Team A Loft!

Options

Replies

• mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Linda! I hate spin class...LOL!
    Remember to have FUN on vacation, Alison! Don't stress to much on the food because the hiking there will be AWESOME! And BEAUTIFUL! (I love to hike!)

Stat update:
    2/4 days exercise
    4.54 miles walking
    4.62 miles elliptical
    No fitness test yet
    2/7 days with extra water

Happy Hump Day everyone!
    ~Marsha
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    3/4 days of exercise
    no fitness test yet
    3.54 miles walking
    4/7 days of increased water (yesterday at work I drank 3L alone! This heat is making me soooooo thirsty!)

I hope you all enjoy your days!
  • Ljsiegel
    Ljsiegel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ok, did the fitness test. Phew! It was hard.

Run 1 mile - 12:30 (need to re-do for 1.5 miles but I might just keep it at 1 mile)
    Pushups in 1 min - 25
    crunches in 1 min - 49
    burpees in 1 min - 10 (these are hard!)
    plank hold time - 64 seconds

Interesting to see the results in 9 weeks :)

Rest of week has been good exercise wise (3 spin classes so far). Water has been good.
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Well, I finally got the fitness test done today!

1.5 Mile Run - 14:59!!! I have never run under a 10 minute mile! I know it's only 1 second under, but still!
    Pushups - 33
    Crunches - 70
    Burpees - 15
    Plank Hold - 1:32

Doing all of that back-to-back was pretty difficult... Hopefully, in 9 weeks I'm even better :)
  • adancer59
    Options
    Hey everyone! So I mentioned earlier that I'm headed out on vacation this weekend, and I'll be gone for 10 days. I'm hoping to at least get on MFP each day (to keep my "days logged" going), but I probably won't be writing much if at all. That also means that I won't be able to easily message people that haven't weighed in yet. On a similar note, I won't be able to easily put people's weights into the spreadsheet. If you all could do that on your own this week, I would greatly appreciate it! Finally, though I won't be able to post results on Wednesday like usual, I promise to post results for this week and next week once I return! Please don't give up on me or this challenge, just because I disappear on vacation for a bit! Oh, and I promise to still post a new challenge on Sunday, so don't think you can take it easy for a week ;)
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,179 Member
    Options
    Have fun! :drinker:
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,179 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    It is Saturday, the weather is fine, and I am out for a walk...

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • stacyb99
    stacyb99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies-- Allison, I hope you have a great vacation! I spent most of today exercising and I actually loved it. First I did my Les Mills Pump & Burn and then a bit of yoga-- pushed my hubby into biking-- did that for over an hour-park lots of trees and breeze was plentiful-- NICE day-- :)
  • channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    5/4 days of exercise
    30 miles walking
    no fitness test yet
    7/7 days with increased water
  • cgphelps24
    cgphelps24 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise Challenges
    1. Exercise 6 out of 7 days this week for at least 30 minutes.
    2. The last week of our month-long challenge!!! Run, walk, bike, and/or swim
    Walk: 2 miles
    Bike: 5 miles
    Walk 1 mile-18 minutes
    Push ups: 10
    Sit ups/crunches: 10
    Burpees: 5
    Water Challenge
    4. Extra water 4/7 days

New weight 204.4

My son told me it doesn't matter how slow you walk, you are still lapping the people sitting on the couch.
  • channy70
    Options
    Exercise Challenges
    1. 5/7 30+ mins
    2. Walk 30miles
    3. Fitness test
    Walk/run 1 mile-15 minutes
    Push ups: 9
    Sit ups/crunches: 32
    Burpees: 5
    Planks: 60secs
    Water Challenge
    4. Extra water 7/7 days

Down 2.6lbs vacation and all:drinker: CW 167.2lbs
  • mjharman
    Options
    Sorry this is a day late! Last week's results...

Current weight: 201.5

Exercise Challenges:
    1. 6/7 days 30+ mins exercise
    2. Walk: 22.2 miles
    Elliptical: 7.2 miles
    3. Fitness test:
    Walk 1 mile - 19 min
    Push ups - 11
    Sit ups/crunches - 48
    Plank: 27 secs
    4. Extra water: 7/7 days

It was a good week! True, I didn't reach the elusive "Onederland" by my birthday, but I did get closer and it is ever so close! I'm on the cusp... :smile:

The question is: Will I be at my goal weight by my next birthday? I don't see why not!

~Marsha
  • TayPat24
    Options
    just did an intense cardio ab workout!
    I hope you are all having a great day
  • cgphelps24
    Options
    I hope everyone enjoyed the fourth yesterday! Did a lot of walking and swimming.
    Late night but oh so very worth it!!

Back on track today.
    Have a great weekend!!
  • adancer59
    Options
    I'm back! Overall my vacation was very nice! ...except for the fact that it rained the entire time we were camping... However, my boyfriend and I made it work and we still had a very nice time :) We both even lost weight while on vacation! I did not do well on the challenges however. Rain made it very difficult to do any squats, crunches, push-ups, or my exercise challenge. We were almost always stuck in the tent or the car :\

4/4 days of exercise (hikes we went on)
    0 squats
    0 push-ups
    0 crunches
    0/7 days with 15 minutes dedicated to exercise (exercise challenge)
    5/7 days with no snacking (food challenge)

Current Weight: 188.2 pounds :)
    I'm in the 180s, and I've lost more than 20 pounds!!!
  • adancer59
    Options
    Hello again ladies! I am back from vacation and ready for a new week! I hope you all are too!

Exercise Challenges
    1. Exercise 4 out of 7 days this week for at least 30 minutes. The exercise can be either cardio or strength training. It can be at a gym, at home, outside, or anywhere else you'd like. Squeeze it in during your lunch break at work or while your kids are at their extracurricular activities. Whenever it is and whatever it is, make sure it happens at least 4 times this week :)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeeds

2. Week 2 of the month long challenge! Do as many squats, crunches, and push-ups as you can each week. Make sure to keep track of how many you accomplish! At the end of the week, the person with the most in each category will get an advantage pound. At the end of the month, the people who've gone the farthest in each category will get an extra advantage pound.

1 lbs advantage for the best performer in each category

3. It's been a while since we have tried something new, so this week let's get back to trying to incorporate a new activity into our exercise program. It can also be something you haven't done in a long time.

Food Challenge
    4. This week we are going to have a breakfast challenge! I know we've done this before, but it has been a while. Since I'm posting this so late, let's make the goal to eat breakfast at least 5 out of 7 days this week. Also, be sure to post a picture of at least one breakfast you have this week. You can post pictures here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1039211-week-12-breakfast-challenge-pictures-recipes

1 lbs advantage for everyone who posts a picture

In Summary:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
    2. Person that does the most squats, push-ups, crunches = 1 lbs advantage
    3. Try something new = 1 lbs advantage
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo

Thanks to everyone who suggested the challenges for this week! Please keep coming up with awesome ideas, and post them to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996673-challenge-ideas
  • channy70
    Options
    This week was not a good week at all. Gave my mother a surprise 70th birthday party Saturday, so I spent the entire week getting prepared for that. The party went well and my mother really had a ball, but thank God it's over, now I can get back on track.

0/4 days of exercise
    0 squats
    0 push-ups
    0 crunches
    0/7 days with 15 minutes dedicated to exercise (exercise challenge)
    0/7 days with no snacking (food challenge)

Current Weight: 166.4 pounds, down 0.8lbs, I'll take it
  • cgphelps24
    Options
    Not a good week for me with the fourth in there.

3/4 days of exercise
    0 squats
    0 push-ups
    0 crunches
    3/7 days with 15 minutes dedicated to exercise (exercise challenge)
    0/7 days with no diet soda(food challenge)

down to 204 down from 204.4 from last week. I guess at least I didn't gain.
    I also got compliments from family members I had not seen in a while, that felt good.

Back on track this week!!
  • TayPat24
    Options
    2/4 days of exercise
    150 squats
    20 push-ups
    45 crunches

I have been doing a food challenge with myself, Monday marked my third week of only drinking water! But i wont count that as my food challenge :)
  • mjharman
    Options
    I'm BACK! :happy: Enjoyed a lovely long weekend getaway with my husband, and while it was awesome, it is wonderful to get back to the normal routine. Since I was away, I didn't get a chance to look at this week's challenge until today...but here is my progress...

1. 3/7 days of exercise
    2. 0 squats, 0 push-ups, 0 crunches...gotta get on the ball with this one!
    3. Nothing new
    4. 5/7 days breakfast but I haven't posted a picture yet.

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you have a happy, healthy weekend!
    ~Marsha