Team B Loft!

Options

Replies

• pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've gained 3. I can't work out due to the fall I took last Monday. I had to go back to the doctor today because my leg isn't getting better. She said keep it up and iced. STay off it as much as possible. Makes it a little impossible to workout. I'll try to get some done this week as I see a few things in the challenge that I won't need my legs or wrists for.

I put my info into the spreadsheet.
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,193 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Looks like I am not the only one with a gain... But I am sure we all get back on track soon!

pjgreen - too bad about your injury - I hope you will get better soon. Just do what the doctor tells you and don't tax your leg too soon!

2much - great that you started the 30DS! I had to stop after the first level due to my knee injury... but some time I will do it again, and the I will finish it.

How are you doing with this week's challenge? What is your exercise and food goal?
    Mine are to burn at least 2000 calories, and no junk food.

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 2/4
    2. Person that does the most squats, push-ups, crunches:
    3. Personal exercise goal: burn 2000 calories: 1103/2000
    4. Personal food goal: no junk food this week: good so far
  • Maalea
    Options
    Happy 4th of July to all from the U.S.!

I did only a little walking today, didn't have time for more, but tomorrow should be better.

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 3/4
    3. Personal exercise goal: burn 2000 calories: 1558/2000
    4. Personal food goal: no junk food this week: good so far :-)
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 2/4
    3. Personal exercise goal: burn 2000 calories: 2110/2000
    4. Personal food goal: No COOKIES - I am a cookie junkie. I haven't had one, but I've eaten too much of other things.

I can't seem to get down to the floor, due to my injured leg, so that knocks out regular crunches. I can't put pressure on my wrists yet so that knocks out all pushups. I even tried wall push ups and it hurt. Maybe next week.
  • Maalea
    Options
    pjgreen - hope you will be better soon! I didn't do any crunches, pushups and so on this week either - it sounds stupid, but I just forgot! Don't ask me why, when I copied down the challenge list... :embarassed:

But I had a really long walk on Friday - we visited the building site of our new office, we will move in August/September, and took a look at the rooms, it was quite interesting. Afterwards I walked home, with a nice break in a park to read a book and enjoy the sun.

2. Person that does the most squats, push-ups, crunches: none
    3. Personal exercise goal: burn 2000 calories: 2390/2000
    4. Personal food goal: no junk food this week: yes! :smile:
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    3. Personal exercise goal: burn 2000 calories: 2416/2000
    4. Personal food goal: No COOKIES - I am a cookie junkie. I haven't had one, but I've eaten too much of other things.

I can't seem to get down to the floor, due to my injured leg, so that knocks out regular crunches. I can't put pressure on my wrists yet so that knocks out all pushups. I even tried wall push ups and it hurt.

I have done some walking and played lawn darts with my grandkids, so I've gotten a little exercise, but not much. Without my regular exercise, my weight keeps going up - not good:frown: Maybe next week
  • annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I have been slacking on posting (sorry) but i see many are slacking on inputting weights. Only 4 of us did out of 11! Lets get back on track at least that much :) I know we can do this.
  • Maalea
    Options
    Ups - I did my 4 workouts this week, just forgot to change the copied entry...

So:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 4/4

I weigh on Monday mornings, so I will input my data tomorrow!
    Hope you all had a good weekend!
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    I weigh on Monday mornings at the gym so I am always using the same scale.
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello again ladies! I am back from vacation and ready for a new week! I hope you all are too!

Exercise Challenges
    1. Exercise 4 out of 7 days this week for at least 30 minutes. The exercise can be either cardio or strength training. It can be at a gym, at home, outside, or anywhere else you'd like. Squeeze it in during your lunch break at work or while your kids are at their extracurricular activities. Whenever it is and whatever it is, make sure it happens at least 4 times this week :)

1 lbs advantage for everyone who succeeds

2. Week 2 of the month long challenge! Do as many squats, crunches, and push-ups as you can each week. Make sure to keep track of how many you accomplish! At the end of the week, the person with the most in each category will get an advantage pound. At the end of the month, the people who've gone the farthest in each category will get an extra advantage pound.

1 lbs advantage for the best performer in each category

3. It's been a while since we have tried something new, so this week let's get back to trying to incorporate a new activity into our exercise program. It can also be something you haven't done in a long time.

Food Challenge
    4. This week we are going to have a breakfast challenge! I know we've done this before, but it has been a while. Since I'm posting this so late, let's make the goal to eat breakfast at least 5 out of 7 days this week. Also, be sure to post a picture of at least one breakfast you have this week. You can post pictures here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1039211-week-12-breakfast-challenge-pictures-recipes

1 lbs advantage for everyone who posts a picture

In Summary:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage
    2. Person that does the most squats, push-ups, crunches = 1 lbs advantage
    3. Try something new = 1 lbs advantage
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo

Thanks to everyone who suggested the challenges for this week! Please keep coming up with awesome ideas, and post them to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996673-challenge-ideas
  • annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I mentioned the empty slots on the chart I actually meant last weeks, but I see now there is only 3 missing so that is much better than it was :)
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    I just got home and filled it out. I've starting doing a little more work out again. Still have to be careful of my leg, but I am released from the doctor to do what I can as long as I take it easy for a while more. YEAH! I racked up some crunches, squats and pushups today.

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage 1/7
    Squats 100
    Push-Ups 102
    Crunches 111
    3. Try something new = 1 lbs advantage
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo - I awoke with a sick stomach this morning so I did not eat breakfast. I normally eat it every day but I didn't want to have it come back up at work.
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I tried something new yesterday and LOVED it!! :heart: Thought I would share with the rest of you.

it's an app called "Zombies, Run" it is a running app that gets you involved with a story while you are out walking, jogging and eventually running. It apparently has been out for a year or two but I just stumbled across it and thought I would give it a try. It is so good that I had to run on my treadmill last night so I could do the second mission. I don't even like running but I'll do it to get away from zombies! lol :tongue:
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    Zombies run . . . different. Have fun!

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage 2/7
    Squats 100 + 100
    Push-Ups 102 + 100
    Crunches 111 + 100
    3. Try something new = 1 lbs advantage I'll have to figure out something else that I can do with my sore leg. I tried to do different exercises on a stability ball tonight but couldn't do much because of my leg.
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo - 1/7
  • Maalea
    Options
    I have read of this app before, it does sound like fun! If I would be running, I would try it as well... Perhaps when I have lost another 10 kg, my knee will be up to this.

Sorry for not posting much in the last few days - I have been busy, but in a good way :-)
    On Monday I had a date with my orthopedic doctor, to look at the MR images of my knee. It is not as bad as it could be, no torn meniscus... So it should work with only physiotherapy, and no need for surgery :happy:
    And he gave his okay for my trekking vacation, which starts on Friday :drinker: I have to be careful, use trekking poles and a brace, but I am going!

So I can tell you I am really happy!
    And busy preparing my backpack with everything I will need for 16 days, weighing all the items and trying to find the most light ones. Well, it will get lighter when I am eating all the food, but until at the moment I am at about 19 kg, which is a bit too heavy - 17 kg would be great.

This week's challenge:
    2. Person that does the most squats, push-ups, crunches =
    3. Try something new = trekking, starting saturday
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = I always have breakfast, couldn't function without it :-)
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage 3/7
    Squats 100 + 100 + 150
    Push-Ups 102 + 100 + 20
    Crunches 111 + 100 + 30
    3. Try something new = 1 lbs advantage I'll have to figure out something else that I can do with my sore leg. I tried to do different exercises on a stability ball tonight but couldn't do much because of my leg.
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo - 2/7 I am attempting to load the pictures of yesterday's breakfast and today's breakfast.

Trekking sounds like so much fun. Hubby and I used to take short hikes when we were younger and loved it.
  • Maalea
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am leaving tomorrow very early! I won't have internet access most of the time, so I won't be here till the end of July. I filled in the spreadsheet with today's values, but there will be some empty cells for the next 2 weeks...

i hope you have a great time with lots of lost lbs in the meantime!

This week's challenge:
    1. 4/7 days of exercise = 4/4 done
    2. Person that does the most squats, push-ups, crunches =
    3. Try something new = trekking, starting saturday
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = will be dona
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Have a great trip Maalea! I did the West Coast Trail (Vancouver Island) years ago and it is still one of my most talked about trips (and I've been to France, Germany, Italy, NWT and parts of US & Canada). there is something amazing about pushing yourself to your limits each and every day and natures mercy and succeeding :smile: I loved that we had to camp on the trail and how risky everything was ( no comfortable hotel rooms, bathrooms or restaurants) and yet it is my favourite trip. ENJOY!!! :drinker:

Zombies, Run is so addicting. I love that I can do a mission at lunch and then do another at home on my treadmill. Last night a horde of zombies caught me and I was running at 6.1 Kmh.....WTF!! still fun :tongue:
  • 2muchchocncrisps
    2muchchocncrisps Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yes, have fun Maalea
  • pjgreen0830
    Options
    Have a wonderful time!

1. 4/7 days of exercise = 1 lbs advantage 4/7
    Squats 100 + 100 + 150 + 150
    Push-Ups 102 + 100 + 20 + 40
    Crunches 111 + 100 + 30 + 60
    4. 5/7 days with breakfast = 1 lbs advantage for success, 1 lbs advantage for photo - 3/7 I managed to load pictures of two breakfasts that I eat every week.