FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
July 5, 2013
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8z9-yXTpBIjV-0C2xIdYpOcTaAa8coVBHy-rNFznOsXAH5ueX

Replies

• FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    ^^I hope so!
    Well, I'm back to "the poor man's exercise" again: tot-carrying.

"Grandma" went down to my husband's office today, so I took the kids to the park to play, then McD's, Lego store, hubby's office, and finally Starbucks (that last stop was esp. for me, haha), and back home. My big lil girl was in the sling for the walking parts. It was a great day. Ev'body but my & lil girl will hit the beach tomorrow. Me & lil girl will join them Monday, AFTER the weekend crowds are gone. So I'll be alone w/lil girl for a couple days--I might actually get a workout done at home, for a change!! (fingers crossed)

Hope everyone is keeping active and working out!

Oh yeah, TGIF!!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    We ended up staying home last night, husband found out he had to go to work early and we would have been gone till midnight. It ended up a relaxing peaceful night, always lots of traffic near fireworks!

My pool, I have been jealous all my life of people that had a pool and always wanted one, so when we moved here and built A-frame house in mountains i said i need a pool for my back it is medical!!!

I love it, its a lot of work to get started after long winter and spring and frustrating that my area only has one pool place next big town over and they are jerks who charge a fortune but other than that I love it!!!

We use to have a wind up blue bubble cover but it was heavy and hard for me to do along so got rid of that and last few years have solar rings which I can take out one at a time. Still some lifting but more reasonable.

And we happen to live in the area of the country that has the cheapest electric anywhere, has to do with deal made with farmers when new dam went in many years ago, only way I could afford heating it!!!

So hope you all have great day. I work 1-9 today and its first day of play so I will be out doing will call as well as in office. I love greeting everyone excited to be there at mountain theater.
  • PamHealthMission
    PamHealthMission Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    TGIF! Just finished Lower Body 2 barely before noon.

Today's WO left me glistening due to the cardio effect felt lifting heavier weights than what I was accustom to for certain exercises. Those Goblet Squats were not as easy holding a weight as one would tend to think. I started with a single 10 pound then had to drop down to 7.5 for the last 2 sets and kind of stumbled at the end of Set 3.

I kept increasing weight for the Seated Calf Raise every set because it was too easy. I will definitely need to use a weight in excess of 40 lbs for this move.

I found that placing my hands behind the ears made doing the Back Extension on the Ball easier than my arms folded in front of the chest.

I added the Plank to my routine today. A GOOD day!

Sherry - have a great weekend and sneak in a workout to go along with the "poor man's exercise":wink:

Marla - enjoy your day and it's nice that you have a pool to enjoy swimming for pleasure, exercise, and therapy.:smile:
  • Hurdisnie1
    Hurdisnie1 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello all...so drove up to a lake in the mountains got some mountain climbing in..ouch... got car sick on the way up it was even worse on the way down...so now my head is pounding and I'm nauseated..

Before leaving I got in Squats,planks,leg lifts,crunches... my lifting might have too happen tomorrow..:-(