Daily Check In Thread

Options

Replies

• kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Week 3D1 complete! I was afraid I couldn't run for 3 minutes straight, but I did it!
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    CogitoErgoSum2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    W6 D2 done. Yay! Yesterday I got myself a new pair of trainers, lightweight (haha, ironical!!) designed for 'natural running'. Love, love, love!! It's like, I have feet again :huh:

Anyway. All good, even though I had a bad cold and sore throat in the past four days.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    Options
    Double posting, lol. Sorry.
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Couple of weeks ago I had shin splints acting up. I have rested my leg but kept on walking. This evening when I get up I am going to give Week six another try. Wish me luck everyone.
  • CogitoErgoSum2
    Options
    Couple of weeks ago I had shin splints acting up. I have rested my leg but kept on walking. This evening when I get up I am going to give Week six another try. Wish me luck everyone.

Good luck!!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Completed W6D3 today. I felt so inspired that I installed the C210K app on my phone! Maybe, just maybe I can run a 10k in February next year!
  • tycamsdad
    tycamsdad Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Finished W5D2 this morning and then umpired a doubleheader of an adult men's baseball league this afternoon. Definitely taking a rest day tomorrow to be ready for W5D3 so I can kill it. Tuesday morning run will be my biggest test yet.

I am most amazed that my Nike+ shows that I have run/walked more than 30 miles in June. I never would have thought that would have been possible.
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    W8D1 down and done.

Technically should have been W7D1 because I was too ill to run last week. Figured the extra 3 minutes would be mind over matter at this point so went for it.
    Loved it! Could have done more despite forgetting to take my water bottle.
    Feel like a runner for the first time!!!
  • mabelton62
    mabelton62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    W5D3 done!! and I managed to run an extra 1.5 minutes as I didn't hear the trainer on my app tell me to walk. So amazed that I managed it -not a great pace or distance - plus the app appears to have played up in that it logged my walk and run distances and rates incorrectly (eg said I walked 1.7km at a rate of 5.01km per hour - no way is that possible!) never mind at least the 20+mins I ran was correct.
    Cannot believe that just 5 weeks ago I could barely run for 1 minute and now so motivated that I went out in the rain tonight instead of putting it off. This program is great,
    :smile:
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Missed W2D3 last week due to weather and some other stuff. Catching up today and then starting W3 tomorrow.
  • BeingKevin
    BeingKevin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I completed W6D1 yesterday. After running 20 consecutive minutes, going back to the interval seemed strange. I noticed we do it again on W6D2, then that is it. I am not sure why but my pace was a lot faster than ever before in the first interval. I wondered if subconsciously I sped up knowing it was a shorter run? Either way, I still struggle to get this pace thing in check – I have been able to complete each run while trying to figure it out but it worries me for some reason.
  • destructor2013
    Options
    I did W4D1 today and man those 5 minute were exhausting. I was worn out at the end of that. But I feel okay now that I'm done with it and have showered and all. Glad tomorrow is a rest day for me.
  • amberpic
    amberpic Posts: 20
    Options
    Did W3D1 today. I'm not using the apps and looked at the workout this morning before I went out...then did three repetitions instead of two. I guess my brain doesn't function quite right at 5:30 am! Still finished it and going forward with this week should be pretty easy in comparison!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Finished up W7D3 yesterday, so I'm now caught up to where I was before surgery. Ready to tackle 2.75 miles tomorrow!
  • sirrahsim
    sirrahsim Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I did W4D1 today and man those 5 minute were exhausting. I was worn out at the end of that. But I feel okay now that I'm done with it and have showered and all. Glad tomorrow is a rest day for me.

We are in the same spot and I feel exactly the same way!

Almost as soon as I got the cue to start my cool down both of my calves seized up which made the next 1/4 mile quite unpleasant. I guess that is what I get for slipping into my old shoes this morning instead of my running shoes!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I did week 7, Day 1 this morning. I was able to do the whole 25 minutes. My app wants me to get 2.5 miles in that time, but I'm not that fast (yet). I was able to do a little more than 2 miles though. YAY!
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Did Week 8, Day 1 today. Didn't get out as early as I wanted to so the temps had started climbing, but still reasonable to run for me .. barely. I did it! 28 minutes straight running! My dog wanted to quit at 27 minutes 30 seconds, but with a quick encouragement he popped back up and did the additional 30 seconds. We were both glad to get to the cool down walk though.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I did W8D3 this morning. Not sure why but I struggled all the way though Week 8, so I'm glad to be done with it. I'm looking forward to moving on to Week 9. Hard to believe I'm ready to start my final week. I'm not anywhere close to running a 5K in 30 minutes (my longest running distance to date is 2.22 miles in 28 minutes) but I'm really happy with the progress I'm making anyway. I'm doing a 5K on Thursday which I'll be mostly walking with a friend (who hasn't been running), but also signed up for one August 10 that I plan to run so I have several more weeks to work on my speed.
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I finished W5D3 yesterday!

I remember a few weeks ago, when I peeked ahead to see what everybody was talking about, I thought, 20 minutes! Holy crap, will i be able to run 20 minutes straight by then? Well, I did. I think somewhere between running 5 minutes and 8 minutes nonstop, I conquered my breathing, and from there, it's just mind over matter.

I am slow, though. Other runners at the track lap me repeatedly. It is encouraging to see others here who are slow like me, and who still put on their shoes and go out there and do it. It does help me to know that I'm not the only one who finds this challenging.

So question: What strategies did you other beginners use to increase your speed? At this juncture, I can't even imagine finishing a 5K in 30 minutes.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Day 1 done. We're under a flash flood warning here, it was pouring when I got out of work this morning. When I went out to do this it was slightly drizzling. I laughed because I didn't go back inside.

Did the 25 minutes. My Fitbit says 2 miles, but then on the way back with walking, gives me less of a read, more like a mile. I know the route is longer than a mile, I head that way going to work. I'm taking it as 2 miles. I was kind of hoping the dark clouds would open up as I was closer to home on the way back. The humidity sucks.

What do you use to track distance?