Anyone Start around May 26th?

Options
bridgeydidge8
bridgeydidge8 Posts: 24 Member
I have just started and am so far loving it! i'm actually excited about getting home to do my workout :)

I'm not doing the kickstart though which i know will probably slow me down but i get up at 5:30 am for work and struggle to get enough sleep as is so no chance of morning workouts for me.

I am also sticking to a 1200 Cal a day diet and i have been for a few weeks already i'm feeling a big difference from eating more veggies and am addicted to quinoa! haha

It would be so great to get to know some people going through the same stages with me.

Now its the start of my weekend (i'm living in the middle east) so im going to try my best to avoid all the temptations and try to be more active than usual, wish me luck!

Bridget

Replies

• 365toHealthy
    365toHealthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Bridgette

I have just started (27th) and I am enjoying the process so far. Although saying that, my muscles are killing me!

How much weight do you have to lose? I want to lose 31 pounds in total, but I'm not sure how much of that will happen whilst doing JMBR.

Where abouts in the Middle East are you? I was born in Bahrain and I have lots of memories of deserts!

Good luck with the weekend!
  • bridgeydidge8
    Options
    Wow that is crazy i am living in Bahrain! i am originally from Australia though. i have been here for 3.5 years :)
    How long did you live here for?

Yes lots of deserts but now there are also lots of beautiful islands and houses on canals which makes it a really nice place to live.

I also need to lose 30lbs, im just taking it easy though i dont mind if it takes me longer as i want it to be more of a lifestyle change rather than a dramatic weight drop, just making healthier choices and exercising everyday is making me feel better.

But i did notice this weekend my shoulders are already toning up! and my legs feel less wobbly :)
  • 365toHealthy
    365toHealthy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is weird ...

I was born in Bahrain and I lived there for about 6 yrs. I then moved to Australia (North Shore, Sydney) and lived there for about 11 years. I am now living in the UK.

I am weighing myself tomorrow, so I hope to see some weight-loss. I am aiming for about a pound a week so fingers crossed! There is no way that I can lose 5-6 pounds a week as Jillian says - crazy!

I've started week 2 now and I am noticing a difference in my strength already.

x
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    I started a week before, May 20th.
  • kimjj1025
    kimjj1025 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I started around that time and I've had a lot of on and off before then. This week I'm determined to do all 6 days and then move onto week three on Monday! I'm still sore and I've done the same three work outs on and off for several weeks. My hamstrings are what is hurting me the most this week. I do feel a big difference since starting which is really what keeps me going. I'm not doing the jumpstart either. I have to get up before the rest of the family if I have any chance at all in getting a work out in. I'm keeping track of my calories but since trying to stay around 1,400 by eating less processed and more whole foods and it seems to really be working well for me.
  • bridgeydidge8
    Options
    Oh wow that is REALLY weird!

I actually lived in the UK for a year in 2006 then went travelling and ended up staying in Bahrain on my way back home to Australia (Also Sydney!)! How bizarre to have come across you here!

On the program so far i have had tiny weight loss but that is definitely due to my poor efforts of limiting calories on the weekends, but still a loss is a loss, i am happy as long as it is going down not up! :)

However i have definitely noticed my body is changing FAST! My arms are alot tighter which is fantastic, so much so that already friends are noticing, also around my waist has tightened and i have dropped weight off my back. I am all round feeling firmer and less wobbly so im really pleased.

I started on workout 3 yesterday and oh my...... i struggled through, feeling very unco-ordinated and realised that i still cannot do a proper push up to save my life hahahaha

But by the end of the two weeks before i was flying through the workouts so hopefully it will end up the same with these ones. Workout 4 today! eep!
  • kimjj1025
    Options
    I did workout 3 today for the first time (I slept in yesterday :() Wow! That one was hard. I knew it was going to get harder and I did my best to keep going. I feel good, but I'm surprised and excited about how hard it is. I wish I would have watched it before I did it because a lot of time you aren't in a position to look and see what they are doing...but then I might not have tried it :)

I feel like I'm going to be sore tomorrow! :)

Thanks for starting this string...it helps!
  • toniju
    toniju Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    kimjj1025 -- you are about a week ahead of me. I started JMBR on June 3rd and I have wondered how much harder it gets every week!! YIKES! Keep up the great work and let me know how much harder they get so I can prepare myself.
  • kimjj1025
    Options
    kimjj1025 -- you are about a week ahead of me. I started JMBR on June 3rd and I have wondered how much harder it gets every week!! YIKES! Keep up the great work and let me know how much harder they get so I can prepare myself.

I'll be honest I didn't think I could do it at all and my shoulders are still burning from this morning, but I love it and I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings :) I'll keep you updated. :)
  • bridgeydidge8
    Options
    Hi Kim,

Yeah the moves are getting more complicated, i feel like i am not doing them all properly :P i did have to keep pausing and rewinding to see how to do them.

My shoulders are still burning!, workout 4 is tough too but i think for some reason 3 is still harder.

Now my mission is to be able to do those plank ups WOW they are so hard! I am still trying to just hold plank for the 1 minute let alone go up and down too......

