Just a reminder

likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
Slow down!

You should be running slowly enough to easily complete all the runs in your workout.

If you aren't able to complete all your runs, you can still slow down some more even if you think you can't. The secret is form. Keep yourself pulled up, core engaged, shoulders down, looking forward.

Try to keep your feet moving at about the same pace, just don't push forward as much. If you need to look down to make sure you are still moving forward, you are going slowly enough. Just remember to look up again so you keep your airways open.

And remember, you are getting out there and doing it! That is an awesome accomplishment and you should be VERY proud of yourself!!!

Replies

• Trixxie90
    Trixxie90 Posts: 32 Member
    Thank you! That is just what I needed to read today!!
  • tomii13
    tomii13 Posts: 105 Member
    thanks for the support and motivation and tips.

Had to taken an unexpected rest day today because my left knee and back have been tightening/cracking all day long. not sure what it is, but i don't want to cause an injury . Im starting week 7 once I feel better. :( I really wanted to go for a run today.

I think the last run of week 6 (sunday for me) was a bit heavy on me. so, thanks again. I will try to keep in mind to slow down. I've been working on my pace, but I guess I have to go even slower.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I think the last run of week 6 (sunday for me) was a bit heavy on me. so, thanks again. I will try to keep in mind to slow down. I've been working on my pace, but I guess I have to go even slower.

Great job on listening to your body. That week 6 run might have just been a bad run - if you made it through the 20 minute run, you've pretty much found your speed. However, slowing up is a tool in your running toolbox from now on, and something that I've used many times as I've worked on form and made transitions.

Do know that week 7 can feel a little tough. Not everybody goes through it, but enough people do that I can assure you that it's not you. Week 8 and 9 tend to be awesome, though.