So.... Insidious is back for round 2...

Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbi4NeebAk

While we're at it, what did you guys think about the first one?

I know it was discussed (somewhere) in this group, but as far as the movie goes I didn't like it. The fact that there is a sequel kinda makes me sad. Not to mention that *SPOILERS* at the end, the father ended up soul-switched and lost in the ghost world, while the crazy old bat was chillin' in his body killin' people. Suddenly it appears as if he is only slightly crazy? I dunno.

To re-explain my issue with the first one was this: It started out great. Nice feel to the movie, really creepy and eerie, but then it started becoming not so much. Then, it was just silly and trying too hard (I'm referencing the scene where two ghost children run out of the wardrobe and Tiny Tim begins playing on the record player. Then later when the shotgun family in the ghost world were not so much scary as they were uncomfortable to look at and kinda silly looking) Gonna probably rent this one from Redbox, unless someone can confirm that it was a lot better than the first one for those reasons specifically.

Anywho, what do you think, horror fans?

Replies

• BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    I'll probably sit this one out, honestly. The first one didn't really speak to me enough to make me interested in a sequel. DK though, if it gets good reviews I might wait for it to go to instant view or something.
  • ShyPar
    ShyPar Posts: 13 Member
    I think it would've been a lot better if they'd decided against a sequel. Some movies just don't need one, Insidious included. But I agree with you, the first movie started out awesome and then it all went downhill. It did kind of scare my cousin, though, so props for that!
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Honestly I will watch it cause I watch anything and everything but probably wait for it on DVD. Like all have said I enjoyed the first half of the first one but then it flipped a switch and almost became a whole different movie. I doubt this one will be better, very few sequels pull that off. We'll see :)
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Honestly I will watch it cause I watch anything and everything but probably wait for it on DVD. Like all have said I enjoyed the first half of the first one but then it flipped a switch and almost became a whole different movie. I doubt this one will be better, very few sequels pull that off. We'll see :)

I actually hope I'm wrong about it.. But I don't think I am, sadly.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Did anyone go see this one over the weekend and if so how was it?
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Sorry I'm a bit late to the table, but I went and saw it last weekend. I thought it was pretty enjoyable. The first half of the first film did SUCH a good job at building tension (in my opinion), so I was a little disappointed that this one didn't have as much buildup. Instead it just sort of jumped right into the "insidious story" and didn't have as many nervous scenes. But that said, I definitely had fun, and appreciated that it didn't take itself too seriously. Some other girls in the theatre were covering their eyes and squealing like mad, so maybe I'm just a tough customer. Good times though :)