2 week eat clean challenge

Options
Yeah, I know its a bit of an awkward time to start a challenge but I've been going to a lot of graduation parties and watnot lately and fell off the wagon a little. I really need to tone up for the summer and the last time I did this challenge I lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks! Its great for those just starting eating clean (not too long, you see results fast) and great for those who have been eating clean for a while but have been slacking a little the past couple weeks (me). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone would like to join. The parameters go a little like this;

-Absolutely no refined sugars (honey's all right but in moderation)
-Avoid refined carbohydrates (white flour, white rice, ect.)
-2L o' water a day

Now this is an eating challenge so pairing it with an exercise plan is not required, but recommended. Last time I did this I had no set exercise goals and ended up going to the gym only 2-3 times per week, though now I'm aiming for 6-7.

We'll be starting on Monday (tomorrow) though you can join anytime and just end a little later. :smile:

Replies

• Nada_2021
    Nada_2021 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey Gwen! I'm so glad I've found this group at the right time! I've been thinking of going healthy for a long time, I've already stopped drinking soda for about 3 or 4 months now! =D I just started drinking fresh juices since yesterday and I'm enjoying them so much!

I don't know much about healthy eating or refined stuff, so some help would be awesome!

Best of luck to us all =D

PS: Please pin this post!
  • gretchygirl32
    gretchygirl32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon the past couple of days (or maybe past few days), so I think this challenge is just what I need. It'll be tough, but I'm ready! :-)
  • ChristinaNamaste
    Options
    Challenge accepted! I have been slipping and sliding here and there. I will join you to eat clean these next 2 weeks.
  • civy17
    civy17 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just a few questions before I give this a try:

Are you including alcohol on your challenge, or permitting it? Is there a linkable set of rules? Natural sugar in fruit is kosher to this challenge?

Been working on reducing my processed sugar intake for the past couple of weeks, so I might be ready to try to go with almost none of it.
  • GwenEllyle
    Options
    Natural sugars in fruits and such as fine. I haven't really thought about alcohol but I guess it'd be fine in moderation. The first few days are always tough (you feel really tired when suddenly deprived of sugar) but after that its pretty much clear sailing.
  • kelsek29
    kelsek29 Posts: 3
    Options
    This is perfect. I am totally in. :)
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • BriansMama13
    BriansMama13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in! I downloaded the MFP app a couple of months ago right after my son was born and I've been trying to psych myself up to get serious about using it. This seems like a perfect way to start!
  • GwenEllyle
    Options
    Happy day 1 everybody! How's yours going? I forgot to go shopping yesterday so I've been living off leftovers and its making me grouchy, but otherwise I'm pretty pumped. :happy:
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking water like it's my job today haha :) I'm definitely feeling tired from less sugar in my diet today, but I'm staying strong!
  • gretchygirl32
    Options
    I can't believe I've stuck to it all day! My son got a huge ice cream cone, and usually my treat is to take a few big bites, but I didn't. That's a big victory for me! My head is hurting tonight though. I'm not sure if it's because of the challenge or what, but I know it'll pass regardless. I'm really happy to be doing this challenge. I really needed the motivation!
  • kelsek29
    Options
    Eating clean makes me feel so much happier & energetic. I don't feel like I am depriving myself of anything, especially flavor! It's amazing what can be done with FRESH foods!

Keep going everybody!
  • GwenEllyle
    Options
    Same! It makes me feel a lot more motivated to exercise as well.
  • gretchygirl32
    Options
    I feel so much better today. I'm really glad we are doing this challenge. I love looking at my food log and not seeing anything at all bad on there.
  • kelsek29
    Options
    I feel so much better today. I'm really glad we are doing this challenge. I love looking at my food log and not seeing anything at all bad on there.

Yes! It's great to feel like everything I eat is nourishing my body, helping me towards my goal, and making me happy! :)
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join the challenge! I need a kick in the butt to stick to my plan, this might be just what I need!

I've been eating clean for about 6 months now, but have slipped back to old habits in the last few weeks.

I CAN and WILL do this!

Let's roll!
  • gretchygirl32
    Options
    Is it to late to join the challenge! I need a kick in the butt to stick to my plan, this might be just what I need!

Welcome to the challenge!
  • UCDlaura
    UCDlaura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Did clean eating a few months back and it did amazing things for me. Fell off the wagon and trying to get back into it. So glad to find this challenge. Also looking for friends to hold me accountable so anyone is free to friend me
  • RelativeChaos00
    RelativeChaos00 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We've been eating about 80% clean for the last month or so, we've gradually worked up to it more, so I'm kinda with you guys! I promised my husband one unhealthy meal if I passed my personal trainer's exam... he got his pizza and ice cream today. :D Back to as-clean-as-possible tomorrow!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I''d like to give this a shot as well ........ was starting an "anti-inflammatory" way of eating because of joint & muscle pain ........ fruit is fine, so is a bit of dark chocolate ...... but regular sugar (and all its little friends) has always been a major contributor to my aches & pains ...... you'd think I'd be smart enough to stay away from the stuff :noway:

This is the perfect time to challenge myself !