Rest days?

Options
hsh0927
hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
How many of you take rest days while doing 30ds? I completed level 3 day 1 today and I haven't taken a rest day yet so I was curious as to how many people are? When to do you take them (after each level, once a week, randomly...)? I haven't only bc I've done this program in the past and never got to level 2 bc I took a "1 day break" after level 1 and never went back to it. :embarassed:

Replies

• myrealname
    myrealname Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you. I honestly don't know if I could go without a rest day. Most of the ones I've taken have been kind of random and I think I took 2 off each for level 1 and 2. I've just done day 3 of level 3 and found I was having a harder time than the first two days so was wondering if I shouldn't take a rest day tomorrow. I'll just see how I feel though because i was rather lacking on motivation today.
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I was hard core about no rest days until somewhere in Level 2 where I think i actually got some adrenal fatigue or something from working my completely lifeless muscles suddenly into action--no rest days. I took a day off and felt 100% better.

So far I've had about 4 days:; 2 on purpose, and 2 "rest" days due to circumstances--moving an apartment, then painting it. totally not a rest day!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty random. I have a newborn and a toddler and some days I just can't fit it in (sad that I can't even fit in 20 minutes...) !! I have definitely taken more than I wanted but I just keep telling myself that it really doesn't have to be done in 30 days!
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I was hard core about no rest days until somewhere in Level 2 where I think i actually got some adrenal fatigue or something from working my completely lifeless muscles suddenly into action--no rest days. I took a day off and felt 100% better.

So far I've had about 4 days:; 2 on purpose, and 2 "rest" days due to circumstances--moving an apartment, then painting it. totally not a rest day!

I am now on day 22 with no rest and most days I feel more tired than energized (which is normally how I feel when I start working out). Is this the same kind of thing you experienced?
  • Metallux
    Metallux Posts: 117 Member
    Options

I am now on day 22 with no rest and most days I feel more tired than energized (which is normally how I feel when I start working out). Is this the same kind of thing you experienced?

Yeah, it was like I was fatigued down to my bones (not sleepy, just very run down)...and I also started getting very moody where any little thing could make me cry or get depressed. Just thinking about it makes me realize how far I've come with my endurance!! The first 10-15 days were VERY stressful on my body. I also didn't know a thing about building muscle and didn't realize how low my daily protein intake was (I was actually getting like 30 grams a day when someone at my hwp needs closer to 80, especially since I had zero muscle tone to start).