New Weekly Check in 6/10 - 6/17

Options
I know some of you are early risers, so here is a new thread for tomorrow! Start this one with your Monday work out.

And this week's motivation chit chat topic is:

What is your current favorite work out and why?

Replies

• CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I work 2nd shift so this is a hybrid of 6/9 & 6/10.

Treadmill time before work 181 calories
    Fire 30 AND HIIT 15 426 calories
    for a total of 607 CRUSHED today!!!

My favorite work out is the one I want to conquer. The one that gives me trouble. The one I actually hate doing because I don't do it well. It becomes my favorite as I get better & stronger until I can do it well and then some.

Currently that work out is Core 20.

Over all though, I really enjoy the walk/jog on the treadmill. I listen to my favorite songs and let the world slip away.

On a previous thread JonathBB asked how we get in our calories.
    I'm not the best one to answer that question. Even when I did body building I had to force my meals in...
  • zeusbella
    zeusbella Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Week two of Insanity and day 6... DONE! What a feeling to be done with your workout by 6:15AM. I had a tough time this morning, but I pushed on through.

CarolinaGrace, reading your message really helped. Thank you.

Sore today. I have a touch time with the tricep dips. Anyone else? Still working on my pushups - I do them the girly way on my knees.
  • ShamelesslyFlawed
    ShamelesslyFlawed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am starting week two today with my husband and I am so excited to say I have lost a total of 4.75 inches off my entire body (the biggest was my hips at 2.5 inches) this week. Although I didn't really see a huge jump in the scale...that said....ovb. I am building muscle b/c of the nice drop in inches!

Not gonna lie. The first week was super hard and we struggled to get through it some days, but we finished each and everyone to the end and never gave up. It's actually pretty funny we both have huge pools of sweat on the hardwood after each one. Cardio SUCKS! but feels so good! I would love not to be sore though. Hopefully this week I can push myself a little harder.

Looking forward to what this week brings!

xoxo --Nic
  • ShamelesslyFlawed
    ShamelesslyFlawed Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Week two of Insanity and day 6... DONE! What a feeling to be done with your workout by 6:15AM. I had a tough time this morning, but I pushed on through.

CarolinaGrace, reading your message really helped. Thank you.

Sore today. I have a touch time with the tricep dips. Anyone else? Still working on my pushups - I do them the girly way on my knees.

I have to do them the "Girly" way as well. But give us time. I think we will be able to eventually get to it. =) Keep "Digging Deep!"
  • zeusbella
    Options
    yes, we will get there. I sweat like crazy too.. I thought there was something wrong with me. Phew!
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    So glad I could actually motivate someone Zuesbella!

Queen - the sore lets up after about 2 weeks. Never really goes away, but it does get better! Better sore than sorry!

I added you both as friends. Hoping when I see your work outs on my wall, I'll be more motivated. I'm competitive =-)

I'll squeeze in a turbo work out during lunch tonight. Then starting Tuesday I'll be working on strength training more.
    Non-scale Victory (NSV) I have a nice curve to my shoulders. Working those biceps and shoulder muscles!

Keep it up everyone! Kill those work outs!
  • zeusbella
    Options
    Challenge accepted. :wink:

CarolinaGrace, is this your first round of Insanity? I have committed to not weighing myself until I finish the 60 days of Insanity.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    INSANITY week 2
    Cardio Power & Resistance ( I think this is my favorite workout!)
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    6/10
    Insanity Day 8 Cardio Power & Resistance
    I love this workout but it is not my favorite. A big difference from the last time I did this workout on day 3. My form improved a lot and I did not tire as easily. I tired out with 5 minutes left on clock but I still kept going. I did not finish as strong as I wanted but that is a goal for me to improve on. I was drenched in sweat and burned 596 calories. I am looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully see more improvements.

My favorite workout is one that I need to improve on a lot. It is Yoga X. I hated it the first 5 times I did it. Then one day I noticed that I was getting a lot better. Once I did crane for the first time I became hooked on it. It is so relaxing and it works you out at the same time.

My favorite Insanity workout so far is Plyometric Cardio Circuit because I need to improve on Plyo. When I work out I want to sweat and I want it to feel like a workout and that is what Plyo does for me.

Awesome job everyone on completing week 1. For those starting week 1 today. You can do this. Do your best and take breaks when needed. Do not over do it. Listen to your body.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Got home from work a little before 7 pm. Tired and hungry. Pushed myself to put in the Insanity disc and hit play for Day 8. Glad I did but man o manashevitz am I beat. Had dinner after. I also did better this time around. Had trouble again with quads getting very fatigued with the reach and touch floor turn/jump and do it on other side move so very hard to do the globe jumps right after and the hill climbers (sprints in plank position) were tough as I was out of gas by that time but I pushed through to the end. Definite improvement from last time despite starting out in less than ideal situation. I have had very little DOMS but had some in my triceps last time after this workout. We will see. Looking forward to seeing Day 8 check ins from the rest of the Insanity crew.

Way to go team Ryan.
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    6/10
    Today I rested. Dang allergies were acting up on me. I spent most of the afternoon in the emergency room. My throat was swollen and it felt like I was suffocating. I am doing better and I will be pushing play tomorrow.

My favorite workout is Kenpo X. I love everything about it and Tony Horton. He is one of my favorite trainers.

Awesome job everyone. You all rock!!!!! Way to go.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    6/10
    Power 90
    I am getting more energized each and every day. I am addicted to Power 90.
    My favorite exercise is all of Power 90. I have not exercised to any other program before. I used to lift weights in high school and gym glass was the only exercise I ever got. Power 90 is my new thing and it will be until I believe that I can handle P90X. My goal is to do Insanity next year. I can do this.

Kudos to everyone on week 1 and those starting on week 2. WTG!!!! We got this.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I'm on nightshift, so I'll be doing my next workout after I get off in the morning. Yesterday was my rest day, so today will be the first day of Insanity - Week 2. I've been pleased with the results I am already seeing in a week's time. I had heard that this was the case, but was doubtful (my body tends to be resistant to change). I'm looking forward to seeing the results at the end of all of this.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    Actually, I'm doing Turbo Fire & lifting weights. Insanity didn't seem like my cup of joe. I'm not a cardio person really. I don't mind Turbo and some friends of mine were doing it so I joined.

I'll still meet your calorie burn though:tongue:

I weigh sporadically. The scale has no power over me. I'm all about the body fat %, the way my clothes fit/size, and if I'm happy or not with myself. I might do a weigh in every few weeks, take my body fat %, and tape measure.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    I'm night shift too. So, I'll be posting similar to you. I'm a day behind unless I get to the PC early enough on my off days.
  • CarolinaGrace77
    Options
    Fire 45 310 calories torched.
    Had to squeeze in something during lunch hour.
    I couldn't get it together today. I missed the moves...but I kept moving. That is what really counts.

Knee is a tiny bit achy. Not bad.
  • MsStang02
    MsStang02 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Day 8 for me today. I am loving this program. Now I am getting into the swing of things and really look forward to it after work. It is really a HUGE stress reliever. It is super tough, but I love the challenge. My muscles are starting to comply, so I am so happy to have gotten out of bed this morning and not do the "John Wayne Walk" :bigsmile:
    My weigh in was yesterday, the scale has not budged. A pound or two gain. And some areas of my body have lost about 1/4 - 1/2 an inch, but others have stayed the same. Maybe because I was still pretty sore there was water retention in my muscles to show a gain or no loss in inches in some areas??
    Keep up the great work everyone!! :flowerforyou:
  • zeusbella
    Options
    Day 8 of Insanity - of week 2 (Pure Cardio)! Loving it. Feeling more sore this week than last week. I have been having a protein shake immediately following the workout.
  • falco37
    falco37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    oops double post sorry!
  • falco37
    falco37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Insanity today! Did the fit test yesterday and definitely felt that this morning when I woke up...

Can't wait for tomorrow morning when I can't even get out of bed due to sore muscles :D