Hello

Options
IIFerdi
IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
Hi everyone,

I found out about this place so I joined to see if I could learn here or help others . But first some things about me I guess

My name is Ferdi and I am 29 years old. I am from the Netherlands so english aint my native language so once in a while I will make some grammar errors.

I exercise everyday in different intensity. I only do bodyweight exercises at this time. I don't want a show body but I want a body i can rely on and is flexible. Insanity p90 and all those programs are great but in my opinion they don't prepare your body for things. They only make your body look great which is awesome don't get me wrong but I just want something more.

The training that I do is a 4 day cycle. Starts with recovery , then low intensity (warm ups and yoga), Then Moderate intensity ( 6 exercises 8 rounds for each exercise 20 sec on 10 off).and the last day High Intensity. same as moderate with now without anybreaks. Hard as I can while keeping good form.
I follow the program called tacfit for a week now. Tacfit is a program that offers me exactly what i look for in a program. only bodyweight , creat great muscles but keep bieng flexible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSojmSnljjU show you what I will do in some time. Just started it so i am not at that point of the training yet.

anyway hope i can help someone or find help here or just people to chat with :D

Replies

• Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I also focus my strength work on bodyweight exercises and only use weights if I want to isolate a weaker muscle in the chain - like my bicep strength lets me down in pull-ups so I include dumbbell rows and curls in my pulling sessions to finish off.

I aim for high strength but low size as my first discipline is Yoga and I need to be strong but without too much muscle mass or loss of flexibility.

Good to have you in this group.

Carl
  • IIFerdi
    IIFerdi Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    thank you.

I aim for the same thing actually high strength but low in the size. Not sure I will accomplice this this way but will see. I sticking with this program I am into

This place is not very alive is it? :| you happen to have other places where could also go.

I want to broaden my horizon with it. Improve myself if you want to call it that way.
    Views of other people on certain subjects can be a great eye opener.
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Try this other group - called Bodyweight exercising. Not very active either but more active than here.
  • jkirby79
    jkirby79 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the YAYOG group!

I've been doing the YAYOG program for about 3-4 months now. I started with the First Class program and just finished Master.

My experience overall has been positive. The exercises included in the book are great and I truly believe you can get a solid workout without paying for a gym membership. Also, the idea of concentrating on increasing my functional strength has always appealed to me.

The only advice I would give is to not take the programs too literally. They are all very structured but I found some exercises too easy. My goal at this point is to gain weight/muscle mass so I have found that creating my own programs using the more difficult exercises at lower reps has been good for me. Also, I find the rest periods after each exercise to be too long in most cases. Other programs I've looked at have you doing 4 exercises for the amount of rest you get after doing one with YAYOG.

On the whole, it's a really good book that has helped me increase my push ups, pull ups and overall strength a ton. I'm currently working on handstands and handstand push ups. I never ever thought I'd get to that point.

Good luck to you!