blog =)
    Her brined chicken recipie is the only way I cook chicken breasts now
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Pretty much what strychnine7 and craudi said. I make it up as I go. Meat & veggies & good fats, add some spices/seasonings. Leave out the grains/legumes. I make zucchini lasanga, and it's delish. :) Paleo chili, too! (though...it's basically the same as the lasagna, without the cheese, lol) I'll google for recipes if there's something specific I want that's more involved, i.e. I just googled primal tandoori chicken the other day and BAM! nomnompaleo had a recipe for me. :) Or when I wanted to make my own breakfast sausage, I just googled primal breakfast sausage - now I just make it up as I go since I know what spices to use.

www.wellnessmama.com is another good resource for recipes, and she has an app!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    oops, re-post by accident.
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I look for recipes that fit Paleo or are easily adapted to it also. Here is a link to a wonderful recipe for grilled chicken we had last night. We have a huge tarragon plant in our yard so I am always on the lookout for recipes to use it in.

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_chicken_with_tomato_tarragon_sauce/

I also used the sauce on my morning omelet and it was delicious.
  • Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm a newbie and all this info is grealty appreciated!
  • chocolateblueberry
    chocolateblueberry Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I blog about my (mostly) paleo diet, loads of meal ideas of you want to check it out! Once you get started on a few things I find you just get more and more ideas!

www.chocolateandblueberries.com