Online binge eating scale test

Options

Replies

• franch71
    franch71 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm a 28. A few months ago I would've been much worse, but I've also been better. I feel like I'm on the verge of sliding into more extreme behaviour again, and need to pull myself back.

I think talking to my husband helped last time. When things get secret, that's when they get bad for me.
  • lakerschick275
    lakerschick275 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Your score was 33 out of a possible 46.

Scores in the 27 - 46 range indicate severe Binge eating behavior

Anyone want a buddy to overcome this, feel free to add me!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    nm
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    Bump
  • runninguntilparadise
    Options
    I scored a 34.
    I know I have a problem. Geez.
    I mean, come on. Yesterday I ate half a big jar of hazelnut spread... those calories ON TOP of the usual daily calories I eat. I'm sure I ate my maintenance if not more in the spread ALONE.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I got a 32 (severe Binge eating behavior)

Yep that's me. Except I've had it under control pretty much since June 3rd (almost 60 days and only 1 binge). That is a major accomplishment for me but every minute is hard.
  • runninguntilparadise
    Options
    Except I've had it under control pretty much since June 3rd (almost 60 days and only 1 binge). That is a major accomplishment for me but every minute is hard.

WAY TO GO! That seems like forever for me, that IS a major accomplishment.
    It seems I can't go 3-5 days without having a binge. :sad:

Could you share some of your tips/tricks that helped you?
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, the enormity hits me sometimes of 60 days with only 1 binge. Especially looking back and not being able to string together 6 hours without binging.

I appreciate you asking me about what helped me. The number one thing that has helped me is believing that I have the ability within me to eat mindfully regardless of my feelings. You know that split second when you feel that yucky feeling, and say aww I need the food or I will almost die from that feeling, somehow I have been able to stand up to those feelings and just, well feel them. I am learning to be satisfied from and thankful for what I do eat, savoring every bite. I have tried really hard to recognize the feelings that are causing the binging behavior and to not be afraid of them. That is not to say that there haven't been really hard days. For example, without the food, my anxiety really comes through, to the point that I almost can't focus at work. I am lucky that I'm not a heart surgeon lol.

Also what has helped me is quite frankly, each day's success. Every day breeds the next day and the next.

I am fiercely cognizant of my triggers and avoid them, even at the risk of offending others. My recovery is just too important at this point in my life.

Lastly, the support and kindness of my friends on here has helped tremendously. Honestly, sometimes I feel guilty and selfish for taking care of and loving myself, and hearing that I'm doing the right thing helps.

I hope I don't come across as bragging, I am sorry if I do. I really really am grateful for my success so far yet every minute feels fragile sometimes. As they say one day (or one minute) at a time. Thanks again for asking.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I just joined this group today, after having a massive binge last night, my first one for ages, and feeling so ashamed of myself and sick this morning. I thought I had come so far, and then just lost it - for no reason.

If anyone wants to read about it, I wrote about it in my blog here...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SkimFlatWhite68/view/who-needs-enemies-when-you-have-self-sabotage-567076

Anyway, thanks for the link, I did the test and got:

"Your score was 23 out of a possible 46.
    Scores in the 18 - 26 range indicate moderate Binge eating behavior."

Pretty good considering - as I was answering the questions I am aware that a year ago, a lot of my answers would have added up to a much higher score, so for that I'm grateful. I have progressed, but at the same time scared that I'll never be free of binge eating.

I'm going to read through the threads now and hopefully find some ...? answers? peace? I don't know.

Feel kinda lost this morning :(
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    29...severe. Ouch.

It's only been the past few months that I've even considered myself to have a problem, so I started researching. Now to put a name to it plus the condition of "severe" is quite scary. I don't really know what to do. I feel really out of control and hopeless.
  • mixedbag4444
    mixedbag4444 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    20. I'm rather impressed with myself, I thought it would be higher.
  • KadenSmile
    KadenSmile Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got 32...

Sounds about right, I still struggle regularly with my relationship with food

Time to get back moving!
  • 251neveragain
    Options
    I scored a 28 :( but I guess I already knew this about myself, I have the biggest problem with boredom binging and binging with friends. I plan on retaking this in 6 months
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    retaken the test and it's got worse- from 23 last time i took it to 28 which is into the severe binge eating behaviour...really need to fix this and stop it! :frown:
  • GettingMooreInShape
    Options
    I scored a 40... ouch.

I keep telling myself I'll be able to fight this battle on my own, but I'm coming to the realization I may need help. With therapy or antidepressants..
    Does anyone have experience with either of these affecting your BED?
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    39 :(
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Bummer, I got 36.
    I was surprised to see that it's categorized as severe. I never realized that my problem was severe. I should have though.
    I'm not sure how to fix it.
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    35, sounds about right. It's a battle.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    31! Higher than I anticipated
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Scored 38. Less than I figured it would be,actually.

As I sit here sick from binging tonight :(