Mrsshellers Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have updated my blog if any one is interested

http://dietofamadwife.blogspot.co.uk/

Also I have lost 5lbs! :D
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5:2 since November and lost 50lbs so far. It really works for me. It doesn't necessarily work for everyone, for instance I was always someone who could miss a meal and not really feel it for quite a while, some folks I know will get pangs an hour or two after not having lunch at the normal time.

Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Mrsshellers
    Options
    Well done on the 50lbs!
  • Mrsshellers
    Options
    Had a sh!tty week this week.... have lost weight and inches though not as much as I wanted - this was mainly because I changed my scales.

How is it possible that one set of scales are 7lbs different to another? I would love to keep weighing myself on the light scales but I fear thats just cheating so I'll stick with the ones that make me heavier for the time being.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 6 weeks now, finding it much easier to follow than I thought and so far have lost some weight every week - it's not drastic, just nice and steady.

You shouldn't put it all back on again when you start eating normally if you are sticking to either maintenance cals or deficit cals if still have more to lose. You'd only put it back on if you eat over maintenance. It's not like Atkins and all that.
  • Frannybobs
    Frannybobs Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 6 weeks now, finding it much easier to follow than I thought and so far have lost some weight every week - it's not drastic, just nice and steady.

You shouldn't put it all back on again when you start eating normally if you are sticking to either maintenance cals or deficit cals if still have more to lose. You'd only put it back on if you eat over maintenance. It's not like Atkins and all that.
  • bowerhill
    bowerhill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi - I've been doing it for a month and I think it's great. The first couple of weeks are the worse like everyone says. Hunger comes in waves and I just have a black coffee or water and ignore it. It gets easier the more you do it.

I eat nothing at work during the day (just water and black coffee) and have a decent meal at night.

Best of luck.
  • Mrsshellers
    Options
    Oh no I think you have me all wrong! I love this WoE!!

I was just really miffed that one set of scales in my house makes me 7lbs heavier than another set! But c'est la vie, I am losing because the measurements tell me so!

I am sticking with this, tomorrow is my 5th fast day and I am embracing the hunger now, I am thinking of starting some exercise on fast days again so that I can use up a bit of that time in the evenings and to get a nice burn before I have my dinner. I am also hoping a bit of exercise will help me sleep better on fast days!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing 5:2 for 3 weeks and have lost 6lbs so far. I'm looking for other 5:2 types for friends as I'm sick of the "you're not eating enough!" Comments on fast days lol

So add me if you like :-)
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 5:2 for 7 weeks, am doing my first 4:3 this week. Feel free to add me.
  • linzijoy
    linzijoy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 5:2 today....I'm halfway through my first fast day and it's really not that bad! I have 100 cals left for this evening, but I seem to be ok with small meals. I'm finding in this heatwave we're having in the UK at the moment, I'm not wanting to eat much anyway!
  • Mrsshellers
    Options
    I agree this hot weather is certainly helping me not want to go overboard with my eating! I did my 6th fast day yesterday and it felt like the easiest one so far!
  • josephinabonetto
    Options
    The UK heatwave has definitely helped me fast this week too.
  • mounty89
    mounty89 Posts: 41
    Options
    Is anybody doing this while incorporating a strength training program? Seems like it'd be very difficult to do a bit weights workout on a fast day.
  • Mrsshellers
    Options
    I personally dont but lots of people do.... you might find some answers here

http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5919
  • Nancymcgregor
    Nancymcgregor Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started this week and so far it's been easy. I forget to eat some days so this way of dieting works for me.
  • josephinabonetto
    Options
    I find I don't get particularly hungry on fast days beyond the occasional rumble, usually around 3 or 4 pm in the afternoon. My energy levels are generally good too. I think the key is in the planning.

It is mostly, mind over matter.