Challenges I threatened you all with.

Options
Ok, so here are the challenges I told you all to do., Oops, I mean, I suggested doing. I would never ever think to TELL you what to do. LOL

Monday..........Let's do some boxing again. Stand with your left leg out forward, arms up chest level, fists together, then punch out in front of you. Right arm then left. Do 10 then put right leg in front and start punching with the left arm first. If you are angry at anything you can pretend you are punching it.

Tuesday.........wood chops. Legs hip width apart, arms up over the right shoulder, hands clasped, then swing the arms over to the left as if chopping wood. Do 10 then switch to the other side.

Wednesday......leg lifts. lay on your side and just lift your leg up a ways, hold then bring back down. Do as many as you can and do both sides. Can be done on a bed if the floor is not an option.

Thursday............kicks. Raise your arms above your head and lower them down as you kick out right leg first then left leg. You don't have to kick very high just kick!

Friday..............sideways stretch. bring your arms above the head, hands meeting, then gently stretch to one side keeping arms together and out. Hold for a count of 15 then slowing come back up, then stretch gently to the other side. Hold for 20 and you are done.

Saturday............deep breaths. Feet hip width apart. start by bringing your hands together as if praying, then bring your arms up over your head as you breathe in , hold for a second or so, then exhale as you bring your arms down out to the sides.

Sunday...........drink drink drink. WATER that is. At least 8 glasses if not more.

Have fun with whatever you decide to do. It makes it easier.

Replies

• Joe_Atlanta
    Joe_Atlanta Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This looks doable. I'm in.
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to start this week. I'm in!
  • walkswithart
    walkswithart Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    YES !! I can do these, and I love the suggestions. Thanks so much.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Thanks Californiagirl. You know I love these challenges because some days they are all I get done. Since I didn't see these until late in the day, I'll start tomorrow.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    These are great - I missed Monday but will catch up....punch punch punch!

Jean
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Options
    Alright, the punching was easier than I thought. Apparently my body still remembers the Taekwondo lessons I took back in the mid '70s. My brain doesn't, everything but the uniforms and the bowing is lost in the mists of time ;^) .
  • walkswithart
    Options
    chop - chop - chop ....
  • kdbug414
    kdbug414 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks CaliforniaGirl......just what I need! Very doable and giving me a goal!
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wood's all chopped and stacked! :bigsmile:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see you all here and doing these. Thanks. I guess I will continue on each week. Now, I best get my wood chopped and actually do the boxing too. I forgot yesterday :( My bad lol
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I love punching!
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    Wood chops right to left are easier than left to right...lol :bigsmile:

Jean
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Did both punching and chopping.
  • orygunred
    orygunred Posts: 20
    Options
    You are pretty awesome to put these suggestions/challenges up for us. I am new. First week. These look do-able! Will you be posting on Sundays or Mondays? Thanks!
  • gramanana
    Options
    OK Californiagirl--punching, chopping and leg lifting done! I really needed these this week because I don't seem to have the energy for anything else, so thank you very much.:flowerforyou:
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    You are pretty awesome to put these suggestions/challenges up for us. I am new. First week. These look do-able! Will you be posting on Sundays or Mondays? Thanks!

orygunred, thank you so much. Yes, I will try to continue posting them on Sunday evening, or first thing Monday. I did them for the longest time, but thought most were getting bored with them, so stopped. I try to put new ones each week, then after a few weeks, we are back to the same ol ones. Good luck to you on your journey. There are many good people here in the forum who will encourage you.
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Options
    Wood chopped, no problem. Leg lifts, yikes!
  • gramanana
    Options
    Kicks done!
  • Joe_Atlanta
    Options
    Kicks done. BTW, I think for us balance challenged I think it's ok to stand in a door way and hold onto the sides if you are falling over on the kicks.
  • walkswithart
    Options
    Ok, I'm all caught up. The stretches today felt especially good, I did a few other stretches. Thanks Cali!