Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    W5 D3 done!! YAY!!! When the friendly lady said, "Two more minutes to go" I wanted to scream that I could not take it anymore... :noway:

But hey, apparently I am proven wrong, because I did it!!

I wish I could do something more to celebrate, it feels really like a small victory for me :bigsmile:

Which app do you use? Not that I am in week 7 and there are no more intervals I wish zen labs c25k had a couple of prompts. I find myself pulling out my phone to check the time and make sure the app is still running.

I use the Active C25K and in Week 7 I'm having the same issue. The only prompts are to start, to run, to cool-down, and that I'm done. I'm not even getting a half-way point reminder anymore. I don't like to look at the timer because it messes with my head if I'm not as far as I think I should be, but I have been just to make sure it's still going.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    The Zenlab will tell you when to run, walk, the halfway point and the "one minute" left prompts. I've been good at not looking at the timer when I'm not walking but for the longer runs now, sometimes I start to think maybe I shut it off accidentally. I've avoided looking at it, and I'm sure I'll get more used to it.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    During W7D1 I was about to give up - it felt so hard and I was so tired and I couldn't believe I wasn't even halfway yet. I finally looked at the timer and saw I only had 8:30 left, so I was well past halfway. During W7D2 I didn't panic when it didn't tell me I was halfway (plus I was having a much easier run).
  • destructor2013
    Options
    Did W3D1 today. W2 last week was the first time I didn't have to repeat anything, so yay me. I was a bit apprehensive about going up to 3 minute runs for part of it as I snuck a peak at W3D1 before today, but when I got out there and did it I managed to push through it. It was tiring at the time and I could definitely feel it in my calves, but after I got home and showered I felt fine. Compare to this to my very first week and D1 where I couldn't even do 30 seconds without gasping for air. It truly is amazing. Hopefully W3D2 on Wednesday will go just as well.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I finished W4 this past week. Having looked ahead to W5 and realized things were about to get serious, I tried to slow my pace on W4D3 so I could find a pace I felt I could run for a longer time. So my pace was slower (intentionally) but I felt much better at the end of my run. I am hoping that helps me this week.

While I am looking forward to hitting W5 this week, unfortunately summer is hitting hard at the same time. Hot and humid weather are forecasted all week. I have no clue how that will effect my run, but it can't be good. Either way I will give it my all.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    W5D3 on Saturday and W6D3 this morning. Today's run was just under the pace that I ran it pre-op!

I'm doing the distance version from RunDouble, so today's run was 2.25 mi at a pace of 11:58 min/mi.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    W5D3 on Saturday and W6D3 this morning. Today's run was just under the pace that I ran it pre-op!

I'm doing the distance version from RunDouble, so today's run was 2.25 mi at a pace of 11:58 min/mi.
    Great job!!! :drinker:

I'm jealous... Your post-op pace and distance is better than mine, and I don't have an excuse. :ohwell:
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I forgot to update here! Last week I did Week 5, Day 1 on Monday, Day 2 on Wednesday and Day 3 on Friday! I DID IT!!!! I was able to run for the whole 20 minutes. I didn't get in 2 miles during that time, but I was about 50 feet short of getting in 1.75 miles in that time - way more than I thought I would get.

My iPhone overheated during my cool down. Thank goodness it wasn't during the run because I wasn't wearing my HRM watch and wouldn't have known when I was done. I walked extra in the cool down to make sure I got the whole cool down in.

I did Week 6, Day 1 this morning. I felt good the whole time and knew that I could absolutely do it because I had done Week 5, Day 3. :) I will say though, the first lap always sucks - I feel sore and my legs hurt. After that though, it's much better.

Week 6, Day 2 coming on Wednesday! :)
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options

Great job!!! :drinker:

I'm jealous... Your post-op pace and distance is better than mine, and I don't have an excuse. :ohwell:

:happy:

I started to do the timed version, but I figured my whole purpose of doing this is to be able to run 5k, right? So for the dreaded W5D3, my run was 2 miles without stopping instead of 20 minutes. From here on out, I'll be adding 1/4 mi each week.

Don't sweat the pace, run at a comfortable pace for you! You are doing great!
  • resilient86
    Options
    Late check in, as usual! But I finished week 3 on Saturday and I start week 4 tonight after work. I'm going to surprise myself on what the intervals are because I don't want to spend all day dreading them.
  • YpsiChris
    YpsiChris Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 1 yesterday. Felt really good! I had stopped for a few days because I was having leg pain. New shoes - properly fitted in a running store and everything - seem to have solved the problem. The foam roller certainly helped! Great work everyone! Keep it up!
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did w3d1 this morning and it was going really well until some $#%#$%^ decided to whip out of his garage without looking and nearly creamed me! I was about 15 seconds from the end of my last 3 minute run and it completely killed my sense of accomplishment to have to screech to a halt. After said $%#$%# drove off, after looking at me like it was my fault btw, I ran for another 30 seconds or so but the buzz was killed. Oh well, there is always w3d2!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    W5 D3 done!! YAY!!! When the friendly lady said, "Two more minutes to go" I wanted to scream that I could not take it anymore... :noway:

But hey, apparently I am proven wrong, because I did it!!

I wish I could do something more to celebrate, it feels really like a small victory for me :bigsmile:

It's a huge accomplishment. Good for you and everybody else that has finished W5D3!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    The Zenlab will tell you when to run, walk, the halfway point and the "one minute" left prompts. I've been good at not looking at the timer when I'm not walking but for the longer runs now, sometimes I start to think maybe I shut it off accidentally. I've avoided looking at it, and I'm sure I'll get more used to it.

This used to make me crazy. I also started to get really bored with just getting out there and running for 30 minutes. Running. And running. And running.

If you start to feel this way in the late weeks, know that it gets better. Music helps - you get a sense of how many songs you've listened to and how far you've gone so you can tell if Endomondo (as a hypothetical) has let you down again. I've also developed a little form checklist where I do a quick body scan every couple of minutes. I get kind of lost in thought. And I enjoy the sensation of running and feeling like I'm getting faster and stronger. Running definitely gets more fun the longer you do it. Just keep getting out there.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I will preface this check-in by saying I was formerly the "only runs when chased" kind of girl. Seriously, I could not run 1/16th of a mile (lap on the indoor gym track) without stopping to pant.

After a fairly successful W1-W4, got stuck at W5D2 for a couple of weeks. The heat and humidity have been challenging to my success (more mentally than physically, but still). Because I'm working out pretty hard on my non-running days, I didn't get too worked up about C25K and just decided to do what I can at the pace my body allows.

Yesterday I woke up and was expecting to find rain but instead it was fairly cool (though humid). Teetered back and forth about whether to go out because I wasn't really "feeling" it. Something inside me said DO IT but I still wasn't necessarily "psyched" to run.

Anyway, I got through the first 8-minute stretch and found it to be a little easier than the only other time I actually made it through 8 minutes. My heart rate went down fairly easily and I was pumped to do the next leg. And dude, I totally nailed it. I was running slow and got a good breathing rhythm and was totally grooving to the music. I usually listen to my own music or nothing at all, but yesterday I decided to pull up Pandora and typed in "running music" and I think that was a BIG key to my success. I LOVE The Avett Brothers but running music, theirs is not. I'm not a Justin Timberlake fan, but he throws out some good beats.

I let out a little squee when I finished that second 8-minute running leg and I know the dude I had just passed on the trail probably thought I was crazy. I just didn't care.

Gonna go out and try for W5D3 tomorrow, weather-permitting, but I'm not going to beat myself up if it doesn't go as planned because I know I will eventually do it, and the next one and the next one...
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Great job everyone! I love reading all the success stories.

I finished Week 7 this morning. It was warmer than I has been, and I did a really hilly course (I try to work in hills once in awhile). When I hit a point where I thought I couldn't run another second I looked at the timer and had 2:15 left. Figured I could make it another 2:15 so kept running. Finally realized it felt like a really long 2 minutes so I looked at the timer again and I was 2 minutes into my cool-down - my app forgot to tell me to stop. So I finished the 2:15 plus got a couple of bonus minutes in. Ready to take on Week 8 on Wednesday.
  • Evallusion
    Evallusion Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    As previously mentioned, I'm not doing anymore intervals. So I did Week 6 Day 1 and ran all the way through for a total of 23 1/2 minutes. Still feeling weak and dizzy from that stomach bug. It feels like I have vertigo or something.
  • BiancaMarie819
    BiancaMarie819 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh yeahhhhh did W6 D3! Beyond surprised seeing as it took me 3 tries to get W5 D3! Scheduled to run a 5k in September! Lets hope I can maintain this! After I graduate,i might consider doing this again....outside, or increasing my mph to get a better time! At least this time I won't be heaving after a minute of running
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options
    Finished repeat of W2D1...shin splints gone! Yea! Need some knee support, so will be stopping by the store tomorrow for that.

Saw three baby bunnies on the trail; no snakes this time! Would much rather see baby bunnies than snakes!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Saw three baby bunnies on the trail; no snakes this time! Would much rather see baby bunnies than snakes!

Agreed!