Body Revolution- Mid June Start Date

Options
staceypunk
staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
Hey guys!

I am starting my second round of Jillian's Body Revolution Program this coming Monday. Who's in?

Please add me if you are starting around the same time :)

Here are my results from round 1:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/829639-results

(you have to scroll through the thread a bit to see the pics)

I don't have much weight to lose this time but want to get as ripped as I can for the summer!

Replies

• BestRevenge99
    BestRevenge99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Round 2 today. I had great results first time around (Nov-Feb) but I have totally let things slip fitness wise since then. Looking forward to getting that body back!
  • crisdai
    crisdai Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hi

i started today too.it is my second time around.the first time i made only up to the end of the workouts 5 and 6 and then i got sick then my daughter got sick, so i stopped.this time i want to finish it.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I bought the BR kit today and just finished my very first workout. :)
  • missingone
    missingone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started BR today as well. I attempted to start the program earlier this year but fell off the wagon. I am DESPERATE to lose baby weight. I am soooo terrible at staying motivated when trying to lose weight and get in shape. I LOVE hearing of your success stories from the first BR round. You did awesome!!!

Baby will turn 1 in 2 months. I have 10 pounds of baby weight to lose (and I want that gone by her birthday), and 10 more to lose everything I've gained since my husband and I met 5 years ago.

Hoping this group can help keep me motivated! :)
  • missingone
    Options
    Question for those who are on their second round of BR: Did you do any sort of "extra credit" exercise activity in addition to the daily DVDs?
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post.
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Question for those who are on their second round of BR: Did you do any sort of "extra credit" exercise activity in addition to the daily DVDs?
    I walked or biked in addition to BR every day. I only burn about 140-220 calories per BR toning workout and maybe 250-280 for the cardio ones. Since I feel better when I eat a lot, I get enough exercise to burn at least 400 calories for the day. Usually 500-700. Biking and walking give a good burn without being hard on the body.
  • Gatus98
    Gatus98 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going to do another round of Phase 3. I don't want to commit to another three months! I'll be ready to move on after a month, but it's definitley one of the best 30-35 minute workouts that I've ever done. I'll have to work my running into at least three days, as well. It's so much more feasible to make time for a 30 minute workout, though. I care for very small children, and sometimes I just can't leave them unattended for one hour! Here we go again...
  • staceypunk
    Options
    I'm going to do another round of Phase 3. I don't want to commit to another three months! I'll be ready to move on after a month, but it's definitley one of the best 30-35 minute workouts that I've ever done. I'll have to work my running into at least three days, as well. It's so much more feasible to make time for a 30 minute workout, though. I care for very small children, and sometimes I just can't leave them unattended for one hour! Here we go again...

Yay!!!! I luv you Gatus!
  • staceypunk
    Options

I did not for the first round. I am considering it for this round, especially now that I am used to working out for one hour. I'm waiting to see if I get sore but after days 1 & 2, it's not bad at all so I should add on soemthing.

Part of me wants to get back to only working out for 35 minutes. It just fits my life better. If I can maintain what I've got with just 35 minutes I'd be content!
  • BestRevenge99
    BestRevenge99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Same goes for me. I didn't double up on workouts the first round but I'm adding quite a bit of extra walking this time around. Once my knee is better I'm thinking of adding running 3 days/week.

I'm also thinking I might to the rapid start double up week half way through the program, because last time around I hit a plateau around that point, might give me the boost I need.

Happy workouts everyone!
  • missingone
    Options
    Thanks for the responses on the "extra" workouts. Glad to hear what has worked for you all! I'd really like to add in a 10-minute ab video into the mix, as Phase 1 so far doesn't have much for ab workouts.

So today is day 2 and I missed my opportunity to work out this morning/early afternoon like I prefer to. Already I'm thinking....oh I can just skip today. THIS IS MY PROBLEM! I do this every time i start a workout routine. It's horrible. So glad that we all started at the same time, as this group gives me some accountability to not fall behind. I hope we will all still be at it 90 days from now, and sharing our success stories!!!

I have never used forums before, so this is really getting out of my comfort zone for me. For some reason they make me feel silly about myself and like I wouldn't want anyone I know to read my stuff. I'm weird like that. But, I need the accountability so badly. So...thank you to whomever started this group --- let's do this!! :-)
  • missingone
    Options
    Question for you all: How do you calculate the calories on your JMBR workout sessions?
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Question for you all: How do you calculate the calories on your JMBR workout sessions?

I use a heart rate monitor to determine calories burned. Also in response to your question about additional workouts, this is just my first round of BR, but I have an energetic 2 y/o Australian Shepherd that would be very disappointed if we didn't take our 3-4 weekly walks, and I've just started the C25K program. I'm not planning on giving that up either. But I have been in the habit of working out to videos in the morning and going for walks/jogs in the evening since January.
  • staceypunk
    Options

For my first round I used a hear rate monitor. I loved having one because it gave me a sense of control and accuracy so it was one less thing I had to stress about. Mine is the Polar Ft4 and it's like $65 on amazon. From what I can recall I was burning 200-250 for phase one and 300-350 for the rest. The reasons why I am not using a heart rate monitor now is because I am doing the TDEE method and because I need to buy a chest strap. I started having problems about 6 months after purchase. I replaced the watch battery but am still having problems so need to buy the chest strap from what I've read here on MFP.
    I was in a serious zone eating 1200 cals plus whatever my burn was and losing like 2 pounds a week. I wonder if I went back to that what would happen? I was always hungry though, which is most of why I turned to TDEE. But I have so much less to lose (many would argue I have none to lose) and I think it's just harder when you are dealing with 5 pounds as opposed to 50.

Before I had my HRM I did some google searches and MFP searches and compared those results to the MFP Circuit Training entry. I found an awesome website that gave calorie burns for Insanity, 30 day shred Body Revolution, etc. I though I book marked it but can't find it, sorry! But it exisits.
  • marieann82
    marieann82 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I decided this morning to do round two. I completed the program minus the last two weeks (due to a massive head cold before my family vacation). Had great results and want to do it again with 10 pounders. I will most likely start in at workouts 3 and 4 since it was only a few weeks ago that I was at workouts 9 and 10.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    I decided this morning to do round two. I completed the program minus the last two weeks (due to a massive head cold before my family vacation). Had great results and want to do it again with 10 pounders. I will most likely start in at workouts 3 and 4 since it was only a few weeks ago that I was at workouts 9 and 10.

I didn't realize that the program was actually 13 weeks and only did 12. Shhh! I still consider it as completed. And Welcome Marie!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options

Most of us that don't have a HRM use circtuit training. Also, on the ab thing. I started incorporating in slow, controlled bicycles after the end of each workout. I think it was Shaun T that said about working your abs after your regular workout bc your muscles are fatigued and you can get more bang for your buck. I would do 50 (25 on each leg) of them after a workout.

You will see more ab work and definition in phase 2 :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • kathykt160
    kathykt160 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in. Just ending the circuit , however I've added to it and attempting Turbofire except so not cordinated, may stick to JM - luv her routines.
  • staceypunk
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Most of you are on my daily feed now anyhow, but for anyone who isn't- how was your first week?

I am happy to report that JMBR is still kicking my butt! I just have to find the sweet spots. So I do mostly the advanced moves and increased weights. For workouts 1&2 I have been using 8&10 pound dumb bells for the front of the body and 10&15's for the back of the body. Using the 15's is exhilarating. I really have to grunt and work hard to make the end reps of a set happen. This morning, it triggered some natural endorphin's and that is such a great feeling.

My absolute favorite move so far is the deadlift with the bicep curl, using 15's. LOVE IT!