Confessions of a scale-aholic

Options
ragslittle
ragslittle Posts: 176 Member
Ok I have a confession to make. I am a scale-aholic!!! On the scale like every time I walk into my bathroom. So I am going on a 2 week vacation and I want to pack my scales so I can stay on track. Any thoughts?

Replies

• gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I am having a problem with that now. Made hubby put them away. I don't have any tips for you. Will see what others say.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Unless you are going camping, vacation places usually have fitness centers with scales. Shopping malls sell scales. Fishing docks have scales. Be creative and you will find a way to get your weigh in fix.

I know, I am there with you stepping on scale several times a day
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    With the success you've had? Buy the scale a seat on the airplane if that's what you want. Take it everywhere. You've earned it. And if anyone thinks it's odd, let THEM eat cake.
  • chelley_79
    chelley_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ok I have a confession to make. I am a scale-aholic!!! On the scale like every time I walk into my bathroom. So I am going on a 2 week vacation and I want to pack my scales so I can stay on track. Any thoughts?

Me too. Can't help it. :smile:
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning to keep myself in check now that I am in maintence level. I don't have any suggestions about your trip. I don't think I would pack a scale with me though. Maybe you can find a place to weigh while on vacation? Do you have a gym membership that lets you go to the same gym company in another city/state? If so, they usually have scales in the locker room.
    Have fun on your vacation!
  • mandyabraio
    mandyabraio Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation and leave your scales at home...That's what I did last week when I went to my daughter's for a week...I ate badly..pizza, ice cream..you get the picture, to my surprise when I came home I had lost 3 pounds last week..GO FIGURE!!! Your pouch will not let you over eat, so just enjoy your vacation!!!
  • Barbara2420
    Barbara2420 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yep, I too, am guilty. When we went on vacation a few months ago, I was scale-less and it made me a bit anxious. (Also forgot my food scale...... ) Although I missed my weigh-ins, I just toughed it out. Was very happy to get to the scale when we got home and was amazed I lost 2 lbs. while away.

You have done such a tremendous job! Be confidant. Be strong.
  • steffyp01
    steffyp01 Posts: 34
    Options
    I thought I was the only one who did this. I weigh in the morning and again at night before i go to bed. I wouldn't take a scale with me but if you happen to see one while you are out I would use it. You will not be able to eat a lot so I think you would be ok for a few days. :smile:
  • bacosamariechristine
    Options
    I am on the scale everyday to. In the morning and at night. I want to get a digital one but don't have the money to get it. Mine always going up and down.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yea I don't weigh every day but Barbara saying she left her food scale at home made me break out in a cold sweat...lol I would FREAK out without that! What a bunch of fantastic little OCD peeps we are! :laugh: