chit-chat

Options
mistij68
mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
If you have any questions about the diet or just want to talk about how you're doing during the process, please use this forum to discuss what ever is on your mind. Also use the for motivation and support. Nobody likes going through it alone. So please feel free to write your thoughts, concerns and any helpful ideas that you have found that has helped you so far. For me I feel that planning things ahead of time is better for me. Because sometimes life is just hectic, with work and/or taking care of children and just life in general. I like buying the smoothies in the store, such as Odwalla, Naked, Bolthouse, and now Cutie brand smoothies. They have the big bottles for you to use at home but they also have the single serving size so that you can take it with you. Also I buy Purdue perfect portions chicken breast , which is the right serving size(5oz) for this diet and I buy the great value brand single servings of fish. I don't know if your stores carry it my store is Shaw's/ Star Market. If your store doesn't carry it you can always have the fish dept. cut it up in the right portion size for you and freeze it. What ever makes it easier for you to stick to this diet.... do! Because you want to succeed. You've come too far to quit now!

Replies

• MzzAmbitious
    MzzAmbitious Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello there!! I'm soooo glad that I found this group! I started the Shred Diet a few weeks ago and am on Week 3 Day 4. It seems that's about where you all are as well. Is that correct? I did great my first two weeks but am struggling this week because it is leaving me hungry. As a result, I cheated last night and ate a salad with grilled chicken when I should have had a smoothie. I know that the diet says you can make slight modification, but how do you know if you are making a smart modification? I hope I didn't screw myself up by cheating last night.
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well no, you didn't totally screw it up. A salad and grilled chicken is not so bad. I know week three is a Killer! All these smoothies and shakes don't always cut it. But don't forget to drink plenty of water at least 8 8oz glasses a day. If you feel hungry drink water first, because you are supposed to drink a cup of water before a meal and a cup of water during a meal. See if that works also, don't for get you have your snacks, because I'm on week 3 day 5 and today we can have four snacks, three 150 calories and one 100 calorie so that should help. Choose your snacks wisely, there are a lot to choose from, pick the one that are more satisfying to you and are easy to make or have access to. Also today is the day we have a turkey sandwich, so that's pretty filling especially with the small salad you can have with it. But please stick with it, you're doing great! You've made it this far, you're half way there! :smile: