I need some friends to help me lose weight

Options
Hey I just started trying to lose weight and get healthy. I would welcome any body listing me as a friend. I could use some advice. I'd like to talk to those in my situation and those who have been successful in losing weight and getting healthy.

Replies

• sgtkiwi
    sgtkiwi Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome aboard the arfcom train... Friend request sent. New to it myself, but learning alot. Been at it only a month, but 9 lbs so far. If you stick to the page and are honest about entering the foods, it works. I was also told by some long timers here to not enter your exercise in myfitnesspal. It can give you a false sense that it's OK to eat that pizza etc... Additionally, I'm allowed 2100 calories per day in my situation, but I limit to 1700 (usually 1500-1600), and like I said, it is working for me. If I get exercise in, I just look at that as a bonus.
  • 2666jan
    2666jan Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for the friend request. I do enter the exercise I'm doing but it only gives me credit for 555 calories. I've been consistently under the calories so I guess I'm good. I'm struggling getting in my protein.
  • sgtkiwi
    Options
    Not sure of your goals... But if it is serious weight loss, like 50 pounds or more, I'll tell you like my doctor told me.... Ignore every column on myfitnesspal except calories. Once you get to the goal, then you can play with the others....
  • 2666jan
    Options
    I consistently am coming in we'll under my daily calorie requirement. I'm just not that hungry now that the Phoenix summer heat is here.
  • sgtkiwi
    Options
    By the way... If you're looking for some good proteins, I keep cans of pinto beans and black beans on hand. High in protein.
  • 2666jan
    Options
    Great idea. I love beans.
  • kennyw1983
    Options
    Just remember beans dont go in chili!

Feel free to add me as well.
  • hermanmelville
    Options
    Just a word of encouragement. I'm working to lose some poundage also, hope yall are still at it.
  • terrance250
    terrance250 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago using MFP/exercise/healty eating I dropped 30+lbs in 3 months. Changed jobs, quit doing all that stuff that worked so great, and gained it all back.

The key to real success is obviously sticking with whatever your doing that works. Instead of just doing things that make you lose weight fast, strive to make permanent healthy changes to your lifestyle you can live with forever.
  • KiloGolf4
    KiloGolf4 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it man! Gotta be a life change though. Slow and steady is the way to do it, couple lbs a week adds up. I started my diet on Feb5th and MFP shortly after and am down over 60lbs now. Started walking and now I am jogging, twenty miles last week alone.

Pick a time in the evening, after dinner, that you can stick to and not eat anything else after that until breakfast the next morning. That has helped me quite a bit. Congrats on starting a plan, stick with it, and keep us updated!
  • 2666jan
    Options
    Great job on the 65 lost. Saw my dr yesterday, I lost 26 since my last meeting with him. You are right, slow and steady is the way to go.
  • 2666jan
    Options
    I don't check back here as often as I should. Sorry about that. Added you all as friends. It help me a lot by seeing I'm not alone in this. Motivates me in keeping up with the plan. I check food diaries occasionally which helps me stay out of a pattern of eatting the same thing everyday.
  • kmanus
    kmanus Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

What I found works (ignore my to-go weight tracker...that's pie in the sky and I'm happy where I am) is basing my daily calories off a sedentary activity level and eating back my exercise calories. I paid attention to calories only for the duration of my weight loss. In fact, I still don't worry about the macros. Only one I glance at from time to time is protein because (way) too much protein over a long period of time can cause some issues.

30+ lbs lost and at maintenance for 3 months & counting.
  • 2666jan
    Options
    Welcome!

What I found works (ignore my to-go weight tracker...that's pie in the sky and I'm happy where I am) is basing my daily calories off a sedentary activity level and eating back my exercise calories. I paid attention to calories only for the duration of my weight loss. In fact, I still don't worry about the macros. Only one I glance at from time to time is protein because (way) too much protein over a long period of time can cause some issues.

30+ lbs lost and at maintenance for 3 months & counting.

Way to go on the 30lbs lost and especially on the 3 months at maintenance. I can lose weight relatively easy but have trouble keeping it off. I'm doing the weight lose the right way this time and I've been told it will be easier to keep off by doing it the right way. I hope so.