Cardio today, Phew!
  • kimjj1025
    Options
    I hear ya! I had to rest yesterday because I couldn't lift my arms over my head :) I did workout 4 today and i agree it seemed easier, but I feel it and I can't plank, but I keep trying. The other thing I thought was strangely hard in workout 4 was the lunging to the groud and back up again! It is something I do every day when I play on the floor with my kids but I guess I alway use my hands somehow to get up. That was hard!!

I'm really enjoying it though...I didn't think that I would. It is hard to keep moving on most days, but something is better than nothing right?? :ohwell:
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    I hear ya! I had to rest yesterday because I couldn't lift my arms over my head :) I did workout 4 today and i agree it seemed easier, but I feel it and I can't plank, but I keep trying. The other thing I thought was strangely hard in workout 4 was the lunging to the groud and back up again! It is something I do every day when I play on the floor with my kids but I guess I alway use my hands somehow to get up. That was hard!!

I'm really enjoying it though...I didn't think that I would. It is hard to keep moving on most days, but something is better than nothing right?? :ohwell:

I so agree that the knee down and up with arm over your head is a killer! Workout 4 is by far the hardest yet, but I love it! I like to feel like I've worked out and after having done workout 3 and 4 am truly feeling it, my hamstrings and thighs are on FIRE!
  • kimjj1025
    Options
    I've been sitting at my desk for a good chunk this morning and I stood up and complete wasn't sure if I was going to stay up! I'm really loving 3 and 4, I'm hoping next week I can do all 6 days straight through! That's the goal!
  • minime9579
    Options
    I started around May 20th - and I am about to start Phase 2 next week. I'm scared of what she's going to have us do next! I am a little disappointed that I haven't really lost too much weight though this month, but I have noticed my clothes are a little looser. Does anyone use protein powder after workouts? I work out in the morning, before I eat, so by the time I workout, shower, get ready, and get to work where I can finaly eat breakfast it is almost an hour and a half since I started my workout. Could this timing be a factor as to why I am not really loosing weight?
  • kimjj1025
    Options
    Ugh...I fell off the bandwagon again. My husband even asked me if I was done exercising because I was doing so good! I've noticed a difference immediately. I'm exhausted and tired and I'm stuck in a viscious cycle again. Time to get up and get moving! Is anyone else struggling, how did you get over the hurdle? :sad:
  • bridgeydidge8
    Options
    Kim don't stress, it happens just as long as you get back on sooner rather than let it slide
    Just remember the feeling you get after finishing a week or moving up a level! That is such a great feeling to be proud of yourself.

Well i am officially off the wagon but waiting to get back on :tongue:

I had to have my appendix removed last week so have not been able to exercise for 9 days......i can feel my muscles getting softer LOL

I think i will be able to start again in another week when i am fully recovered so now i am just trying REALLLLLLY hard to not overindulge in food, i now realise that working out each day really helps me watch what i eat as i am constantly calculating how hard i have to work to burn off an extra treat haha

So this week for me now is just a watch what i eat week and hopefully after next week i can start back up, im thinking i may have to do a week of workout 1 and 2 just to get back into it before i go to 3 & 4 which is what i was up to.
  • kimjj1025
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about your appendix. I love your attitude towards it though! You are absolutely right. You do feel so good after finishing a week and your body definately thanks you. I've got my son's stomach bug today, but hopefully by tomorrow I'll be ready to go!! If I can't do JMBR than I think I will still get up and do some yoga...for me is it is all about the routine.

Thanks for your support and get better soon! I bet you will heal even quicker because your body is stronger than it was before! :flowerforyou:
  • cssyti
    cssyti Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I just started Phase 2 on Sunday. I eat about 1200 calories a day. I have only lost 5 pounds and my clothes arent fitting any differently. I have noticed my breasts are getting smaller :ohwell: I have also noticed that I am able to do certain exercises that I wasnt before. however, my muscles dont get sore anymore after the second week. which concerns me. during the workouts my muscles burn and I sweat a lot.
  • kimjj1025
    Options
    I just started Phase 2 on Sunday. I eat about 1200 calories a day. I have only lost 5 pounds and my clothes arent fitting any differently. I have noticed my breasts are getting smaller :ohwell: I have also noticed that I am able to do certain exercises that I wasnt before. however, my muscles dont get sore anymore after the second week. which concerns me. during the workouts my muscles burn and I sweat a lot.

I haven't gotten to the second month yet so good for you! Did weeks 1 and 2 for like two months, three times a week and then started weeks 3 and 4 a few weeks ago and took a week off and realized I can't do it all 6 days, but three times a week and I'm usually sore and I've seen slight differences in the way my clothes fit. I think the thing that helped me the most as I've progressed is increasing the weight and using the advanced options when I'm ready. Maybe that is something to try.

Also, I've been researching this TDEE method which is a way to figure out how many calories you need to lose weight. Basically what I gather is that some people do not eat enough calories to lose weight. So maybe if you eat a litte more healthy items to up your calories you might lose some more weight. (If you do and it works let me know, I've been too scared to try).

I'm no expert my any means and it takes me forever to find what works for me and then once it works for a while I usually have to switch it up.

Feel free to friend me I would love to hear more about your progress.
  • mickeyksu
    mickeyksu Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just started Phase 2 this week. Workout 4=arm death. I'm hoping the second time through it, which is tomorrow, is not as bad! I love how strong I feel though!