Week 1 - Welcome

jeremyw1977
jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
Welcome to my TurboFire group.
My motivation is to start a group of others with the goal to get through Chalean Johnson's 84 days of calorie burning goodness.
Share your tales, your struggles, your tips and tricks, and those little things you do to motivate you to push PLAY every day.

Let's keep it clean, and get dirty.

Replies

• jeremyw1977
    I know some might be starting on Sunday, and some starting on Monday.
    Whatevern day you choose, here's the coming schedule and discussion thread for Week 1:

Day 1: Fire 30 Class / Stretch 10 Class
    Day 2: HIIT 15 Class / Stretch 10 Class
    Day 3: REST
    Day 4: Fire 30 Class / Stretch 10 Class
    Day 5: Fire 55 EZ Class
    Day 6: Fire 30 Class / Stretch 10 Class
    Day 7: Core 20 Class / Stretch 40 Class
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    I'm planning to start today since I'd prefer Sunday to be my rest day. Happy to see a group just for TurboFire, groups really help me!
  • bogden78
    Just completed day 1 and well, I'm not in love. It's WAY more dancy than I thought and I'm not coordinated with all these moves. I'll keep going, but I'm missing JM and Insanity, at least the moves made sense to me.
  • jeremyw1977
    The first time I tried one of the TurboFire workouts, it was the equivalent of patting my head and rubbing my stomach, set to music, in full body form. Since I possess zero rhythm, it was definitely a challenge.......but I'm ready to go for broke this time around.
  • Seymour32
    Seymour32 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi! I just started the program today but did have a go at some of the classes last week. I definitely recommend trying Fire 45, using 'New to Class' or breakdown versions. In these, she really slows it down and shows all of the moves slowly first. It really helped me.

I agree it is dancy and fast but I must say I am loving it so far. I enjoy JM as well and plan to incorporate some of her workouts too to get some strength training. So far, Turbofire has been fun for me. I am looking forward to trying the HIIT sessions!

So today I have done Fire 30 + Stretch 10 class
  • Hi, I already started TurboFire I've done Fire55EZ, I was out of breath and had to stop few times to drink water and take a breath.. I love chaleans energy and the music gets me going.. Today Sunday will be doing Fire30 I'm glad I found this group as i need all the support that I can get to do the 90 Days
  • Seymour32
    I've just done HIIT 15 + Stretch 10. Wow, that was tough for a 15 minute workout! I had a bit of breakfast beforehand, which was not a good idea in hindsight. Felt my tummy sloshing around, gross. Hope to do better next time. Really enjoying the program though
  • bogden78
    I also did HIIT 15 yesterday. Wasn't sure what to expect for 15 minutes, but my HR was up there! Next time I may actually do 2 rounds to get in 30 min., since that is what I am used to and I didn't burn a ton o calories, just 152 for 16min. But I liked it better than FIRE 30, probably b/c it wasn't so dancey.
  • kathykt160
    kathykt160 Posts: 16 Member
    I know exactly what you mean!! Finishing up 2nd JM Revolution and this is very dancy!!! However, I am going to do it the best that I can and continue to do JM as I need to burn those calories and I can "Push" myself more knowing what I am doing, while learning the moves with TurboFire.
  • kathykt160
    kathykt160 Posts: 16 Member
    That's what I ama doing too. I need to remember that those that are "pros' with the routine, started off beginning just like me.......Here we go with Friestarter this morning....
  • Week1 Fire30 I just finished my workout I enjoyed it a lot as it got easy and I wasnt that much out of breath I think im getting the hang of it now I burned a good 530Cals in 30 mins.. ladies hang in there the moves gets just easier by the day :0) Good Luck everyone
  • bogden78
    I know exactly what you mean!! Finishing up 2nd JM Revolution and this is very dancy!!! However, I am going to do it the best that I can and continue to do JM as I need to burn those calories and I can "Push" myself more knowing what I am doing, while learning the moves with TurboFire.

Hww do you like JM Rev??? I'm wondering if I should be doing that instead. I've done SO good with JM, I can attribute most of my weight loss to her and liking her workouts.
  • jeremyw1977
    Just cranked out Fire 30 and Stretch 10.
    Yes, it is very "dancy", as bogden stated..........which as a bulky guy, I feel somewhat awkward. It took a little bit to get the moves down, and then get into the rhythm..........but once I figured it out, I was moving and breathing and sweating.

Ultimately, does it matter 100% whether or not you're doing the moves precisely as Chalean does?
    I found that if I got lost, I would run in place or do jump rope until I was ready to hop back in, or after I figured out the sequence.
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    I don't own the dvds, but I do turbo fire once a week at my church. I just wanted to join this group, to read and learn more.
  • kahladanielle
    kahladanielle Posts: 1 Member
    Hey guys, I just found this group and I started yesterday too! Just knocked out the HIIT 15 and stretch 10 for day 2. I thought "Hey, I can do anything for 15 minutes." I was wrong. I have basically mastered TurboJam so I thought yesterday's Fire 30 workout was going to be easy, I had to pause halfway through and take a break before finishing. Today I made it through the HIIT only by reminding myself that it is "Only ___ more minutes to go!" Okay, so I *thought* I was in decent shape... I absolutely can't wait to see the progress I can make on this!!!
  • Today I did core 20 + stretch 40 i thought this will be easy but some of the stretches moves were hard.. Once i finished the workout i felt so relaxed it's amazing how these movements made me feel.. I'm happy that tomorrow is my off day yet looking forward to starting week 2..
  • jeremyw1977
    Well, I was going to do Day 2 today, but I wound up helping my in-laws do some moving prep work..........which I think burned as many calories as the HIIT 15/Stretch 10, plus some.

I am going to mix up my calendar a little bit. Since I like taking my rest day on Saturday, I'm going to jump to Day 4 tomorrow, and so on.
  • Seymour32
    Day 4 for me - another Fire 30. I didn't have time to fit in the Stretch 10. Enjoyed the workout again, think I did slightly better than Day 1 but hard to tell. Still hard!!

I feel really good so far and it's the first time I have looked forward to my workouts in a while!
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    I ended up buying turbofire, I found a great deal on craigslist. So I am now a proud owner of it. I will start it tonight.

I won't be able to do exactly the schedule you posted, because on Mondays I do Insanity or P90x group, and wed I do my turbo fire group. I also have Rev abs that my leader let me borrow for two weeks, so I will be mixing it up. I get bored very easily, if I'm doing the same program, so I like having variety. But thanks for letting me check out your group. :)
  • bogden78
    How important do people feel the Stretch is? I'm not talking the cool down type of stuff, but I guess I just prefer to do cardio exercise with my time rather than stretches.