I think....

Options
PBsMommy
PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
I am going to switch over to Stonglifts 5X5 for a bit and then come back to NROLFW after running through Stronglifts once.

Right now, it has more pros than NR does. The biggest pro being my hubby agreed to start lifting with me if I switched over to Stronglifts and they have an iphone app.

Anyone else dabbled in StongLifts?

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    To each his own, I found it boring, and when I returned to NR realized that while my 5x5's got stronger all my other lifts and my functional strength decreased.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,986 Member
    Options
    There are lots of people here at mfp who have done NROL4W and stronglifts, both. (I haven't.)

I think it's a HUGE PLUS that your spouse will work-out with you if you switch - so go enjoy your time together! BOOM!
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!

I am just excited to have my hubby work out with me! So if that means doing what he wants for a while, then so be it. I just hope my functional strength doesn't decrease as a result! He says he just can't do a workout that has the word woman it it... Sexist pig :laugh:
  • PBsMommy
    Options
    I thought about my other lifts decreasing....

So I believe every four weeks of StrongLifts I am going to take a break and do one week of all my other lifts. Maybe do more of a split program and work on all the other arm workouts 2 days, the legs 2 days and the abs a day in the middle?

That way I can still workout with the hubby and try my best not to lose out on everything else. Idk if it would even help, but it's worth a shot I guess.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Why not get one of the New Rules books without "women" in the title and do that with him?
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Check out NROL Supercharged. Complex lifts and you design the program yourself. There's a strong dude on the front cover too so hubby will like that :laugh: