What program should I choose for a month?

Options
niiice
niiice Posts: 10 Member
Hey girls!!
I'm 5'5 and I weight 139 lbs. My goal is to loose 11 lbs in 6 weeks - I'm already eating clean and right, drinking a lot of water... What do you think is the best plan/program of workouts to follow of all? I'm thinking in a 6 week goal because I'm going on vacations after that.
I have moderate cardio conditioning, but my strength is not that good (I can only do knee push ups, and not many!! :p).

Replies

• AradiaStone
    AradiaStone Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    11 pounds in two weeks, so thats around 2 pounds a week. Which is totally doable since you are eating right and keeping your water up. I managed to lose ten pounds with the 30ds. I did a combo though (I walked and cycled too). I started out burning 250 cals a day, six days a week and worked it up to a 500 burn a day. It was too intense for me and thats why I fell of the wagon. But thats me not you. I totally bet you could pull through it :) Any of her workouts would probably do as they work everything ;)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Ugh they sure do work everything.... LOL
  • niiice
    Options
    I've started her 30DS and the RI30 but I got bored to do it everyday! Did you do it 6 times a week and walking/cycling til you burn 500Kcal a day? That's great !

You can say 11 pounds is doable but I'm struggling with them my whole life, I've weighted this for ever :p As I don't have much weight to loose is more difficult (my final final goal is to loose around 15 pounds)
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism gets in some SERIOUS cardio for a great calorie burn, I found it good for stubborn pounds! I also combined it with No More Trouble Zones which is strength based, to try and get a good balance between the two. NMTZ isn't that hardcore but works you deceptively hard, and after a couple of weeks of it I finally graduated to a single proper push up :)
  • AradiaStone
    Options
    Yah its hard :( but it is doable! :) most especially if you are eating clean and under the cal goal. Is that not working for you? Have you taken your measurments? They are way more important than weight as when you work out the fat turns to muscle and ends up weighing more, but you look toner. I am so not a clean eater and find that harder than exercise :( I did the shred six days a week and on top of that I would burn the extra cals with walking and cycling. I burned 250 cals for the first week or so then I burned 500cals after that for six days a week. Very intense though and I felt like all I was doing was exercising, but in the end taking care of yourself is extremely important. Its all how you look at things. Cycling on a stationary bike is a REALLY good way to burn those extra cals.
  • AradiaStone
    Options
    Banish Fat Boost Metabolism gets in some SERIOUS cardio for a great calorie burn, I found it good for stubborn pounds! I also combined it with No More Trouble Zones which is strength based, to try and get a good balance between the two. NMTZ isn't that hardcore but works you deceptively hard, and after a couple of weeks of it I finally graduated to a single proper push up :)

Awesome!! Thanks for that!!
  • niiice
    Options
    Yah its hard :( but it is doable! :) most especially if you are eating clean and under the cal goal. Is that not working for you? Have you taken your measurments? They are way more important than weight as when you work out the fat turns to muscle and ends up weighing more, but you look toner. I am so not a clean eater and find that harder than exercise :( I did the shred six days a week and on top of that I would burn the extra cals with walking and cycling. I burned 250 cals for the first week or so then I burned 500cals after that for six days a week. Very intense though and I felt like all I was doing was exercising, but in the end taking care of yourself is extremely important. Its all how you look at things. Cycling on a stationary bike is a REALLY good way to burn those extra cals.

Thank you! :) I think if I eat clean and spend that calories it will obviously work, but of course it's hard. I try to eat clean but I don't have the patience to count the calories (it makes me loose too much time as the great part of the things I eat is homemade, even the bread!).
    I can't do that much effort right now (I'm gonna workout 4x/week) as I'm in exams from college, but 2 weeks from now I'll be on vacations and going to follow your advice.

I think I spend too much time on thinking what program should I follow instead of get out and workout!
  • AradiaStone
    Options
    Lol, you are going to do awesome! Stay focused and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Make it a lifestyle not a diet plan ;) You got this ;)
  • niiice
    Options
    Lol, you are going to do awesome! Stay focused and don't put too much pressure on yourself. Make it a lifestyle not a diet plan ;) You got this ;)

That's right, that is the better thing to do!
    What about TurboFire, is that good for this results?
    So should I do an hybrid program?
  • AradiaStone
    Options
    I haven't done turbo fire. Do what you think can handle. Best bet is to work up to it a higher cal burn so as not to stress yourself out...hope this helps. I'm not an expert though!
  • ModelMomMD
    ModelMomMD Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Well Everyone,

Jillian successfully kicked my butt today! Her Extreme Shed and Shred is AWESOME, I was sweating so much that I could feel the sweat rolling from my under arms down to my legs! The only issue I have with it is that it's a new routine for me and feel like I can't get into it and keep the best posture and technique to get what I need out of it? If I were to start with my older dvds such as 30 Day Shred, NMTZ, and Fat blasting Metabolism I would really know I was holding proper technique since I have done it so often. I'm also thinking about mixing my Zumba Exhilerate dvds with Jillian in order to get a better burn, but we will see :)

I am not as sore as I tend to be after a workout, but we will really know by tomorrow. I think tomorrow I will do my workout earlier in the day instead of later. Hopefully, I can graduate to at least an hour of workout time tomorrow. The Extreme Shed and Shred was so intense (and this was my first time trying this dvd and my first day back at working out) = I only worked out for 30 minutes or part 1 of the dvd. Wish my luck and a great sleep :)

Good Night All,
    Health and Wealth
    ModelMomMD
  • niiice
    Options
    Well Everyone,

Jillian successfully kicked my butt today! Her Extreme Shed and Shred is AWESOME, I was sweating so much that I could feel the sweat rolling from my under arms down to my legs! The only issue I have with it is that it's a new routine for me and feel like I can't get into it and keep the best posture and technique to get what I need out of it? If I were to start with my older dvds such as 30 Day Shred, NMTZ, and Fat blasting Metabolism I would really know I was holding proper technique since I have done it so often. I'm also thinking about mixing my Zumba Exhilerate dvds with Jillian in order to get a better burn, but we will see :)

I am not as sore as I tend to be after a workout, but we will really know by tomorrow. I think tomorrow I will do my workout earlier in the day instead of later. Hopefully, I can graduate to at least an hour of workout time tomorrow. The Extreme Shed and Shred was so intense (and this was my first time trying this dvd and my first day back at working out) = I only worked out for 30 minutes or part 1 of the dvd. Wish my luck and a great sleep :)

Good Night All,
    Health and Wealth
    ModelMomMD

Great ! I've tried that one too and I hurt my wrist on the first time :( but it's very intense, oh yeah!
  • AradiaStone
    Options
    Well Everyone,

Good Night All,
    Health and Wealth
    ModelMomMD

Well done!!! Remember the more you do it the more you will learn the proper techniques and such for the workout! But I understand I also go to the Shred as I like to predict the next move and know when I will be finished lol