ROUND 2 ANYONE??

Options
kymkan
kymkan Posts: 444 Member
I finished JMBR about 2 weeks ago. I lost 30 lbs and 19". I am close enough to my goal weight that I'm not wanting to lose anymore, but still wanna tone. I am currently doing a mix of 30DS, Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs and some cardio.

I miss JMBR like CRAZY and I plan on starting up again on June 17 (after I finish what I'm doing now - which is 2 weeks at each level). I am wondering:

#1 will anyone join me in this round of JMBR? (1st, 2nd, or whatever round you're on)
#2 for those of you that have repeated, what kind of results are you seeing in the later rounds compared to the first?

Replies

• Nanou200
    Nanou200 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I finished my first round a few weeks ago and started mixing and matching her other workouts. I really didn't enjoy it as much as BR. I have now restarted BR but at a condensed pace. Instead of doing the workouts for 2 weeks before switching I only do the for 1 week. So the 12 week program will now only take six. I like it because I don't get bored with the workouts before switching and my endurance and strength is not at the beginner level, so I don't need the extra time for that. So far I have lost just over 10 lbs since january and have about 10 more to go Hopefully this works out!!! Good Luck!!
  • kymkan
    Options
    I finished my first round a few weeks ago and started mixing and matching her other workouts. I really didn't enjoy it as much as BR. I have now restarted BR but at a condensed pace. Instead of doing the workouts for 2 weeks before switching I only do the for 1 week. So the 12 week program will now only take six. I like it because I don't get bored with the workouts before switching and my endurance and strength is not at the beginner level, so I don't need the extra time for that. So far I have lost just over 10 lbs since january and have about 10 more to go Hopefully this works out!!! Good Luck!!

I kinda like that idea cuz the strength is built already. Might have to consider that :) thanks for the tip
  • Nanou200
    Options
    No problem! Good luck!
  • Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was wondering how people were doing second rounds of it..just uysing heavier weights than the first time or what..because it seems like a step back to go from Phase Three to Phase One, but the one week per workout pair is a good idea.
  • yaybazinga
    yaybazinga Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm currently in phase 3 and already thinking about repeating BR because I like it so much! not sure yet whether to start again right away or do some other workouts for a while... but I've been wondering about that, whether people start again with phase 1 or go right to phase 2?
  • kymkan
    Options
    I'm currently in phase 3 and already thinking about repeating BR because I like it so much! not sure yet whether to start again right away or do some other workouts for a while... but I've been wondering about that, whether people start again with phase 1 or go right to phase 2?

I took a break to do other things and almost wish I hadn't. I really like the structure that JMBR provides. I think I'll start from the beginning and vow not to do the 'easy' version and ramp it up where I can.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start Round 1 on June 17th. I am excited to try it. Last weekend, I sat down and watched all the workouts (I like to know what I'm getting into). I know many of you are veterans so I'll be looking to you for inspiration!! :)
  • kymkan
    Options
    I'm going to start Round 1 on June 17th. I am excited to try it. Last weekend, I sat down and watched all the workouts (I like to know what I'm getting into). I know many of you are veterans so I'll be looking to you for inspiration!! :)

I think the most important thing in this workout is doing it TOGETHER! You can count on others for inspiration and you know exactly what they are talking about when they complain about a certain move or being sore in a weird spot :) I can't wait to start again!! Veteran or not - it will be tough cuz I plan on stepping it up and not modifying (other than for my knees)
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I also plan to start round 2 on June 17th!
  • kymkan
    Options
    I also plan to start round 2 on June 17th!

Yay!!!
  • BeinAwesome247
    BeinAwesome247 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm still on round 1 hahaha

I love the set up though

Gonna try something crazy to train for Tough mudder so all of phase 2 will be done as morning workouts and a 2nd training will be done in the evenings. Taking a week break in between phase 2 & 3 b/c that'll be the week of TM
    July I'll finish phase 3
    August gonna complete a different system
    Sept. BR again but doubled up OR doing advanced
  • claudiasiplak
    claudiasiplak Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I finished today! It took me about 105 days instead of 90.. But it's done! Just purchased six pack in 6 weeks, and I will do that to see, but I may join you June 17th for second round!!!
  • staceypunk
    Options
    Hi ladies! I finished today! It took me about 105 days instead of 90.. But it's done! Just purchased six pack in 6 weeks, and I will do that to see, but I may join you June 17th for second round!!!

Congrats! It is not easy to stick with a program for 3 months! Well done! Care to post any of your results?
  • Nanou200
    Options

I took a break to do other things and almost wish I hadn't. I really like the structure that JMBR provides. I think I'll start from the beginning and vow not to do the 'easy' version and ramp it up where I can.

I too took a break for about 2 weeks and tried mixing and matching her other workouts. I did not like it!!! I agree that the structure that BR provides is awesome! There is no guessing what muscles I am working or if I should be doing anything different...I just put on the workout I am on and work my *kitten* off! I love doing the program at the one week interval instead of the two. Keeps me more motivated!!! Good luck to everyone with your weight loss and toning goals! WE CAN DO IT!
  • muppetfan13
    muppetfan13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I will!I did it a year ago and had great results. I'm ready to start again next week. I'm only going to work out five days a week to the BR, though. I'll reserve the other cardio day for playing with my kids, running, or something else.

I'm eager to get started again.
  • BestRevenge99
    BestRevenge99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Round 2 tomorrow. Let's do this!!!! :happy:
  • staceypunk
    Options
    It's finally go time! You ladies still in for tomorrow????
  • muppetfan13
    muppetfan13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I shared my DVDs with my sister. She gave me back 1&2 a long time ago, and I can't find them now. I'll be starting with workouts 3&4 and will double up on them (work them for four weeks instead of two).

It'll be tough, but I really like the structure of the BR. I got sick in the middle of it last time. I want to finish it this time.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I finished my first round on June 8. In three weeks, I have a 2-week gig playing piano for a summer dance intensive away from home (and away from DVD player and weights). I've decided to do a super-express version of JMBR (once through each workout so one phase per week) so I'll finish right before I leave. Workout 1, Round 2, here I come!
  • kymkan
    Options
    WAY TO GO GUYS!!!! I sure wish I could join you. I started this thread and I'm the one 'not in' :(

Some of you know that I fell a few weeks ago and have a compression fracture in my back and so I can't start quite yet but soon, very, very soon!!! I will follow your progress tho - keep me posted!!!