Online binge eating scale test

Options

Replies

• Shadowcub
    Shadowcub Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Your score was 24 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 18 - 26 range indicate moderate Binge eating behavior.

Maybe I don't really belong here?
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    26 for me.

Sometimes I'm on thins tumblr and MFP so much that my mind's just one food and calories like 24-7. Then when a binge happens I'm like dude I should know better than to do this! Each bite of muffin is like x minutes of the treadmill rawr!!
  • Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I got a 21. I figured it was in the moderate category. I used to binge every other day to begin with..now I seem to have a binge every 7-10 days on average, and hope it gets better in time.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I scored 23 (moderate)...not as bad as i thought, it shows i have made progress over the last few months. I still obsess about food, eat it, then feel guilty about having eaten it...need to work on that.
  • Finnellappe
    Options
    I scored a 27, severe. Hopefully I'll knock it down quite a bit in a few months!
  • lemonsquare6
    Options
    I took this test a couple of weeks ago and scored something like 35 - severe. The beauty of this kind of a test for me is that it took me a really long time to admit I was a binge eater.. or that it was at all a problem. I thought others probably deal with it worse and I just wouldn't admit I had a disorder.

I was struggling with my own mind to handle it on my own or actually research and look for help. I eventually came to realization, I do have a problem, I do have a disorder (doesn't matter how severe) and looked for help. The forums have been a wonder to admit that I have a binge eating disorder and I have been about 2 weeks free :) Hoping to stay strong.

Thanks to you guys!
  • AdriSaysRelax
    Options
    Your score was 33 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 27 - 46 range indicate severe Binge eating behavior.

I was sorta shocked. I figured the way I ate was, if not normal, not disordered. Restrictive phase right now so it was hard to answer honestly, but dude.

All or nothing. Thaaat's me.

*kitten*.
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    an unsurprising 28 for me will retake after a few weeks to see if its worse better or still the same
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I scored a 27. One of the things that is so true for me. i think about food 24/7. It never used to be like that. Even when I was overweight. I am hoping that this group will help me control my binges. I am so tired of making progress and then binging for weeks at a time just to gain the weight back.
  • DucksandOranges
    DucksandOranges Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    And.... I was a 30. The scary part is years ago I'm sure I would've been closer to a 46. Its hard for me to even imagine not feeling those things.
  • aishazi
    aishazi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    31 for me..

Didn't think it was that bad tbh!

Don't really know how to change my mindset to stop though :/ feels like a constant battle :(
  • EeveeSkitty
    Options
    23...I don't know how to feel about that. I guess it's what I expected, but it doesn't make it less scary to have the truth staring in your face.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I scored a 23 for moderate Binge eating behavior.

I guess it could have been worse. I think I've been getting better. I should take this quiz again in the future.
  • Frostbitten007
    Frostbitten007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I scored a 9! Not bad :)
  • krenlw
    krenlw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I scored a 39, severe Binge eating behavior. Now what do I do? :'(
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I scored a 39, severe Binge eating behavior. Now what do I do? :'(

You work on it. Get support, find new strategies to beat the binge. You can get your score down with time! <3
  • Rachelesa94
    Options
    New to this group and so glad i've found it!

I scored a 36-severe :(
    Not suprised though, always knew my eating habits aren't normal.
    But i feel like i will never be normal when it comes to eating :(
  • brigit628
    brigit628 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    great link...I got a 24, moderate. This is something that i am aware of, and trying to do better. It's a daily battle
  • Amy11108
    Amy11108 Posts: 74
    Options
    Ouch...

Your score was 36 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 27 - 46 range indicate severe Binge eating behavior.
  • Amy11108
    Amy11108 Posts: 74
    Options
    New to this group and so glad i've found it!

I scored a 36-severe :(
    Not suprised though, always knew my eating habits aren't normal.
    But i feel like i will never be normal when it comes to eating :(

That's how I feel. The way I see it, I am never going to be a normal eater. So I'm either going to binge myself to 600 lbs, or count every calorie obsessively. At least with the latter I will be healthier. Maybe someday I will be able to maintain but I think I am going to struggle with this my whole life