TUESDAY, JUNE 18th

Options
blam
blam Posts: 110
Posting this thread early and am hopeful for tomorrow. I had a much better week - figured I needed to actually DO something versus talking about it. Fingers crossed!

I really appreciate having this group to connect with and honestly think that this third week of effort may not have happened otherwise. The old me would have given up when I gained back what I had lost and gone back to my unhealthy ways.

You all are my motivation so please keep posting and sharing your successes and failures. From what I can see, we've all been in the same places many times.

Looking forward to everyone's post tomorrow!!!!!

Replies

• gwangjujulie
    Options
    LW: 199.5

TW: 199.5

Had some really bad emotional eating days in the last week! Yesterday I gave myself a talking to and adjusted my total calorie allowance (up a bit, I think I'd gone too low and was in a too low/binge cycle!) and changed my macros a bit more. Fingers crossed for next week.

I'm counting on seeing all of your successes to keep me inspired; well that and any one like me who didnt make it this week but is determined to keep plodding along.....we'll get there in the end :wink:
  • prayaas
    prayaas Posts: 30
    Options
    No weight loss this week but then no weight gain either :smile: So I am looking forward to next Tuesday where I can hopefully report some loss.

Thanks blam & everyone else for the motivation :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations to those who lost weight this Tuesday. Keep it up !!
    Those who didn't, hope we make it next week !!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    SW: 257
    LW: 251
    CW: 249

-2lbs, Hooray!
  • blam
    Options
    Way to go lstarr09!!! You're in the 40'S and with your weight loss must be feeling the difference in your clothes :)

Last week I was 232.0
    This week 228.8

Funny, though, my knee jerk reaction was to think "is that all?" - and then I kicked myself in the butt and reframed my thinking. I'm excited to be in the 20's (haven't been there in a while) and am saying goodbye to the '30's forever!

I can see how my head plays tricks on me - I lost 2 the first week, coasted on the second week so gained it back, and now made up (a bit) on the third week but was initially disappointed that it wasn't more. All these little 'hiccups' would have previously been enough for me to give up.

Thanks to this group, though, I'm motivated to keep plugging along.

I'm aiming for another 2 pounds next week - and will be HAPPY with two pounds!!!! (226.8)

Looking forward to people's posts this week (gain, loss, insights, whatever). :drinker:

Anyone have any rewards planned for themselves at weight loss milestones?? I'm thinking a pedicure at 10lbs.
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    SW: 195
    Wk1: 192.4
    Wk2: 194
    Wk 3: 192.5

-1.5# this week! I'll take it, esp since I didn't do the greatest job on food choices OR exercise. I really didn't expect the scale to go down at all. Proof again that weight loss is not linear and you just have to keep trying and keep going.

Congrats to those that lost!!! And to those that didn't, don't give up!!! Just keep going and it will happen!
  • blam
    Options
    Awesome reallymyBEST! That scale keeps moving down - you must be feeling great. Looking at your ticker it looks like you're over half-way to your goal. *JEALOUS*
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Here I am with my weigh in :
    SW: 232.6
    LW: 226.8
    CW: 226

-0.8lb. I wish it was more but I'm happy with that considering that in the past week I had two out of track meal , one was submerged in wine and cocktails :ohwell: and mostly I havent been exercising much or intensely since my knee has been hurting... Hoping to making it to 2 pounds by next week!

Wahoo blam! 3.2 pounds! You're making up for the lost time huh:laugh: Glad that you changed your way of seeing it, 3.2 in a week is great!
    Congrats to everyone who's staying committed to this even if they don't see the results they want. We need to keep pushing and it will all pay off!!!:drinker:

Where are you other posters?? We are 100+ in this group and I've seen just a few of us regularly posting!!

I forgot to add about my reward system! :smile: I decided to reward myself every 25 pounds I lose, my first reward was starting to do my nails regularly again. For the next one, I'm still debating it but It will probably be a haircut/color thing. My rewards are focused on my appearance, I want to start taking care of myself more so I can feel pretty or good about myself because as I gained weight and the self esteem decreased, I completely let myself go ....I'm gaining back my old me!! :bigsmile:
  • Lisaget2awesome
    Lisaget2awesome Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am checking in, but not where I hope to be, but not giving in!!!!

LW 196.5
    CW 195.8
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Last week: 144.6
    Current week: 143.6

Only a lb! :/
  • blam
    Options
    Congrast gogojodee & Lisaget2awaso! the scale is moving in the right direction - keep it up.

Slow weight loss is permanent weight loss.

If it were fast and drastic, the numbers show that it would likely come back with the year.
  • blam
    Options
    Hey Diamond005 - you're almost ready for your second reward (5 lbs until 50 - that's INCREDIBLE!!).

The scale is still moving in the right direction - way to go on persevering through a tough week and sore knee.

Keep in touch!
  • missmissica
    missmissica Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    LW: 168.2
    CW: 166

HUZZAH!
  • Diamond05
    Options
    Hey Diamond005 - you're almost ready for your second reward (5 lbs until 50 - that's INCREDIBLE!!).

The scale is still moving in the right direction - way to go on persevering through a tough week and sore knee.

Keep in touch!

Thank you! Im actually closer than that, ticker isn't showing right again :grumble: , Im at 46.8 pound lost! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • jzychowicz
    jzychowicz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So I had an awful week. Gained 1/2 lb. Way too much stress eating which has always been my problem. Have to get the scale moving back in the right direction for next week.
  • scling83
    scling83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I didn't post last week although I lost my two pounds! This week I'm posting but haven't lost a thing. Gained 0.8lbs but I'm hoping it is water weight (hormonal). I have been lacking in enthusiasm and motivation a bit the last few days but well done to everyone who has made progress! And here's to next week's weigh-in! :smile:
  • scling83
    scling83 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

-0.8lb. I wish it was more but I'm happy with that considering that in the past week I had two out of track meal , one was submerged in wine and cocktails :ohwell: and mostly I havent been exercising much or intensely since my knee has been hurting... Hoping to making it to 2 pounds by next week!

Wahoo blam! 3.2 pounds! You're making up for the lost time huh:laugh: Glad that you changed your way of seeing it, 3.2 in a week is great!
    Congrats to everyone who's staying committed to this even if they don't see the results they want. We need to keep pushing and it will all pay off!!!:drinker:

Where are you other posters?? We are 100+ in this group and I've seen just a few of us regularly posting!!

I forgot to add about my reward system! :smile: I decided to reward myself every 25 pounds I lose, my first reward was starting to do my nails regularly again. For the next one, I'm still debating it but It will probably be a haircut/color thing. My rewards are focused on my appearance, I want to start taking care of myself more so I can feel pretty or good about myself because as I gained weight and the self esteem decreased, I completely let myself go ....I'm gaining back my old me!! :bigsmile:

Good for you! The reward system is an excellent idea. I thought about doing something similar but couldn't come up with a good but inexpensive idea. Yours are brilliant. And well done on your loss! :smile:
  • Diamond05
    Options

Good for you! The reward system is an excellent idea. I thought about doing something similar but couldn't come up with a good but inexpensive idea. Yours are brilliant. And well done on your loss! :smile:

Humm! I don't know about where you are from but here they have hairdresser schools and you can go there to get your hair cut, coloration, curl at a fraction of the price! It's supervised by an experienced hairdresser so there's no worry! You sould check into that. I have a friend that went there and she was happy all the times! I might even try it myself!

If not, you could also buy a piece of clothing, a new pair of earing, purse, shoes...lol so many ways..

Thank you and congrats on your loss too!! This week might be a little pain in the... but lke you said it's probably water retention . Might be food waste... Anway keep doing the good work, it will pay off!
  • Moonflower83
    Moonflower83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all, good job on those losses!!

My progress:

May 28: 156
    June 4: 155
    June 11: 152
    Today: 152 (boo)

So no loss this week, but I can relate to what Blam posted earlier - I looked at my last weeks loss and just coasted. (BWT, congrats on that 3+ lbs loss, good stuff!! :flowerforyou: )

Last week I got only a few hours of exercise, and had a few beers instead. (With my dad for father's day.)

But I've been getting frustrated with my results, I just want to lose this weight already. I'm tired of people referring to me as 'a bigger girl'. I thought I'd try a juice fast - something to get some serious results. Well I tried a few glasses one day, and it wasn't bad at first, but there was no way I could make it my breakfast, lunch and dinner. By my third glass, I was sick of the smell of vegetables. I went out and got an everything burrito. Mmmm, NO REGRETS. :laugh:

Lesson learned: I love solid food. I also love not being hungry with a headache. But most important, I need to find the right balance. I have a bit of an issue with portion control and mindless snacking. I tell myself to eat several smaller meals, snack on vegetables and drink lots of water. I do these things, on occasion. I guess I just have to be consistent... and patient.

Here's to next week! :drinker:
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    No loss yet. ???? But decided to post every week regardless. Still working on getting rid of my gain from week 1.
  • kinismar8
    kinismar8 Posts: 14
    Options
    I haven't been around lately, went away with my hubby. I had a great time. I stayed the same this week, which is ok. Really need to refocus and get back down to basics. congrats to all the great success stories this week, keep it going ladies!